Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hope not - and I doubt it very much.heyimnick said:Is it safe to say that if we haven't received an invite from UT-H or UTMB, and we were processed early, that we probably won't get one?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I hope not - and I doubt it very much.heyimnick said:Is it safe to say that if we haven't received an invite from UT-H or UTMB, and we were processed early, that we probably won't get one?
I gotta tell ya, Ana, that Vin Diesel's big, fat head is beginning to disturb me ever so slightly...Anastasis said:I hope not - and I doubt it very much.
lol - would you like me to find a smaller avatar? Because Vin isn't going anywhere but I will make him smaller.AngryBaby said:I gotta tell ya, Ana, that Vin Diesel's big, fat head is beginning to disturb me ever so slightly...
Yeah I think it's the bigness causing the issueAnastasis said:lol - would you like me to find a smaller avatar? Because Vin isn't going anywhere but I will make him smaller.

That better? 😀AngryBaby said:Yeah I think it's the bigness causing the issue![]()
Anastasis said:That better? 😀
I know their website says they take bilingual ability into consideration but I doubt it is a requirement.hermit said:This looks like a captive Texas audience so let me ask you guys...
Is speaking Spanish an unwritten requirement for a competitive UTHSCSA applicant? I came across this the other day and would like your opinions. Thanks!
hermit said:This looks like a captive Texas audience so let me ask you guys...
Is speaking Spanish an unwritten requirement for a competitive UTHSCSA applicant? I came across this the other day and would like your opinions. Thanks!
Anastasis said:Awww no galveston for me. Dang it! I really like that school!!
Good luck everyone! (dancer - might be hanging around after our UT-H interview, want to go to Kema the night after interviews?)
Pemberley said:You're still one up on me, Ana! And, at the risk of being struck by lightning, I've gotta say: the most recent avatar of VD actually makes him look ugly. 😛
Okay - better?Anastasis said:Okay - better?
Anastatsis - you need to fix your "custom user title" - you've certainly supplied more than 10 userful posts. At the very least because I now know who Vin Diesel is. (Yes, I know - that is pathetic to admit - but I don't watch movies unless they include annoying talking fish! We're on Finding Nemo for the third time this week.... ARGHH!)Anastasis said:Okay - better?

Changed, sweetheart, just for you! Though not as funny now, I think. 😀runningmom said:Anastatsis - you need to fix your "custom user title" - you've certainly supplied more than 10 userful posts. At the very least because I now know who Vin Diesel is. (Yes, I know - that is pathetic to admit - but I don't watch movies unless they include annoying talking fish! We're on Finding Nemo for the third time this week.... ARGHH!)![]()
Anastasis said:Changed, sweetheart, just for you! Though not as funny now, I think. 😀
You poor poor person both for having to watch movies repeatedly but also because you didn't know who Vin was. 😍

Anastasis said:Awww no galveston for me. Dang it! I really like that school!!
Good luck everyone! (dancer - might be hanging around after our UT-H interview, want to go to Kema the night after interviews?)
txfisher said:I heard from tcom by phone today, and they are starting interviews on the 25th of this month! (I didn't get that date though)

lilTXcatMD said:txfisher -- did TCOM say anything about sending out an email or is it just by phone to reserve an interview date?
txfisher said:They called, asked which date I could go, and then said they would email me with the details this week.
I think UT-H usually has more dates. Call them and see if you reschedule, otherwise I know UTMB will reschedule (didn't they move runningmom's interview?)AggieJohn said:Hmm... Well, I was really happy to check my email today and find an invitation for an interview at UT Houston... unfortunately its August 4th, the same day as my UTMB interview.
If I call UT Houston, will I be able to reschedule? I'm not really sure what to do in this situation.
That sucks that it is so late 🙁 Sorry about that.AggieJohn said:Ok well I called and rescheduled UTMB for December 1st. Ugh =/ I hate that its so late, especially with rolling admissions but its what the Pre Med Advisor at A&M suggested doing.
I got emails from them last week that they had my Cert. Page/Fee and LORs (separate emails for each,) but other than that, I haven't heard anything from them....Anastasis said:That sucks that it is so late 🙁 Sorry about that.
Anyone have any idea when we'll hear from TAMU?

AggieJohn said:Ok well I called and rescheduled UTMB for December 1st. Ugh =/ I hate that its so late, especially with rolling admissions but its what the Pre Med Advisor at A&M suggested doing.
Was UT-H willing to reschedule your interview?AggieJohn said:Ok well I called and rescheduled UTMB for December 1st. Ugh =/ I hate that its so late, especially with rolling admissions but its what the Pre Med Advisor at A&M suggested doing.
My Pre Med advisor said UT-H was even worse than UTMB in regards to rescheduling. She said I would probably get an interview sometime in January and so UTMB would be the best one to try first.jota_jota said:Was UT-H willing to reschedule your interview?
jota_jota said:I got emails from them last week that they had my Cert. Page/Fee and LORs (separate emails for each,) but other than that, I haven't heard anything from them....
That's total ass. I KNOW that they have more interview dates than that.AggieJohn said:My Pre Med advisor said UT-H was even worse than UTMB in regards to rescheduling. She said I would probably get an interview sometime in January and so UTMB would be the best one to try first.
<shrug> I sent mine in the Thurs/Fri before the 4th of July weekend, so my turnaround was pretty quick. I'd probably give it until next week. I'm sure they have it.AggieJohn said:Hmm, I got an email about my LOR's but nothing about Cert Page/Fee... hmm, I paid by check and sent it in about 2 weeks ago. Maybe they are waiting for the check to go through.
jota_jota said:<shrug> I sent mine in the Thurs/Fri before the 4th of July weekend, so my turnaround was pretty quick. I'd probably give it until next week. I'm sure they have it.
On a related note, has Tech acknowledged receipt of anyone's LORs?
Beadle said:I heard from Tech today....maybe I'm always first on here cause my last name starts with a 'B'? who knows!
Weird thing though....I could see two other students email addresses in the "To:" field, which you wouldn't expect from emails like this.
Beadle said:They gave me 3 interview dates to choose from. Two in Lubbock, one in El Paso. The earliest date conflicts with UTMB (Aug.4), so I will go either the 9th or the 11th 🙂


Anastasis said:I noticed someone on mdapps has a 8/11 interview at UTMB - have they sent out another round of invites?![]()
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.