Texas school acceptance with 3.2 gpa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Has anyone ever been accepted by a Texas school with a 3.2 gpa? Trying to weight my chances

Members don't see this ad.

I applied with a cGPA of 3.2 and was accepted to UIW off the waitlist. This was only an option because I am from SA and I live at home rent free.
I was planning to retake courses and reapply to public schools the next year, but I decided to start at UIW and not lose a year (and risk not getting accepted to any public schools despite retaking multiple classes). Texas is incredibly competitive, you might be able to offset a lower GPA with a spectacular GRE, observation hours, and letters of recommendation, but most schools advertise a 3.00 minimum GPA when in fact they fill their roster with students with much higher GPAs.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got into Tech with a 3.24 cGPA, just make sure all the other areas of your app are strong

I got into Tech with a 3.24 cGPA, just make sure all the other areas of your app are strong
Do you remember when you got an interview? I am getting worried! I have a 3.3 but the rest of my app is very strong

I got an interview really late, I believe it was the week before Thanksgiving. I found about that I was accepted 5ish weeks later.