Texas Public Health Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmjeff

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have advice on UNT Health Science Center-Fort Worth or UT-Dallas Regional Campus for MPH epidemiology?

I was also accepted to Texas A&M Health Science Center, but I'm keen on living in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Does anybody have advice on UNT Health Science Center-Fort Worth or UT-Dallas Regional Campus for MPH epidemiology?

I was also accepted to Texas A&M Health Science Center, but I'm keen on living in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated! :)

FYI - The regional campus in Dallas only offers the "general" MPH so they do not offer an MPH in Epi, HPM, Community Health, etc. They do however offer a PhD in Epi

Thanks for your advice! I heard that UT-Dallas Regional Campus recently started a MPH with concentrations (limited). But one thing that I'm concerned with a UT regional campus is the iTV courses (from the Houston campus on a projector screen). Today, I had a lecture done through that and it was difficult to pay attention and it's definitely not the same as face-to-face lectures.

Anybody else who attended or has feedback about UNT Health Science Center or a UT regional campus? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your advice! I heard that UT-Dallas Regional Campus recently started a MPH with concentrations (limited). But one thing that I'm concerned with a UT regional campus is the iTV courses (from the Houston campus on a projector screen). Today, I had a lecture done through that and it was difficult to pay attention and it's definitely not the same as face-to-face lectures.

Anybody else who attended or has feedback about UNT Health Science Center or a UT regional campus? :)

I didn't end up applying to UNT but I did speak with the department chair of the epidemiology department and I got the impression that it is a growing program with lots of potential. The professors all seem very approachable and he mentioned that several students had won awards for research they had presented at conferences. hope this helps!

Thanks! I spoke with the department too and got the same feeling. I'm very interested in geospatial information science (GIS) and combining that with epidemiology, and they informed me of an emerging lab with GIS technology for that.

I'll be attending the UT Health Dallas regional campus starting in 2011 and I can tell you that they do have more than just a general MPH now. I was accepted into the Epi concentration.

My friend is finishing up her first year and she very much enjoys the program and the UT Southwestern campus. :thumbup: