Temple Univ. Post-bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview Invite couple days ago for the ACMS Program.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am wondering what is the plan for ACMS for the MCAT... will we be expected to take the new MCAT in may in 2015? Or will they want us to take the old MCAT by January 2015? (for those of us who need to retake). I am concerned about this!!!

I am wondering what is the plan for ACMS for the MCAT... will we be expected to take the new MCAT in may in 2015? Or will they want us to take the old MCAT by January 2015? (for those of us who need to retake). I am concerned about this!!!

That's actually a really good question. It would probably be worth it to call them and ask, I'm sure you're not the only one wondering.

I emailed them yesterday but haven't heard back.. don't want to be too fierce right out of the gate :p

Do we get a complete email if the app. is complete? Also, so I didn't complete their secondary (awkward) but they should still have my primary AMCAS for the supporting materials, rights?

Does the invitation for an interview come as an e-mail, phone call or a letter?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does the invitation for an interview come as an e-mail, phone call or a letter?
According to the website it comes in the form of an email. My application to BCMS was complete on 3/10 and haven't heard back yet. There is still no March interview date on the website (I guess since they had to extend the deadline, they either haven't settled on a new date or have not disclosed it on the website). I emailed them today to see if they could give me an idea as to when interview decisions might be made...we'll see.

What should I write about in "Why the post-bacck program (ACMS).

I have a decent GPA (3.63, 34 MCAT), its just I have a bad grade trend (got a 3.o during senior year). I'm going to be a 3rd time reapplicant so I love this post-bacc because of the guranteed acceptance.

Should I just write about how, since I'm taking many of the M1 classes earlier, I'll have more time for extracurriculars, research during medical school?

Has anyone heard back from Temple about the BCMS program? Any interviews? Acceptances? I sent them an email earlier this week asking about interview dates, but haven't received a response. It seems like decisions should be happening soon, as the program begins in May...At this point I just want to know if I totally missed the mark so I can stop worrying about it.

Interview Invite couple days ago for the ACMS Program.

Hi, member103830, congrats!
I'm soooo confused as Temple has said that interview invites for ACMS don't go out until April. They first fill the BCMS class. When is your interview scheduled for, if you don't mind. And did you get the invite by email?

Has anyone heard back from Temple about the BCMS program? Any interviews? Acceptances? I sent them an email earlier this week asking about interview dates, but haven't received a response. It seems like decisions should be happening soon, as the program begins in May...At this point I just want to know if I totally missed the mark so I can stop worrying about it.
I have the same question for the ACMS. It seems odd that no one has posted about BCMS interviews and the program BEGINS in May, and there are people posting that they got ACMS interviews scheduled for April and the program begins in August......in addition to the fact that the website says interview dates for ACMS start in May. I have tried calling for more info, but no one answers and the mailbox is full. Ridiculous.

Hi, member103830, congrats!
I'm soooo confused as Temple has said that interview invites for ACMS don't go out until April. They first fill the BCMS class. When is your interview scheduled for, if you don't mind. And did you get the invite by email?
Thanks! I think they must've just started the interviewing season earlier this cycle, can't say for sure. My interview is scheduled for the 2nd week of April. I got the invite via email.

Thanks! I think they must've just started the interviewing season earlier this cycle, can't say for sure. My interview is scheduled for the 2nd week of April. I got the invite via email.
Good luck!!!!! Let us know when you hear!

It's also weird how last year everyone kept saying that there were only 13 people per interview date, and that most, if not all, got accepted. If you look at the actual interview to acceptance rate it's a little over 60%. Which is still nice.

It's also weird how last year everyone kept saying that there were only 13 people per interview date, and that most, if not all, got accepted. If you look at the actual interview to acceptance rate it's a little over 60%. Which is still nice.
I noticed that on Temple's site it only gives the number matriculated out of the number interviewed (at least that's all I could find). So I'm guessing (/hoping) more than 60% got in.

Maybe a couple bowed out because they got acceptances, but I don't think more than a few would decline the offer.

What should I write about in "Why the post-bacck program (ACMS).

I have a decent GPA (3.63, 34 MCAT), its just I have a bad grade trend (got a 3.o during senior year). I'm going to be a 3rd time reapplicant so I love this post-bacc because of the guranteed acceptance.

Should I just write about how, since I'm taking many of the M1 classes earlier, I'll have more time for extracurriculars, research during medical school?

I simply wrote about how the program will help me increase my credential as an applicant. I went on for two paragraphs and so...prob. touched on some of my good points in the app. I wrote a line on their conditional acceptance and why I like it, lol no gap year. They prob. know you are applying b/c you cannot get into an MD program directly. Yea, I mentioned how taking the M1 class is helpful for a few reason...blah blah blah

What you wrote also sounds really good too. I don't think people spend that much time reading through your essays, to be honest, esp. after one app. cycle. But it's still important to have the basics down in the essay. I feel like all things come down to your numbers. big sigh

Don't you have to retake the classes again anyways?

It is getting uncomfortably close to the start of actual classes. It would be great to hear from them at some point very soon just for the sake of having the time to take care of the tuition (aka request loans) if I am admitted.... How are you guys paying for it, if you don't mind me asking? (I apologize for my bluntness)

.... How are you guys paying for it, if you don't mind me asking? (I apologize for my bluntness)

Loans. You're right...if accepted they aren't leaving you much time to get finances in order. Did you apply to BCMS?

Reactions: 1 user
Yes BCMS. What loans are these? Grad plus or something similar? I am in the beginning stages of my "how do i finance this" research..

Yes BCMS. What loans are these? Grad plus or something similar? I am in the beginning stages of my "how do i finance this" research..

The best deal you will get is the unsubsidized stafford. Which has limit of 20500. If you need more you can supplement it with grad plus loan or private loan such as Sallie Mae depending on what kind of interest rate you can get.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard anything? Did our apps get lost or deleted? :)

How long does it take the admissions to mark the submitted documents as complete? I clicked the link for "materials received," and I see the list but nothing is marked with a red "Y." I started submitting documents like the résumé and transcript before my payment was verified. Does it take them a few days to mark as complete or should I try uploading again?

Thanks!!

How long does it take the admissions to mark the submitted documents as complete? I clicked the link for "materials received," and I see the list but nothing is marked with a red "Y." I started submitting documents like the résumé and transcript before my payment was verified. Does it take them a few days to mark as complete or should I try uploading again?

Thanks!!
I had this happen to me for over a week after submission (late Jan). Lost patience and called them.. Asked about the status of the submitted materials and they told me, they will review the files ASAP. Received the e-mail about completion of the application a day after. Call them.

Thanks!!

took few days for me. its not automatic check, they have to do it manually

I had this happen to me for over a week after submission (late Jan). Lost patience and called them.. Asked about the status of the submitted materials and they told me, they will review the files ASAP. Received the e-mail about completion of the application a day after. Call them.
Did you call the number on the website? Everytime I call, it says the voice mail is full.

Did you call the number on the website? Everytime I call, it says the voice mail is full.
Yes the one on the website. I called during work hours and someone picked up right away. That was in Feb.

Yes the one on the website. I called during work hours and someone picked up right away. That was in Feb.
Maybe I'll try next week.. thanks!

Still haven't been able to reach anyone :arghh:

Called them just now to ask about the status of the application. Someone picked up, told me they have no access to the database and transferred me to someone's voicemail. Left a message asking to call me back.

On the "Important Dates" section of the website the day for the second interview for BCMS is listed as "March 2014" but since the application deadline was extended to 17th, I guess the interview date should also be shifted to sometime before 17Apr.

Anyway, do we get emails only if we are selected? Or if we are rejected as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
Called them just now to ask about status of the application. Someone picked up, told me they have no access to the database and transferred me to someone's voicemail. Left a message asking to call me back.

On the "Important Dates" section of the website the day for the second interview for BCMS is listed as "March 2014" but since that the application deadline was extended to 17th, I guess the interview date should also be shifted to sometime before 17Apr.

Anyway, do we get emails only if we are selected? Or if we are rejected as well?
Thanks for letting me know. I called and left a message as well.

On the "Important Dates" section of the website the day for the second interview for BCMS is listed as "March 2014" but since the application deadline was extended to 17th, I guess the interview date should also be shifted to sometime before 17Apr.

Parsing through the last years' messages it seems that this kind of a situation is a standard occurrence. Also noticed a post from a member saying that we do get an "You_are_rejected" email as well. So in a few days ...

Interview is really soon. Flying out tomorrow. A bit nervous! :S

I'm getting so frustrated with this, too! Honestly I'd rather know if it's a rejection or not so I can complete my applications for other places. I want this program like nothing else, but waiting over two months to hear ANYTHING other than that my application is complete really sucks when the other programs I'm appying to are also really competitive, but I want to get decisions around the same time!

I've called multiple times to no avail, and left multiple emails. Frustrating because a few weeks back during my spring break I got a response to an email the same day - after I called the phone number and reached the full voicemail.

And this email was inquiring about application status, which was still just "under review". Grr. Patience is not a virtue that I have when it comes to such life-changing things!

Just got a rejection letter :-(

Sorry to hear that. Willing to share stats?

Already? I'm sorry :(

Sending stuff by mail may be faster... worked for me with recs and transcripts

Same here.... Got the rejection email last night. It was a long shot for me anyways but one can always hope. At least I know now and can move on!