This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if Tech, Angelo State or UMHB are still conducting interviews?
Angelo State has two weekends of interviews, and they pull from those. Those interviews happened Q3 2019. They have been known to extend late offers to those on wait lists as late as January and February.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, congrats to all those who have been accepted, we've accomplished something great. To those who are waiting to hear back, remember that you can hear back as late as the week before classes start, so don't lose hope. I'm currently deciding between UTEP and Texas Tech. To those who have decided on either of those schools, can you please explain why you chose that school over others. Thanks!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an offer for UT health today at 2:20pm and it says the deadline to pay the $450 fee was today at 5pm and I missed it due to being at work... does anyone know if that date was only for the people who were initially offered a spot? I find it odd that they’d only give me two and a half hours to pay the deposit
 
I got an offer for UT health today at 2:20pm and it says the deadline to pay the $450 fee was today at 5pm and I missed it due to being at work... does anyone know if that date was only for the people who were initially offered a spot? I find it odd that they’d only give me two and a half hours to pay the deposit
Try to call the school asap, like now just to be on the safe side
 
Got accepted at UTEP on Monday and sent my email accepting my spot Tuesday and haven’t heard back from them at all.. quite concerning. Ended up getting off UTHSCSA’s waitlist Wednesday and accepted my spot there so I will be forfeiting my spot at UTEP, even though they haven’t responded to my initial email, which is weird.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got denied from UTEP. I am waitlisted at one school, and I'm not even in the top half of the waitlist. I don't know what to do anymore.

I know this is not what you want to hear right now, but remember that this is not the end of the world. You can always work for a year and save up money that you can use towards pt school if you start next year. However, you said you’re still on a waitlist, Which is a good sign, so don’t give up just yet. People fall out and make decisions very late in the year so you still have a shot! Stay positive in this tough time.
 
UTEP folks, keep your head up. No news is good news in these grueling waiting periods. If you haven't gotten a follow-up and you haven't gotten denied, you're still in this.

23s, I can't compare this program to any other, because duh, but I don't look back at passing up the name brand schools I got into. I'm very happy to be here and am happy to meet all of you. You'll love the faculty and El Paso has its charm. If you're in south Texas, eat up your Mexican food. El Paso Mexican food is...different. I'm talking nacho cheese on eggs different. A lot of good, but the tacos are trash across the board. </rant>
 
UTEP folks, keep your head up. No news is good news in these grueling waiting periods. If you haven't gotten a follow-up and you haven't gotten denied, you're still in this.

23s, I can't compare this program to any other, because duh, but I don't look back at passing up the name brand schools I got into. I'm very happy to be here and am happy to meet all of you. You'll love the faculty and El Paso has its charm. If you're in south Texas, eat up your Mexican food. El Paso Mexican food is...different. I'm talking nacho cheese on eggs different. A lot of good, but the tacos are trash across the board. </rant>
LOOOL, you must be eating at the wrong restaurants if you think our tacos are trash....