Texas dental schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

madchemist2006

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, does anybody knows how the texas dental schools deal with out-of-state applicants? more precisely U. of houston and san anton. They probably accept mostly in-state huh? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

They will accept mostly in state, around 8% or so, unless your state doesn't have a dental program, then they'll be more likely to consider you. I'd say apply anyway. It'll just increase your chances.

madchemist2006 said:
Hey, does anybody knows how the texas dental schools deal with out-of-state applicants? more precisely U. of houston and san anton. They probably accept mostly in-state huh? Thanks

We string 'em up from the nearest tree :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
madchemist2006 said:

Very few out-of-state students get in to Texas schools. Search past threads and you'll probably find hard numbers for the past few years. When I was interviewing, the majority of out-of-state students that were actually BEING INTERVIEWED seemed to be from Utah. Maybe a few from Arkansas since they don't have a dental school.

I think around 90% of seats go to Texas residents.

If you have awesome stats then you might have a chance.

When I interviewed, I don't think I met a single person that was out of state. The weird thing was that it seemed like everyone was of a different ethnicity though :)

FCIllini said:
Very few out-of-state students get in to Texas schools. Search past threads and you'll probably find hard numbers for the past few years. When I was interviewing, the majority of out-of-state students that were actually BEING INTERVIEWED seemed to be from Utah. Maybe a few from Arkansas since they don't have a dental school.

We have like 5 people from Utah and a couple from Ark in our class at Baylor.....something about Utah? and they are really smart too, damn those Utes j/k