Texas PostBacc's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DecisionsOPlenty

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Ya'll!

So I created a thread not too long ago before I graduated and got some excellent advice, so now that I've graduated, I'm in a position to pursue it this upcoming Fall. My current dilemma is that because I "waffled" a bit between nursing and becoming a doctor in my undergrad years, I'm lacking the hard science courses that come one after another which means I have 4ish semester ahead of one after another courses, but little else.

Currently, my options stand as the following -
a) Start a DIY Post-Bacc and be done with necessary courses in the Fall of 2023
or
b) Start a Formal Post-Bacc (the issue here is many of the one's I have looked at require med pre-reqs before joining which is not what I need)

In terms of funding, I'm kind of limited. I only have ~8k in loans after my B.S, but now I'm classified as a Non-Degree Seeking Student when I try to get more courses done (meaning I'm ineligible for a lot of government loans). My parents aren't able to help as they have my 3 younger sibling to think of and they are looking at moving out of country for retirement in the next couple years. So in terms of money, I can do private loans (which I've tried my best to avoid) and what I can personally make while in college.

Any advice on how to proceed would really be appreciated! I'm just kinda confused and trying to make sense of the process to be honest and someone who has been there and has some advice would be a godsend right about now :)

Edit: Just thought I'd add the courses I think I still need in case that helps anyone in their recommendations
1 year of Gen Chem
1 year of O Chem
1 Semester of Biochem
1 Year of Physics
1 Year of Calc (I took stats but some programs I've looked at require calc instead)

I have English and Biology done, and since I'm a Psych Major, my courses for my major should cover any of the programs that ask for Psych classes.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: