Temple U. School of Dentistry Class of 2011!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ill see you next month RockStar.

I tried calling but i guess you were busy, ill try again another time.

Members don't see this ad.

Pchem - new 'tar! I'll miss the dangle teeth - I used to see that movie poster every mornining on the sub, so by association, everytime I read a post of your's, I think of being on a platform.

Anywho - see you soon! Are you here already?

Pchem - new 'tar! I'll miss the dangle teeth - I used to see that movie poster every mornining on the sub, so by association, everytime I read a post of your's, I think of being on a platform.

Anywho - see you soon! Are you here already?

I thought it was time for a change. I decided on that last 'tar at my NYU interview I was chilling with RockstarDMD, we saw that poser and I knew I had to have that.
I'll be leaving Colorado on the 9th of August or so, and I will be moved in by the 14th. Cant wait to get out to Philly. I will be living up at Summit Park with what seems like a lot of other people.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ill see you next month RockStar.

I tried calling but i guess you were busy, ill try again another time.

Hey Man sorry I missed your call. I'll give you a call this week and we can catch up.

can you guys who got into temple class of 2011 tell me what your stats are?

Hey,

Its seems like an awful lot of people got into Temple. Is it a really good school? How is the campus and the tuition and if any of you know do they admit alot of internation students?

thanks guys.

What address do we send the health forms to? It says at the bottom of the first page to send to Eileen Kolick and gives some other information, but it doesn't seem like a real address to me (Broad & Ontario St., LB 43 Student Faculty Center???). And the zip code is different from the one given at the top of all the pages. Should I send it to the 3340 N. Broad St. address? My original is lost in the mail already so I want to make sure I send this second one to the correct address.

how do you know yours was lost in the mail?

All Brian asked me was if I submitted those forms, he didnt tell me if they received them or not.

Anyway 2 weeks till I move.

I had an old envelope with a stamp already on it and I didn't even think about the postage rate increase. So I mailed it out with a 39 cent stamp. It'll probably come back to me in a few days, but I wanted to make sure I got a copy in by the end of the month.

What address did you mail it to?

I had an old envelope with a stamp already on it and I didn't even think about the postage rate increase. So I mailed it out with a 39 cent stamp. It'll probably come back to me in a few days, but I wanted to make sure I got a copy in by the end of the month.

What address did you mail it to?

hey i just sent it to the broad&ontario address, but i am not sure if it got there or not =| . i think that is a proper address though b/c the building is located on both of those streets. maybe you can call ms. griffin and ask?

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone sign up for the health insurance yet?

A less intensive coverage ~ $900/year - no prescription coverage
More intensive coverage ~$2300/year

My last day is next Friday August 3rd.
Doing a nice alpine cycling trip on the 4th
partying it up that night,
and moving to Philly on Wednesday.

Congrats those two weeks will fly by.

Hey everyone congratulations on being accepted to temple! I am a second year there now and am more than happy with my choice. A lot of you have been asking questions about housing. Almost everyone I know lives in either manyunk or roxborough. The commute really isn't that bad and their are lots of people to carpool with. Personally I think summit on the park is the best as far as apartment complexes. I live right off of main street in manyunk. Main St. is sort of like the hot spot. All the bars are right there and most people hang out there on the weekends. It saves me a lot of expensive cab rides. If ya got any other questions feel free to ask. Enjoy the summer and i will see you all next year.

Does any one know what is the best way (less traffic, short distance, etc.) to get to school in the morning from Henry Ave? (and back?) Thanks! :)

did anybody else receive the orientation packet yesterday? I was wondering what we are supposed to wear to the first day or two of class since we probably wont' have our scrubs yet...

and winter break sucks..

Does any one know what is the best way (less traffic, short distance, etc.) to get to school in the morning from Henry Ave? (and back?) Thanks! :)

I think you can just go down Henry (depending on which direction your coming) to Allegheny Ave. From there you can turn on Allegheny ave and proceed straight to Broad St. I think the dental school is right on the corner. If your coming from Roxborough area I think this is a relatively quick way. Others may have a different opinion though.

did anybody else receive the orientation packet yesterday? I was wondering what we are supposed to wear to the first day or two of class since we probably wont' have our scrubs yet...

and winter break sucks..
it says in the packet "business casual"

lol...yeah thats for orientation..but what about starting aug. 27th? is that business cas too until we get our scrubs?

You can wear whatever you want to wear to school.

So did anyone else notice that the semesters end on a Friday and the next one begins on a Monday? Ouch! Looks like it's going to be a rough one!

So did anyone else notice that the semesters end on a Friday and the next one begins on a Monday? Ouch! Looks like it's going to be a rough one!

it wasn't like that this year ...so i'm hoping that is an error or that it applies to another class. from where i see it..summer session II is for the second years. so our [first year] summer vacation will be jun 27,2008 (summer session I ends) to august 25, 2008 (fall semester begins). :thumbup: ....hopefully..

it wasn't like that this year ...so i'm hoping that is an error or that it applies to another class. from where i see it..summer session II is for the second years. so our [first year] summer vacation will be jun 27,2008 (summer session I ends) to august 25, 2008 (fall semester begins). :thumbup: ....hopefully..

awesome...i love big vacations

can anybody provide some insight on to which internet provider in pHilly has good service and reasonable prices? thank you!

can anybody provide some insight on to which internet provider in pHilly has good service and reasonable prices? thank you!

There are two options for internet here in Philly: DSL or Cable

DSL: For DSL, your only real choice is Verizon. I would reccommend it because it's only $19.99/month for high speed connection (not as fast as cable, though).

Cable: For cable, you can go with Comcast high-speed internet. However, the downside is that it's considerably more expensive than Verizon DSL (I believe it's about $42.99 per month).

In the end, as a broke dental student, I think your best choice would be Verizon DSL. :thumbup:

On a side note, what is considered "business casual" for men?

There are lots of questions I have been mising since I have been on vacation not thinking about SDN or school...man it feels great to be a gangsta..er, dental student.

Anyway:
Parking - One person buys the pass and then it doesn't matter who drives. The person who bought the pass needs his ID to swipe at the parking gate. So you can trade off cars, etc. Assigned spots do not exist.

Internet: I have comcast for my desktop and leech off of someones wireless for my laptop. :angel:

business casual: khakis and a button up w/ or w/o a tie. You will get your id picture taken on this day.

Henry Ave to the school:
As someone said: Henry to Allegheny to Broad. There is a faster way to the parking lots, but that is for veterans only. I actually don't remember the street names. There are a dozen ways to get to school.

AES Loan:
Mine says incomplete too...and it will so for a while.

2nd years start:
On Aug 27th. Some of them will be there for orientation...but that is because they want to showoff how much they know to you:D I will be enjoying the full extent of my vacation.:thumbup:

I think that was everything so far. Make sure that if you are moving to Henry, write me down as the referrer and I will split the 200 bucks I get with you.:thumbup:

There are lots of questions I have been mising since I have been on vacation not thinking about SDN or school...man it feels great to be a gangsta..er, dental student.

Anyway:
Parking - One person buys the pass and then it doesn't matter who drives. The person who bought the pass needs his ID to swipe at the parking gate. So you can trade off cars, etc. Assigned spots do not exist.

Internet: I have comcast for my desktop and leech off of someones wireless for my laptop. :angel:

business casual: khakis and a button up w/ or w/o a tie. You will get your id picture taken on this day.

Henry Ave to the school:
As someone said: Henry to Allegheny to Broad. There is a faster way to the parking lots, but that is for veterans only. I actually don't remember the street names. There are a dozen ways to get to school.

AES Loan:
Mine says incomplete too...and it will so for a while.

2nd years start:
On Aug 27th. Some of them will be there for orientation...but that is because they want to showoff how much they know to you:D I will be enjoying the full extent of my vacation.:thumbup:

I think that was everything so far. Make sure that if you are moving to Henry, write me down as the referrer and I will split the 200 bucks I get with you.:thumbup:

Hey Corolla, my wife, little boy, and I just got here to Henry on the Park from Utah on Monday, we're in the C Building. I put your name down as a referral but Rhonda didn't ask who had referred me. Anyway it will be nice to meet you and your family.

just showed up in Philly. Man was that a drive across the country.

See you at the Base Ball game.

//now i get to get lost in a new city

A proud recipient of the George Sands Scholarship :D:D

Hey 1992 Corolla,

Is it necessary to bring a schoolbag to orientation? Will we be getting any books/materials which will require a book bag?

Thanks

Hey 1992 Corolla,

Is it necessary to bring a schoolbag to orientation? Will we be getting any books/materials which will require a book bag?

Thanks

You don't need anything. You will be given a folder with papers in it. That is all.

I just arrived yesterday in Philadelphia! We rented a 26-foot moving truck that ran on diesel to get us the 13 1/2 hours with the two of us and our two dogs in the cab! All was well until my fiance' ran into somebody trying to make a turn-oops! Anyhow, I can make it to the game next week as I am flying to Michigan Sunday-Wednesday, but is anyone still interested in drinks on Thursday??

Does anyone else want to meet for drinks? It would be cool to meet people before school starts. I was hoping to find a place to meet in Center City. PM me if you are in! I will be painting throughout the day, but will find time to check my mail.

yo, are any of you thinking about applying to the DMD/MBA program? Any thoughts on it?

4 more days until the orientation :D:cool::rolleyes::laugh::thumbup:

Can someone tell me if there is anything else I should remember about orientation other than to bring 2 locks? I will be out of the state until tomorrow so I don't have my paperwork, and I'm freaking that I forgot something? :eek: Do we have to do a bio?? Is there anything specific that that should include if so? Also, does anyone know what time/where we report on Thursday? I don't know if I remember seeing what time this whole thing goes down. Any help provided would be greatly appreciated!

Can someone tell me if there is anything else I should remember about orientation other than to bring 2 locks? I will be out of the state until tomorrow so I don't have my paperwork, and I'm freaking that I forgot something? :eek: Do we have to do a bio?? Is there anything specific that that should include if so? Also, does anyone know what time/where we report on Thursday? I don't know if I remember seeing what time this whole thing goes down. Any help provided would be greatly appreciated!
I think we start at 8am, but I'm not sure...

Come to the Dental School lobby at 6 am so that you don't get late :D:D

I have a few other schools too USC NOVA. Could you tell me your feelings about temple and philly. Pros Cons would you go to Temple if you could choose again?

Hi everyone. I'm interested in attending Dental School at Temple.. can you guys give me some advice and helpful ways of increasing my acceptance rate? What GPA does Temple accepts? I haven't taken the DAT's yet, hopefully I will do well when I do. Thanks so much!

omg this thread has been revived!

Raingel20, check out Temple U.'s profile on www.predents.com for an idea of accepted GPA and DAT scores.

good luck!

I will be joining teh 2012 class.

How was your first year, any big surprises, is it what you expected dental school to be. Was it harder or easier than you expected. And what is the best advice you could give me/us.

I will be joining teh 2012 class.

How was your first year, any big surprises, is it what you expected dental school to be. Was it harder or easier than you expected. And what is the best advice you could give me/us.

I swear after two years of plugging my website as the official unofficial temple dental website...

www.DMDstudent.com