Texas A&M College of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

So I quickly looked at the last two cycle's threads trying to figure out the general time they'll inform us of any decisions after the first wave of acceptance. Remember that COVID stuff might push back the timeline of when they send stuff out.

EY 2020: Mid-February is when they sent out another round of acceptances. March is when they sent out alternates.

EY 2019: The whole class was filled the first round. April is when they sent out alternates.

Do correct me if I'm wrong. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back after their interview.
This is from the TAMHSC portal under View for the Interview RSVP.
Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 4.28.34 PM.png

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
does receiving the post-baccalaureate program email mean you have been rejected after interviewing?

does receiving the post-baccalaureate program email mean you have been rejected after interviewing?
I got it and I haven’t been interviewed lol. I was wondering if it meant I shouldn’t even hold out hope 😅

The third paragraph begins with "This announcement does not affect your status in the regular dental admissions process at Texas A&M College of Dentistry... if you have interviewed for our 2021 class, you are still under consideration for a position." Hang in there! (I'm assuming you've interviewed lol)

The third paragraph begins with "This announcement does not affect your status in the regular dental admissions process at Texas A&M College of Dentistry... if you have interviewed for our 2021 class, you are still under consideration for a position." Hang in there! (I'm assuming you've interviewed lol)
Did anybody who has an offer from TAMUCD receive this email? If they did, then it is a mass e-mail, if they only sent this to some subset of applicants then we have to worry..
BTW: I also got it and I interviewed on Jan 19th.

they most likely sent it to everyone who applied and have not received an offer from them regardless of interviewing w them or not
idk about y'all but the email is still triggering lol

Some members who aren't part of the 2025 class have turned the page into a cesspool of fundraisers. I hope mods try to limit how many of these ads are allowed in a certain period of time.
do you happen to know how many people in the group are actually entering the class

Members don't see this ad :)
Some members who aren't part of the 2025 class have turned the page into a cesspool of fundraisers. I hope mods try to limit how many of these ads are allowed for a certain period of time.
Make a class discord with yourself as admin. Y’all will either use discord or groupme anyway and discord is better anyway. Then for entry requirements make students send a screenshot or pic of their acceptance letter. This way you can restrict all the upperclassmen shills who try to enter and make sure only accepted people can enter.

Make a class discord with yourself as admin. Y’all will either use discord or groupme anyway and discord is better anyway. Then for entry requirements make students send a screenshot or pic of their acceptance letter. This way you can restrict all the upperclassmen shills who try to enter and make sure only accepted people can enter.
Am not exactly a social media person but that's a great suggestion actually. I'll look more into it and maybe work with actual 2025 students to choose the best platform for the class members' needs. We'll definitely need some feedback from upperclassmen for that.

Upperclassmen always join the TAMCOD FB groups and will give advice/tips in due time and these fundraisers only happen like twice a year lol, if you’re annoyed with these two or three posts now you will be miserable checking your email while in school
Someone really needs to teach the older faculty members the difference between reply and reply all!

Do you guys think they will send second round of acceptances Monday morning?

• Hmm
I contacted them and they said they would try to send it by the end of February.
Their portal said mid February, now it moved to end of February. Wow !!!

I don’t understand why it takes so long, I believe, they finished their interviews.

• Wow
So they're officially done with interviews? Has anyone gotten an invite for an interview within the past 2 weeks?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Just got a rejection email without interview. OOS so I was expecting it.

Houston sent out their second round early February...I don’t know, what’s causing the delay at Texas A&M.

• Wow
Does anyone know how big this class is going to be? With the new clinic just opening, I am wondering if they are going to increase enrollment this year.

• Hmm
Y'all think we'll hear back by the end of this coming week?

Y'all think we'll hear back by the end of this coming week?
I hope so; at this point, I am so tired, either way is fine, want to get it over with it.

Has anyone heard anything? I thought they were supposed to send it by the end of February?

• Hmm
Has anyone heard anything? I thought they were supposed to send it by the end of February?
My classmate and I haven't heard anything yet. We both interviewed during the same week. I'm hoping they send acceptances soon.

My classmate and I haven't heard anything yet. We both interviewed during the same week. I'm hoping they send acceptances soon.
Do you know of anybody from UNT Med-Sci program getting offer from TAMU this cycle?

Nah nobody has heard anything yet after the post-Dec. interviews
I sent an e-mail querying about the status of open positions, Following is the response:

"We do have a few open positions for our Fall 2021 class. More offers will probably not be sent out until late Spring (maybe very late April or even May)."

Looks like most of the positions are filled; only few left; may be those are declines from previous offers made to students. I am so disappointed.

I sent an e-mail querying about the status of open positions, Following is the response:

"We do have a few open positions for our Fall 2021 class. More offers will probably not be sent out until late Spring (maybe very late April or even May)."

Looks like most of the positions are filled; only few left; may be those are declines from previous offers made to students. I am so disappointed.
So did they send out a group of invites recently, "second round," that we just didn't see on this site?

• Hmm
Some members who aren't part of the 2025 class have turned the page into a cesspool of fundraisers. I hope mods try to limit how many of these ads are allowed for a certain period of time.
It's actually tradition that current students post their fundraisers into the FB page in order to allow the incoming class to stock up on all the merch they want! If you have any questions or want specific information, feel free to ask! Current students are there to answer any and all questions.

So did they send out a group of invites recently, "second round," that we just didn't see on this site?
I guess, people who got in the second round... didn’t care to post it here.

• Sad
College junior here! Is it okay if I ask one of y'all who's been accepted to share your stats? It'd help so much giving me perspective. I'm currently sitting at a sub 3.5 gpa at the moment.

Thank you! I know the sGPA is what really matters, which is the GPA that I have that's below 3.5. My overall GPA is closer to 3.7. Without going off topic on this thread any further, good luck to every one! You've all worked very hard.
It's good to show an upward trend with your GPA, so make sure you ace your science classes from here on out! I used to be a student ambassador for the school and they definitely want to see your grades going up rather than down. Good luck!!!

Just heard from Dr. Miller just now that they are done sending interview invites this cycle and are working on filling the rest of the class. Also for those that are applying/reapplying next cycle, taking higher level courses is better than bumping up that DAT score (assuming you have a competitive enough score). They have a rubric when looking at applicants and she said that you don't lose any points when you have an AA of at least 20. You don't gain anymore points with an AA higher than a 20 either. With a GPA of 3.6 or better you don't lose any points on their rubric.

Last edited:
Just heard from Dr. Miller just now that they are done sending interview invites this cycle and are working on filling the rest of the class. Also for those that are applying/reapplying next cycle, taking higher level courses is better than bumping up that DAT score (assuming you have a competitive enough score). They have a rubric when looking at applicants and she said that you don't lose any points when you have an AA of at least 20. You don't gain anymore points with an AA higher than a 20 either. With a GPA of 3.6 or better you don't lose any points on their rubric.
So did they actually send a 2nd wave out or have they been silent since Dec 15th?

• Hmm
That’s funny there’s a rubric? When I interviewed I remember seeing a piece of paper with my GPA and the numeric ranking I had out of the applicants based specifically on the cGPA.