Temple Univ. Post-bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
BCMS. I've been accepted to Jefferson's P4 program and will likely go there -- a choice I'm very happy with -- but am still waiting to hear from UPenn. Jeff's program is better suited to me but still, the uncertainty kills me. Good luck! It seems like a batch of rejects went out last night so if you didn't get one maybe you're a contender :)

Members don't see this ad.

BCMS. I've been accepted to Jefferson's P4 program and will likely go there -- a choice I'm very happy with -- but am still waiting to hear from UPenn. Jeff's program is better suited to me but still, the uncertainty kills me. Good luck! It seems like a batch of rejects went out last night so if you didn't get one maybe you're a contender :)

Thanks for the info

I'm glad to hear you're still in a program that you like :)

I applied ACMS, so still hesitant..

Has anyone heard from the ACMS program? Were the people with interviews for ACMS or BCMS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck, fingerscrossed! I'm hoping to hear anything back soon...rejection or interview invite (preferably that one, obviously) just ANYTHING. Thankfully I know that my things have been received and my application is "under review", but it has been for about 2 months now. I'd hope they wouldn't wait till the last minute to send rejection emails, because right now I'm thinking that I'm still in the running.

Would you mind letting me know which month your application was completed in? I submitted in December but it was complete early February. I would assume that they look at them in order of completion, but I'm not sure if that's true. I'm just losing hope at this point. :[

Good luck, fingerscrossed! I'm hoping to hear anything back soon...rejection or interview invite (preferably that one, obviously) just ANYTHING. Thankfully I know that my things have been received and my application is "under review", but it has been for about 2 months now. I'd hope they wouldn't wait till the last minute to send rejection emails, because right now I'm thinking that I'm still in the running.

Would you mind letting me know which month your application was completed in? I submitted in December but it was complete early February. I would assume that they look at them in order of completion, but I'm not sure if that's true. I'm just losing hope at this point. :[

Thanks! My application was complete in the last week of January. I had applied to the regular med school cycle as well so they used my AMCAS information. That might have speeded up the process?

Ahh that would make sense! I'd imagine it's easy for them to see everything that way! I'll just keep hoping for the best and checking my email religiously.

Good luck on your interview! Please let us know how it goes!

Reactions: 1 user
Ahh that would make sense! I'd imagine it's easy for them to see everything that way! I'll just keep hoping for the best and checking my email religiously.

Good luck on your interview! Please let us know how it goes!
Same here. It's so frustrating that everything I sent electronically takes longer to process than what I sent via snail mail. Good luck!

Does anyone know if there will be a third BCMS interview day this month? Or has the entering class already been selected?

Hi y'all just a quick update on the interview. Everyone was very friendly, and from what I heard most people's interviewers were laid-back and supportive. It was a pretty big group, mostly ACMS with a handful of BCMS. The program director said they would be meeting to discuss the interviewed candidates on Friday. If anyone has further questions (that I'm able to answer!) you can PM me. I was very impressed by the program and school!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm so glad to hear that it went well and that they were so nice and laid-back! Really hoping for an interview even more now. Hopefully after they discuss the candidates they'll send out more interview invites. Nervous that for such a small class so many will be chosen from the first interview session. But regardless, keep us posted with when you find out a decision and good luck to you! :]

Hi y'all just a quick update on the interview. Everyone was very friendly, and from what I heard most people's interviewers were laid-back and supportive. It was a pretty big group, mostly ACMS with a handful of BCMS. The program director said they would be meeting to discuss the interviewed candidates on Friday. If anyone has further questions (that I'm able to answer!) you can PM me. I was very impressed by the program and school!

Hey fingercrossed92,

Congrats on your interview!! I had two questions I wanted to ask. First, you mentioned there being a lot of ACMS students, could you provide an estimate of how many were for the interview? Also, did the interview last the entire day?

Thanks for answering! Congrats again on the interview, good luck when you hear back :)

Hey fingercrossed92,

Congrats on your interview!! I had two questions I wanted to ask. First, you mentioned there being a lot of ACMS students, could you provide an estimate of how many were for the interview? Also, did the interview last the entire day?

Thanks for answering! Congrats again on the interview, good luck when you hear back :)

Thank you! I can't remember the exact numbers -- don't hold me to it but I would approximate 15-20 ACMS students, and 3-4 BCMS. The interview day was from 8:30 am to around 3:30 pm.

Thank you! I can't remember the exact numbers -- don't hold me to it but I would approximate 15-20 ACMS students, and 3-4 BCMS. The interview day was from 8:30 am to around 3:30 pm.

I read from forums from past cycles that the magic number is 16 per interview (if I remember correctly) so your estimate is inline with that :) but congrats and good luck!

Congrats fingercrossed92 and good luck. hopefully you hear back soon

There were 25 people and only 2 or 3 were BCMS . She made it sound like we would all get in and the interview was a formality. Well see if that's true next week, I suppose.

From what I've read from previous years it seems like most who were interviewed did end up getting in. I'm just so jealous! Don't they only accept about 40 students for ACMS? But they have interviews going into June...

Crossing my fingers but not holding my breath. I'd rather hope for the best but prepare for the worst, I guess. I just can't imagine any other program!!!

From what I've read from previous years it seems like most who were interviewed did end up getting in. I'm just so jealous! Don't they only accept about 40 students for ACMS? But they have interviews going into June...

Crossing my fingers but not holding my breath. I'd rather hope for the best but prepare for the worst, I guess. I just can't imagine any other program!!!

So, from the profile on Temple webpage it says that 63 interviewed, and 40 matriculated. So, I am wondering how many of those 23 people were accepted after interview but did not matriculate to Temple due to being accepted off waitlist from another medical school, or was not extended an acceptance after the interview..

Yeah, really could be either! I'm just gonna keep checking my email compulsively as I have been doing for the past 2+ months, especially after this Friday. Urghhh.

Reactions: 2 users
I already applied to Temple School of Medicine, and I now want to go for the ACMS program. Does anyone know what I actually have to fill out or how much they just look at your AMCAS/supplemental from the medical school application process? It says those that have applied do not need new LOR because they will use med school ones, and only need to submit SAT/ACT and Resume through send us stuff. What about the essay questions? Do i just copy my secondary/AMCAS and seem repetitive, or just tell them to see my ACMAS?

Thanks!

Hi, thanks for your posts. I have a couple of questions, if you don't mind. Were most of the people that interviewed already rejected from a round of med school admissions? Do you mind sharing anything that you found were commonalities? Did they indicate how many more interview days there would be and when you'd hear back? THANK YOU, AND GOOD LUCK

I already applied to Temple School of Medicine, and I now want to go for the ACMS program. Does anyone know what I actually have to fill out or how much they just look at your AMCAS/supplemental from the medical school application process? It says those that have applied do not need new LOR because they will use med school ones, and only need to submit SAT/ACT and Resume through send us stuff. What about the essay questions? Do i just copy my secondary/AMCAS and seem repetitive, or just tell them to see my ACMAS?

Thanks!

I think then you just fill out the online form, answer their essay questions (character limit noted), I think even if you wrote for secondary similar essays, it should be ok. LOR, I think they can get it from your MD app (double check instruction, can't remember clearly now), yea submit SAT/ACT and resume.

Hi, thanks for your posts. I have a couple of questions, if you don't mind. Were most of the people that interviewed already rejected from a round of med school admissions? Do you mind sharing anything that you found were commonalities? Did they indicate how many more interview days there would be and when you'd hear back? THANK YOU, AND GOOD LUCK
It seemed to be a mix in terms of who had applied to med schools and who hadn't, but it only came up in conversation with a couple of people. Personally, I haven't applied to med schools yet. As for commonalities, I'm not sure beyond the fact that everyone I talked to was really friendly and sociable. I know that's probably not so much what you were looking for, but I didn't get into many in depth conversations about extracurriculars and such. They didn't tell us anything about how many more interview dates there would be, but we were told we should hear back early this week.

It seemed to be a mix in terms of who had applied to med schools and who hadn't, but it only came up in conversation with a couple of people. Personally, I haven't applied to med schools yet. As for commonalities, I'm not sure beyond the fact that everyone I talked to was really friendly and sociable. I know that's probably not so much what you were looking for, but I didn't get into many in depth conversations about extracurriculars and such. They didn't tell us anything about how many more interview dates there would be, but we were told we should hear back early this week.
Good luck!

*keeps refreshing email* I'm guessing we'll hear back sometime from Monday - Wednesday.

Reactions: 1 users
*keeps refreshing email* I'm guessing we'll hear back sometime from Monday - Wednesday.

Oh my gosh I've been refreshing my email 100+ times a day since my app was completed. I can only imagine it's worse for you! I'm going to keep refreshing over and over, too, hoping for a frickin interview invite!

Oh my gosh I've been refreshing my email 100+ times a day since my app was completed. I can only imagine it's worse for you! I'm going to keep refreshing over and over, too, hoping for a frickin interview invite!
Me too!

Do you think it's possible that they are increasing the class size this year? Seems odd that 20-25 people already had interviews and its not even May yet. (Congrats to those who were invited to an interview!) I'm still waiting for my application status to change to "complete" so I'm starting to panic. I hope applying this late wont hurt my chances too much. Also, I don't know how competitive I am since I'm career changing from veterinary medicine to human medicine.

I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow or Wednesday for the decisions. I feel like I've already used all my monthly data for my phone refreshing my mailbox.

I'm pretty sure we're all going to be accepted. The program administrator seemed to make that pretty clear. She said the class size would be 35, I think. There were a couple people on waitlists for medical school, so I think they'll invite more once they know how many people will accept their offer.

Seems like ACMS interviews started a month earlier than what the website indicates. Anyone have any idea when the next batch of interview invites are going to be sent out?

Does anyone know if the status page would actually be shown "COMPLETE" or you just receive a complete email? I received a completion email, but if I log on, I can't tell if it's complete b/c there's no indication on my status page about completion. But it does show the things that were received.

The office seems to be too busy to be answering phone calls....unfortunately.

Does anyone know if the status page would actually be shown "COMPLETE" or you just receive a complete email? I received a completion email, but if I log on, I can't tell if it's complete b/c there's no indication on my status page about completion. But it does show the things that were received.

The office seems to be too busy to be answering phone calls....unfortunately.
I'm guessing you're fine. I just checked and mine says "STATUS = APPLICATION RECEIVED AND PAYMENT VERIFIED" at the top of the page.

Did it take a while for your letter of recommendations to show up as "y" for materials received? My LOR said he submitted on Saturday but it still is blank

Damn, I really thought decisions were going to come out today. I guess one more day of neurotically refreshing my inbox.

Come on, Temple! You said "early next week!"

Reactions: 1 users
On the site, Under which drop down do our writers submit our LORs and Waivers? There's no specific designation? I'm just going to have them mail the letter and waiver in I guess

When I applied, there was an option for "LOR Waiver" that the instructions said the writers could also use for uploading the letters themselves.

There was a LOR waiver drop down, but now it's no longer there? I may just have them mail it in so I know for sure it gets there.

Nothing here either! Hopefully by this week we'll be getting decisions.

I am just waiting for you guys to get your acceptances because Im assuming interview invites for next round will go out after that :D

Still nothing and it's almost noon over there. I've tried calling, but it keeps going to voicemail. :/

Hey Guys I just found out about this program. I was wondering do you think its too late to apply? I see they have already sent out interview invites.......Also did any of you send your info to them electronically i.e. transcripts and letters from interfolio? Or do you recommend mailing everything? It seems like some people have had issues with the "send us stuff" option. I would love to get some input.....thanks!