Texas A&M College of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Can everyone who got accepted say their top choice school? This way we can know more of how many spots are empty.
I got accepted at A&M but waiting for an acceptance at SA

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted and A&M is my top choice.

Can everyone who got accepted say their top choice school? This way we can know more of how many spots are empty.
I'll be attending A&M, and I turned down my acceptance at Houston. There's also a sticky thread on the front page where people can post what schools they'll be turning down. You might want to monitor that if you're looking to get a feel for how many spots are opening up.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A&M is my top choice and I will be attending in the fall

Last edited:
A&M also my top choice, look forward to meeting you all!

I'll be attending A&M, and I turned down my acceptance at Houston. There's also a sticky thread on the front page where people can post what schools they'll be turning down. You might want to monitor that if you're looking to get a feel for how many spots are opening up.
I can’t find that sticky thread. Can you please post the link to it?

I can’t find that sticky thread. Can you please post the link to it?

Members don't see this ad :)
for those accepted, did you receive a scholarship offer from a&m already? if so, how did you get notified about it?

for those accepted, did you receive a scholarship offer from a&m already? if so, how did you get notified about it?
I got 8k for the first year; it was on the letter

Reactions: 1 user
I got 8k for the first year; it was on the letter
just read my letter again hoping I missed it. nothing. am desperately looking for reasons to choose A&M lol. congrats on the acceptance and the 8k offer.

just read my letter again hoping I missed it. nothing. am desperately looking for reasons to choose A&M lol. congrats on the acceptance and the 8k offer.
I saw you were asked UTHSCSA vs A&M as well. Faris buddy I would like to see you in SA class but if your heart is with A&M then dont let an 8k offer of SA changes your mind. Both schools are among the most affordable ones and A&M is cheaper by 13k in 4 years( im not pretty sure) but my point is 8k is nothing in a long run for a dentist so just choose a place that you feel its a better school for you!

I saw you were asked UTHSCSA vs A&M as well. Faris buddy I would like to see you in SA class but if your heart is with A&M then dont let an 8k offer of SA changes your mind. Both schools are among the most affordable ones and A&M is cheaper by 13k in 4 years( im not pretty sure) but my point is 8k is nothing in a long run for a dentist so just choose a place that you feel its a better school for you!
Thing is Dallas is where I'm planning to practice, but unfortunately cost is something I must really consider because I'm fully planning on opening a practice once I graduate (due to age, I have no intentions to specialize and will be probably <30k in debt according to my math). Dallas would put me at about 20k disadvantage (could be more or less pending info regarding fees I should know more about on jan 4th). I also have a kid who will attend 1st grade immediately after my graduation so I'll need to have school stuff figured out in Dallas by the time I graduate. seems all direction are aiming toward A&M but I think if cost difference reaches 30k I just might go SA.
if you don't mind me asking, what's cost difference you'd choose as cutoff for picking one school over the other?

Thing is Dallas is where I'm planning to practice, but unfortunately cost is something I must really consider because I'm fully planning on opening a practice once I graduate (due to age, I have no intentions to specialize and will be probably <30k in debt according to my math). Dallas would put me at about 20k disadvantage (could be more or less pending info regarding fees I should know more about on jan 4th). I also have a kid who will attend 1st grade immediately after my graduation so I'll need to have school stuff figured out in Dallas by the time I graduate. seems all direction are aiming toward A&M but I think if cost difference reaches 30k I just might go SA.
if you don't mind me asking, what's cost difference you'd choose as cutoff for picking one school over the other?
I think I'd choose Dallas since you plan on practicing there, and especially since your kid will be starting 1st grade in four years! If I were in your shoes, it would take a difference of maybe 60k to change my mind.

Reactions: 2 users
I also heard that A&M might increase its tuition but I'm not entirely sure

I think I'd choose Dallas since you plan on practicing there, and especially since your kid will be starting 1st grade in four years! If I were in your shoes, it would take a difference of maybe 60k to change my mind.
A&M's reputation for graduating better clinically prepared dentists is also in consideration.

with the new building one might think they would. but I also thought they would just matriculate more students to cover the extra cost. maybe they'll do both!

Reactions: 2 users
Any amount like 30k or 40k is not too bad especially since you are sure about where you wanna practice. A&M is a better option both for your networking and your child. I dont agree with that A&M prepares better dentista clinically :D , I have heared this from many friends at different schools that all Texas schools are good and it only matters where you feel better. Anyway dont see that 20k extra as cost see it as an investment both for yourself and your child!

Most dentists are graduating with over 300k of debt nowadays. You'll be in a great position with your finances either way, so I think the difference between the two schools is negligible. That's especially true if you're going to own your own practice (making a good deal more than an associate would).

Going to school in the area that you intend to practice can be extremely valuable from what I've heard. Attending A&M will give you 4 years to build a professional network, which will give you some great local connections coming out of school. That in it of itself might be worth the cost difference.
I called the office of financial aid to ask about tuition changes. They told me that nothing is finalized, but costs should be roughly the same as last year.

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone called to see if they'll say anything about how many seats are left?

Has anyone received an interview invite after Dec 15?

Does anyone know the overall tuition difference (more or less) between A&M and San Antonio? The overall for A&M is 200k right?

123k Texas A&M
134k UTHSCSA
Only tuition and fees
Does anyone know the overall tuition difference (more or less) between A&M and San Antonio? The overall for A&M is 200k right?

Does anyone know the total tuition difference between A&M and UT Houston? And is there a date that they tell us the confirmed 2021-2022 tuition?

Last edited:
I got the 8k, but in a separate letter from the acceptance. Does anyone know if they continue to give students scholarships each year?

Did you receive an invite for that interview before or after Dec 15? Congrats btw!
Thanks! I got my invite before Dec 15. Sorry for the late reply, I don't browse SDN as much as I used to.

Anybody have interviews after this week?

123k Texas A&M
134k UTHSCSA
Only tuition and fees
Im currently a D1 at TAMCOD and we were officially notified last semester that there will be a tuition increase of an additional 4-5k PER year. I have attached our breakdown we received. Based on this, add approx 23k to the posted tuition thats currently found online.

Attachments

• DDS Tuition Increase Impact - Student Meeting 11.2.20.xlsx
    121.2 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Im currently a D1 at TAMCOD and we were officially notified last semester that there will be a tuition increase of an additional 4-5k PER year. I have attached our breakdown we received. Based on this, add approx 23k to the posted tuition thats currently found online.
I thought they said it would be 5.5K more a semester, around 17K more for us and 22K more for C/O25 over the years.

While we are airing dirty laundry the school still hasn’t vaccinated anyone 😡

• Wow
Anybody have interviews this week? I heard TAMU is done with interviewing...

From D4 student attending the college.

From D4 student attending the college.
I see, I think I’ll call the admissions office this week just to confirm with them, but thanks anyways! Do they send out rejection letters even if you don’t get an interview?

I see, I think I’ll call the admissions office this week just to confirm with them, but thanks anyways! Do they send out rejection letters even if you don’t get an interview?
They send out the rejection email even if you don't get an interview. I didn't get an interview and I didn't get notified until March of last cycle.

To be fair though, the UTSCSA AND UT Houston classes also have a tuition increase annually, so with that taken into account, TAMCOD still ends up being the lowest cost tuition-wise of the three (according to the calculations in the spreadsheet they gave us).

They said it'd be ~5.5k per year... let's hope they don't raise it more though :/
With 5.5k increase its not gonna be the cheapest anymore but who cares still one of the most affordable programs.

I still need to complete Microbiology pre-req for Texas A&M; Any guidance on where to complete this course by the end of July?

To be fair though, the UTSCSA AND UT Houston classes also have a tuition increase annually, so with that taken into account, TAMCOD still ends up being the lowest cost tuition-wise of the three (according to the calculations in the spreadsheet they gave us).

They said it'd be ~5.5k per year... let's hope they don't raise it more though :/
You’re right on that front. Still cheaper here than almost all OOS options by a long shot. Not sure what SA and H raised their tuition by but they certainly did too.

TAMCOD finally is vaccinating everyone now. I shouldn’t have been so whiny last week.

So I quickly looked at the last two cycle's threads trying to figure out the general time they'll inform us of any decisions after the first wave of acceptance. Remember that COVID stuff might push back the timeline of when they send stuff out.

EY 2020: Mid-February is when they sent out another round of acceptances. March is when they sent out alternates.

EY 2019: The whole class was filled the first round. April is when they sent out alternates.

Do correct me if I'm wrong. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back after their interview.

You’re right on that front. Still cheaper here than almost all OOS options by a long shot. Not sure what SA and H raised their tuition by but they certainly did too.

TAMCOD finally is vaccinating everyone now. I shouldn’t have been so whiny last week.
During my interview two weeks ago, Dr. Miller was talking about how they had to educate the medical school about why dental students should get vaccinated. It's good to hear that they decided to share.