Texas A&M Pharmacy C/O 2019 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Here's a sample of a P1 schedule. Professors, times and locations of each course might vary, of course.
Do you have the one for Kingsville Campus

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have the one for Kingsville Campus

That schedule is for both kingsville and college station. The pharmacy school has to do everything (financial aid, courses, etc.) through the name of the A&M college station campus because ILRCOP is affiliated with A&M college station and not A&M kingsville.

Classes will take place at the exact same time for both campuses live through the video board that you should have been told about at your interviews. There are professors who teach at college station while kingsville students have to watch the live streaming, and vice versa. Most courses, however, are taught at kingsville.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you decided on tech?
I'm still deciding between UH and Tech but most likely Tech when all is said and done. I got into the Tech PharmD/MBA program so while Houston is my hometown, it will be tough to turn down Texas Tech's offer. What about you? Are you going to attend A&M?

Reactions: 1 users
I'm still deciding between UH and Tech but most likely Tech when all is said and done. I got into the Tech PharmD/MBA program so while Houston is my hometown, it will be tough to turn down Texas Tech's offer. What about you? Are you going to attend A&M?
Well, there is high chance of me not going to A&M. There is a highest chance I will go to tech. I want to do the MBA thing at tech. Must you have a high PCAT score to do it? I don't know if they will allow me to do it in my P2 year at tech. but tech is where I will go most likely.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey Y'all,
After much thought I have decided to decline my offer for A&M. I had a seat in the College Station location. I recently graduated from A&M and I enjoyed all my undergraduate time there. However, I have decided that I want to go on a new adventure for Pharmacy School. It was a difficult decision, but I did not want to take a seat from someone that truly wants to be in College Station. I know how high in demand that location is. So whoever ends up with my seat, enjoy your time at one of the greatest schools in the nation. Becoming an Aggie will be one of the best decisions of your life.
Thanks and Gig'em
P.G '14
Where have you chosen to go?

Well, there is high chance of me not going to A&M. There is a highest chance I will go to tech. I want to do the MBA thing at tech. Must you have a high PCAT score to do it? I don't know if they will allow me to do it in my P2 year at tech. but tech is where I will go most likely.
From what I was told you do need an overall high PCAT score but they focus mainly on the verbal, reading comprehesion, and writing scores. If you didn't apply this year, you can still apply next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, out of respect I don't want to hijack this thread which is mainly for A&M so if you want to get more information about the program feel free to message me. :)

I interviewed on the 29th and haven't heard a peep from A&M. :|

I also interviewed on 29th, and still no heard anything. :( and this is my top choice.

Hey just so you guys know I got an update via email

Admission decision letters have been sent to applicants based on their interview ranking. Admission candidates on the waitlist may receive an admission offer during the period of March 2015 through end of July 2015. Offers of admission are extended to admission candidates on the waitlist based on their interview ranking and only when a waitlist position opens

It seems that we might be on a waitlist but have not been informed of so. TAMU is my top choice and only choice.

Hey just so you guys know I got an update via email

Admission decision letters have been sent to applicants based on their interview ranking. Admission candidates on the waitlist may receive an admission offer during the period of March 2015 through end of July 2015. Offers of admission are extended to admission candidates on the waitlist based on their interview ranking and only when a waitlist position opens

It seems that we might be on a waitlist but have not been informed of so. TAMU is my top choice and only choice.
You are always able to call the school, and they will let you know if you are on the waitlist or not. However, they probably won't tell you your position on the waitlist. Also, did you not apply anywhere else?

Unfortunately, I just declined my offer. What a hard decision I just made. A&M is an honest and a good school. I hope this opens up a position for others.

Hi guys, do you all have a student ID to log into your howdy portal if you are not a former student?

You are always able to call the school, and they will let you know if you are on the waitlist or not. However, they probably won't tell you your position on the waitlist. Also, did you not apply anywhere else?

So, I shouldn't ask where I am on the waiting list. Most schools have ranking.

Yeah schools won't tell you what position your in no matter how many times or in what way you ask.

Can anyone confirm that May 29th is the pre-orientation date? or June 5th as last year? I need to book flight tickets for the summer.

Can anyone confirm that May 29th is the pre-orientation date? or June 5th as last year? I need to book flight tickets for the summer.
Just call the school itself and they'll confirm the date for you. When Dr Sawyer called me he mentioned that it would be May 29th, but that we'd get more details about it as the date approaches. The best source for your answer would be the school. Good luck!

Hey everyone, I was recently accepted and one of the admission forms requires a Hep B Quantitative Titer. Anyone know what it is and how/where I can get it? Thanks in advance.

Its a lab test that shows the concentration of hep b antibodies in your blood... You can get it at any lab and may need a order from the doctor. I know i did.

No problem and congrats on getting accepted! What campus did you get?

Has anyone got any response from TAMU Financial Aid yet?

I was told that we can watch the video online w/o attending the pre-orientation.

I was told that we can watch the video online w/o attending the pre-orientation.

Told during Interview? I do not think I could make it to the Kingsville campus on May 29th. What's the pre-orientation about?