Texas PT School Apps 2015-2016 (PTCAS/non-PTCAS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, anyone who has been accepted and is planning to attend TTUHSC in the summer, there is now a fb page: TTUHSC DPT Class of 2019:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1724299834473506/"

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't seen a lot of activity regarding UNT on these forums :/

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from out of state too, so I thought I'd be at a slight disadvantage so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Interview is tomorrow, I'll let ya'll know how many people are there.

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone offer insight into Texas Tech Amarillo Campus? I interviewed at Lubbock but got offered a spot in Amarillo. Only have 10 days to accept which isnt long enough to schedule a visit first

Only about 20 people at the interview for UNT and there's only one more interview date.

Only about 20 people at the interview for UNT and there's only one more interview date.

I just got an interview to UNT for the 12th. Can you tell the how the interview is structured? Thanks

I just got an interview to UNT for the 12th. Can you tell the how the interview is structured? Thanks

You interview with a professor and a current student. It wasn't high strung or anything, in fact, it probably was my favorite interview. It's just basic questions that every school asks. If anything, I would just read over UNT's information on their website to be prepared. After that, there's a school tour along with a student and faculty panel.

You interview with a professor and a current student. It wasn't high strung or anything, in fact, it probably was my favorite interview. It's just basic questions that every school asks. If anything, I would just read over UNT's information on their website to be prepared. After that, there's a school tour along with a student and faculty panel.
Thank you for the info. I also have to ask do they ask you questions about like apta or current health issues PTs face today or any questions you should read up on?

Thank you for the info. I also have to ask do they ask you questions about like apta or current health issues PTs face today or any questions you should read up on?

Yea definitely look those up, and how it specifically affects Texas (e.g. direct access).

Members don't see this ad :)
when is the last interview date? I have yet to hear back from them.

How'd the interview go? And how many people were there?
I was also at the UNT interview yesterday! There were about 20 people from what I counted.

How'd the interview go? And how many people were there?
The interview was very relaxed. The faculty is really nice and the fact that there was a student in the room during the interview was comforting.

How did your interview go. Did they stump you on any questions?
No I can't say there were any questions that stumped me. It was one of the more relaxing interviews I have had. I felt like it went pretty well overall.

No I can't say there were any questions that stumped me. It was one of the more relaxing interviews I have had. I felt like it went pretty well overall.
Yea it was very relaxing. Who interviewed you?

Hey all, has anyone had an interview for UIW yet? I got an invite for March, but supposedly there's a test the day of and you have to prepare for given scenarios?

Hey all, has anyone had an interview for UIW yet? I got an invite for March, but supposedly there's a test the day of and you have to prepare for given scenarios?
I have an interview in March as well and don't know what to expect.

UNT has one more interview session in March.

How'd you hear about it?
I got an email from them on Thursday asking to call them to schedule an interview. She mentioned that it was the last session too, although there could possibly be another one between now and then.

I saw someone on the sticky thread that has already been accepted from the 1/29 UNT interview. Has anyone else been contacted?

Last edited:
I saw someone on the sticky thread that has already been accepted from the 1/29 interview. Has anyone else been
I saw someone on the sticky thread that has already been accepted from the 1/29 interview. Has anyone else been contacted?

I interviewed at UNTHSC on Feb 12th also. I DO NOT feel good about my interview at all. I am super worried about it. Everyone kept saying how laid back and relaxed it would be but it felt super stiff and awkward for me. The student was sort of intimidating and didn't really give me any verbal or non verbal feedback whatsoever. I haven't heard anything back yet.

I interviewed at UNTHSC on Feb 12th also. I DO NOT feel good about my interview at all. I am super worried about it. Everyone kept saying how laid back and relaxed it would be but it felt super stiff and awkward for me. The student was sort of intimidating and didn't really give me any verbal or non verbal feedback whatsoever. I haven't heard anything back yet.
Who did you interview with if you don't mind me asking?

Just found out I've been accepted to UNT!!!!!!

Just found out I've been accepted to UNT!!!!!!
Me too! I couldn't believe it. Are you accepting? I REALLY liked the school when we toured it. That's why I have been so worried about not getting in!

Are ya'll accepting?
Yes I plan on accepting. However, I am on the waitlist at Hardin-Simmons, UTSW, and Texas State, so I guess it is not completely set in stone (but more than likely UNT is where I will be going).

I interviewed with them back in January. There is a test and there are scenario questions but they're honestly not that bad at all! You spend about an hour with 6 different professors where they each conduct 10 minute interviews with you asking various questions about academics and scenarios (in both clinical and professional setting). Then you'll get the chance to interview with current students and tour the campus.
Hope this helps!

I interviewed with them back in January. There is a test and there are scenario questions but they're honestly not that bad at all! You spend about an hour with 6 different professors where they each conduct 10 minute interviews with you asking various questions about academics and scenarios (in both clinical and professional setting). Then you'll get the chance to interview with current students and tour the campus.
Hope this helps!
Thanks for the help! Hopefully it really isn't too bad, it's the school closest to family.

HEY GUYS! So.....FOR ANYONE WHO HAS APPLIED OR ARE PLANNING TO APPLY FOR SAN ANTONIO'S UIW DPT PROGRAM:

I was wondering -- given the PTCAS questions given, are each of these a separate one or two page essay, or are the admissions representatives only looking for a short-answer paragraph? I would really like to know -- thank you!

University of the Incarnate Word

• How did you hear about the University of the Incarnate Word (UIW) Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Program?

• What actions have you taken or experiences have you had that demonstrate your interest in physical therapy?

• What is your personal understanding of a Problem-Based Learning curriculum and how it differs from what you may have experienced thus far in your academic life?

• What areas of personal growth would you like to develop as you pursue your professional doctorate?

• What will make you a successful candidate for this program?

• How do you plan to finance your education?

Hi shihauld!

Not a problem.
My stats were as follows:

B.S (Major in Health Science/Minor in Psych) at Sam Houston State University
Overall gpa: 3.8
Pre-req gpa: I think around a 3.5/3.6
GRE: 152V 156Q 5.0AW
400hours observation (between outpatient ortho and inpatient rehab)

Extra-Curric: NCAA Div 1 Tennis player for 4 years. Participated in on campus health promotion events, and organised/participated in several off campus promotion/charity events. International student.

Interviewed at TTUHSC: 9/26.
Acceptance letter received: 10/14

Hope this helps!

Hi! I just read your post on a Texas School Thread about getting into TTUHSC! know it's a little bit late and you probably finished your second year DPT, but I hope you still come to this forum! I'm going to Sam as well, I'm also a health science major, and I'm an international student! Just would love to talk with you if you have tips, advices, as well as scholarship opportunity to be eligible to pay in-state tuition! I'm looking at Texas State as my first choice

I called TWU today to ask about my application and they told me I didn't even place on the alternate list because my science GPA was too low. Just got an acceptance letter from UTMB though!!
hello, i know im like a year late but im just curious what your science GPA was?

Hey guys,

I'm a current first year at TTUHSC. Let me know if you have any questions about the program or app process! Good luck! :)

I just finished applying there. I have a 3.78 GPA on the pre-reqs and around a 3.8 for last 60. I have over 500 hours in different settings but my GRE Scores are what I think might kill me. 150 quant, 144 verbal, 3 writing. I'm involved in a lot of extra curriculars and have a PT tech job at the Txst campus and I also teach an a&p lab. What do y'all think?

And how is the whole learning thru a multimedia system?

Thanks ***! I am interviewing at the Amarillo campus!