Temple University Kornberg School of Dentistry Post-Bac Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yayy!! I'm so happy to see so many familiar names get accepted!!! Congratulations everyone, you guys deserved it!!! See you guys next year!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted!!! I am really excited !!

Reactions: 4 users
Just got my acceptance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yayy!! I'm so happy to see so many familiar names get accepted!!! Congratulations everyone, you guys deserved it!!! See you guys next year!

Did someone start an accepted group on Facebook this time last year?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Looks like I will be joining you all as well this June! Congrats to everyone!

Did someone start an accepted group on Facebook this time last year?

One of my friend, who just got accepted to the post-bacc group today is going to start one and then Terry will email you guys about it.

One of my friend, who just got accepted to the post-bacc group today is going to start one and then Terry will email you guys about it.

Thank you! You are a life saver on this thread!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys, I am little confused... is $5,000 deposit part of $ 20,000 (summer tuition)? or is it separate amount?
Also, which area/ apartments are you guys thinking ? I am not from the area, so I am not familiar with Philly system.

Thanks!!

Hi guys, I am little confused... is $5,000 deposit part of $ 20,000 (summer tuition)? or is it separate amount?
Also, which area/ apartments are you guys thinking ? I am not from the area, so I am not familiar with Philly system.

Thanks!!
Yes, the deposit (nonrefundable) is part of the summer tuition.

Does anyone recall what day orientation will be?

I'm a little confused about this because I thought they said May 25th at the interview, but my acceptance email said "see you at orientation NEXT WEEK"....I'm assuming/hoping that was a typo.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my acceptance today at 1PM and I interviewed on march 30th!!
I'm also confused about the orientation date because I find it hard to believe that the day will be held next week, considering how people are still being invited to interview. Plus what are some of the options in taking out private loans? Crazy how fast Temple wants that 5k deposit!

Reactions: 5 users
I can't wait to officially meet everyone as a class!!

Reactions: 6 users
I'm a little confused about this because I thought they said May 25th at the interview, but my acceptance email said "see you at orientation NEXT WEEK"....I'm assuming/hoping that was a typo.

I just emailed back to ask so I’ll post in here when they reply!

Accepted!! Man, I've been on top of the world since I got the news yesterday!

Guys we're gonna be in one of those cute class pictures like Ms. Nyquist showed us. I'm hype.

Reactions: 7 users
So the email said this: Additional instructions for sending your tuition deposit as well as instructions for obtaining and submitting the required documentation above, will be emailed to you later today
Did you guys receive the other email later in the day?

So the email said this: Additional instructions for sending your tuition deposit as well as instructions for obtaining and submitting the required documentation above, will be emailed to you later today
Did you guys receive the other email later in the day?

yup!! i think i got the other email like a hour after the acceptance! :)

YES! Can't wait! I actually reactivated my facebook just so I can join the facebook group lol.

Also, I'm crying at "see you at orientation next week" while we're all still in class probably, haven't graduated yet, etc :laugh:

YES! Can't wait! I actually reactivated my facebook just so I can join the facebook group lol.

Also, I'm crying at "see you at orientation next week" while we're all still in class probably, haven't graduated yet, etc :laugh:
That's funny, because some post bacc students were in a Masters program at the time summer semester started, so they couldn't attend first week of class. They flew in for orientation and then flew back out to finish their program and then flew back in to attend post-bacc.

But yeah, I highly doubt the orientation is next week. It should be like the last week of May.

Terry said that once you pay the deposit, you will be invited for the FB group.

They just sent a correction email. orientation is on May 24 and 25.

Yayyyy congratulations to everyone who was accepted! Can't wait to meet all of you :)

Questionnnn! I'm looking to rent a studio or even a 1 bedroom apt, most likely in Center City. Any recommendations for actual buildings/complexes? I figured Center City is probably my best bet considering it's only a 15 min train ride from campus.. or Manayunk! Blehh this is all so confusing lol!

Last edited:
Yayyyy congratulations to everyone who was accepted! Can't wait to meet all of you :)

Questionnnn! I'm looking to rent a studio or even a 1 bedroom apt, most likely in Center City. Any recommendations for actual buildings/complexes? I figured Center City is probably my best bet considering it's only a 15 min train ride from campus.. or Manayunk! Blehh this is all so confusing lol!
For Center City, I know some of the people in our class live in Riverwest. There are also some that live in Chinatown area, but it gets a bit loud and dirty. For Manayunk, I would only recommend that area if you have a car. There may be some other people that are actually from Philadelphia that may help you answer this question too.

I currently live in YoNo and it has a complimentary shuttle that takes you to the dental school (also has Med students and some dental students here), so I thought that was super convenient and a cheaper method than living in the city (can be quite expensive in the city), all utilities are included too! But then again, YoNo area is not that nice...

Any news on the stats for your class? Was the acceptance rate higher than last year?

No official stats yet, but from the vibe of my classmates, I can tell that the acceptance rate is very similar from last year's.

So excited to meet everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted! Cant wait to meet everyone either! I did not receive the follow up email after the acceptance email about the financial aid info, ect. I emailed Ms. Griffin and she said some people were not able to open it so tomorrow she will be sending out another email to everyone (in case anyone else was in the same boat as me! lol)

Accepted! Cant wait to meet everyone either! I did not receive the follow up email after the acceptance email about the financial aid info, ect. I emailed Ms. Griffin and she said some people were not able to open it so tomorrow she will be sending out another email to everyone (in case anyone else was in the same boat as me! lol)
Oh awesome! Yeah the same thing happened to me but I emailed and didn't get a response.

Ms. Nyquist sent me an academic calendar but it's the Dental School one and doesn't have any of the dates regarding our program so I'm not sure. If they are following last years program, then my best guess is we start the Tuesday or Wednesday after Memorial Day weekend.

Does anyone know if the check for the deposit can be a personal check or if it needs to be bank certified?

check sent! let's get ourselves a perfect acceptance rate people!

would I receive a confirmation email when they receive deposit?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using SDN mobile

Congratulations to those newly accepted! My interview is next week and I'm feeling nervous but excited. I'm working on my video interview but I'm not sure what are the best things to mention. Should I repeat things in my personal statement? Mention volunteer work and/or shadowing? I would really appreciate any help! I'd also be happy to start a conversation with anyone that might be willing :)

Congratulations to those newly accepted! My interview is next week and I'm feeling nervous but excited. I'm working on my video interview but I'm not sure what are the best things to mention. Should I repeat things in my personal statement? Mention volunteer work and/or shadowing? I would really appreciate any help! I'd also be happy to start a conversation with anyone that might be willing :)
I'll let those that got accepted this cycle answer your question since they are the most recent, but if you have any questions for me, let me know! Good luck :)

I went in there and talked about what I've been doing since my application was sent in and then I talked about some of my hobbies, interests, goals for my career. So if you have been doing something like volunteer work or shadowing that has been recent and not in your application I'd mention it, but otherwise they already know that. Give them something else to learn about you!

Hey guys, I'm filling out the FAFSA application and was wondering if I put down "no" for this question "At the beginning of the 2017-2018 school year, will you be working on a master's or doctorate program (such as an MA, MBA, MD, JD, PhD, EdD, or graduate certificate, etc.)?" Thanks!

Hey guys, I'm filling out the FAFSA application and was wondering if I put down "no" for this question "At the beginning of the 2017-2018 school year, will you be working on a master's or doctorate program (such as an MA, MBA, MD, JD, PhD, EdD, or graduate certificate, etc.)?" Thanks!
5th year undergrad

you put no

interviewed last friday April 7th
just got accepted today

Just got my acceptance! interviewed last Friday; April 7th!

Just gotta scrounge up the $5,000 & Financial Aid now

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users