General Admissions & OTCAS Texas schools 2020-2021 stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Thank you for giving your insight!! I also love how UTMB has more fieldwork too!
I know that TWU has a lot of fieldwork oppoturntineis especially since they are downtown in the med center. I heard they have bigger variety of fieldwork opportunities if that's something that can help you decide!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a thought/idea I want some opinions on...
So in my UTMB interview I talked for a while with my interviewer about my undergraduate thesis (I did a lit review and started the first steps of creating a training to address issues between first responders and individuals with autism). She seemed really interested in it, we talked about it theoretically being a great capstone project, etc. If the interviews were in person, I would have brought a hard copy to give to them. Since they were virtual, I didn’t really get that opportunity. Would it be weird to send it in an email at this point? Or do you think it would be bothersome...?
 
I have a thought/idea I want some opinions on...
So in my UTMB interview I talked for a while with my interviewer about my undergraduate thesis (I did a lit review and started the first steps of creating a training to address issues between first responders and individuals with autism). She seemed really interested in it, we talked about it theoretically being a great capstone project, etc. If the interviews were in person, I would have brought a hard copy to give to them. Since they were virtual, I didn’t really get that opportunity. Would it be weird to send it in an email at this point? Or do you think it would be bothersome...?
I feel like since the waitlist is already solidified that it wouldn't really change much? but I guess you can always send it as a follow up!
 
I know that TWU has a lot of fieldwork oppoturntineis especially since they are downtown in the med center. I heard they have bigger variety of fieldwork opportunities if that's something that can help you decide!
I should have clarified, I meant that I know UTMB has one week fieldworks starting the second semester on top of the normal 12 week one!! I am unsure if TWU has that as well since it was never mentioned but if they do, that would be awesome as well!
 
Has anyone been accepted off of the TWU Dallas waitlist recently?
I was taken off the wait list last Friday, 1/15, and they gave us until this Friday, 1/22, at noon to give them our decision, so I would expect a second wave of acceptances from the waitlist tomorrow afternoon/evening. I'm not sure though.
 
I was taken off the wait list last Friday, 1/15, and they gave us until this Friday, 1/22, at noon to give them our decision, so I would expect a second wave of acceptances from the waitlist tomorrow afternoon/evening. I'm not sure though.
Congrats! I am hoping to either get in off the waitlist there or get into TTU! Have you decided what school you will go to?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi!! So I have officially decided to attend TWU Denton in the fall and I was wondering if anyone else will be attending there and/or if there is an FB group already made?
 
I should have clarified, I meant that I know UTMB has one week fieldworks starting the second semester on top of the normal 12 week one!! I am unsure if TWU has that as well since it was never mentioned but if they do, that would be awesome as well!
they do! they start fieldwork 1 each semester in conjunction with the regular classes. I think they may even start their fieldwork earlier than utmb? but I am not 100% sure.
 
they do! they start fieldwork 1 each semester in conjunction with the regular classes. I think they may even start their fieldwork earlier than utmb? but I am not 100% sure.
Oh yay, that makes me so happy to hear!! I never saw that in the program curriculum or heard them talk about it!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone apply to ACU and know when we might hear back on a decision? I remember seeing on the website late January, but I can’t find that anymore
 
Did anyone apply to ACU and know when we might hear back on a decision? I remember seeing on the website late January, but I can’t find that anymore
I am wondering the same thing. I was talking to someone from graduate admissions about an hour ago and I asked them. I had no idea they don't do interviews. Ill let you know when they reply to me. Have you been getting phone calls and text messages from them?
 
I am wondering the same thing. I was talking to someone from graduate admissions about an hour ago and I asked them. I had no idea they don't do interviews. Ill let you know when they reply to me. Have you been getting phone calls and text messages from them?
Yeah I was! But I recently had to delete everything on my phone so I don’t have anything anymore to text them! I looked to ask one of the numbers before posting. Thank you! Please let me know if they respond to you!
 
Yeah I was! But I recently had to delete everything on my phone so I don’t have anything anymore to text them! I looked to ask one of the numbers before posting. Thank you! Please let me know if they respond to you!
They said decisions are going out now until around April.
 
Hi for those who are attending TWU Dallas are y’all interesting in creating a GroupMe or something of that sort? If so, message me!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard back from TWU Dallas? Or any of the campuses?
I still haven’t heard back for TWU Denton. Wish we had a timeline of when we should be expecting something! I have a feeling it’s gonna be a while before we get some sort of determination though :/
 
Is there a GroupMe for TWU Denton? I saw you guys have one for Dallas, but I wanted to see if there’s any for the Denton cohort!