General Admissions & OTCAS Texas schools 2020-2021 stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So since I accepted ACU's MSOT invite, I have been stressing out because it's a masters degree. I read on their website that once I start the MOT program I can't switch over to the OTD program. I had no idea they were even in the process of getting a doctorate program or I would have applied. Do you guys think I could email them and ask if I could be considered for the OTD program? The thing is they only accept 8 students, but I don't want to get a Masters in OT and later regret it. What do you guys think?
I don’t think they’d allow you to switch over this cycle. I remember going to their zoom virtual open house and they said they only allow 8 people in their OTD program.
 
So since I accepted ACU's MSOT invite, I have been stressing out because it's a masters degree. I read on their website that once I start the MOT program I can't switch over to the OTD program. I had no idea they were even in the process of getting a doctorate program or I would have applied. Do you guys think I could email them and ask if I could be considered for the OTD program? The thing is they only accept 8 students, but I don't want to get a Masters in OT and later regret it. What do you guys think?
I went to a zoom info session for ACU and they said that you would have to apply for the OTD program on OTCAS. As far as a MOT vs. OTD, I’ve talked to people who have completed their masters and from what they said, even her professors, don’t think that a doctorate is necessary currently. But, if you want to take more of a research/teaching track vs. just being a practitioner then you should go OTD. If you’re unsure if you want to take that track, the the masters degree shouldn't hinder you from getting a job as it is still the entry level degree to be an OT
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If anyone makes one please let me know 😊
hi! i wasn’t sure how to go about it but i was wanting to make something for uthscsa otd! wasn’t sure if groupme or facebook page was better? i guess groupme has been more popular! just not sure how to go about it? i guess i can make a link and send it!
 
Do you guys wanna start a group me? I have been wanting to meet ppl that is gonna in the program
just made a link! didn’t know if it should be open or closed hahhaa but my friend who made a page for PA there made their fb page closed and people had to show they were accepted and going so i made a question to be able to enter? i couldn’t think of a good one to know for sure so let me know if you think of a different one after you see it!You're invited to my new group 'UTHSCSA OT class of 2024!' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe
 
I went to a zoom info session for ACU and they said that you would have to apply for the OTD program on OTCAS. As far as a MOT vs. OTD, I’ve talked to people who have completed their masters and from what they said, even her professors, don’t think that a doctorate is necessary currently. But, if you want to take more of a research/teaching track vs. just being a practitioner then you should go OTD. If you’re unsure if you want to take that track, the the masters degree shouldn't hinder you from getting a job as it is still the entry level degree to be an OT
Okay awesome! Thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so they specifically said " today 12/11 will be our last interview day?

They didn’t say anything like that to me, but if you still haven’t heard back from Texas Tech I think it would be best to reach out to them regarding your application status or you can even log in to the TTUHSC application portal to see if they have given you an update. Not only that but I do believe that they would be able to give you a more accurate answer than me or anyone else on this forum.

Here is the contact information for the individual who reached out to us to schedule an interview.

Cindy Arnold (TTUHSC Business Coordinator)

806-743-3240
[email protected]
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It just confirmed that you are on an”alternates
If you don’t mind me asking, what is a contingency contract? What did it say?
It said I was selected as an alternate. Then it had a list of the requirements with a yes or no is they have been completed. You had to sign it snd return it with in 10 business days.
 
It just confirmed that you are on an”alternates

It said I was selected as an alternate. Then it had a list of the requirements with a yes or no is they have been completed. You had to sign it snd return it with in 10 business days.
Oh wow, I’m confused. I got one via email and accepted through the application status page on my account online the same day. I did get a letter in the mail a week or so later, but there was nothing to sign or return. Did you accept via the physical form only? Did anyone else get it something to sign in the mail as well?
 
Oh wow, I’m confused. I got one via email and accepted through the application status page on my account online the same day. I did get a letter in the mail a week or so later, but there was nothing to sign or return. Did you accept via the physical form only? Did anyone else get it something to sign in the mail as well?
I signed through the application status. I don’t remember seeing one through the mail. Just the letter stating the alternate position
 
Oh wow, I’m confused. I got one via email and accepted through the application status page on my account online the same day. I did get a letter in the mail a week or so later, but there was nothing to sign or return. Did you accept via the physical form only? Did anyone else get it something to sign in the mail as well?
I did both.
 
Oh wow, I’m confused. I got one via email and accepted through the application status page on my account online the same day. I did get a letter in the mail a week or so later, but there was nothing to sign or return. Did you accept via the physical form only? Did anyone else get it something to sign in the mail as well?
I got a contingency form in the mail that I signed and emailed back today. You probably only get one if you are missing one or more of the requirements needed for admission
 
I got a contingency form in the mail that I signed and emailed back today. You probably only get one if you are missing one or more of the requirements needed for admission
I’m not missing any of my requirements, so I don’t think that’s the case. I’m not sure why they’ve sent some by email and some by email and mail. Maybe I’ll have to follow up with them, but it shows I’ve accepted the alternate position when I look online. It looks like someone else got theirs only through the email, so I’m hoping it’s fine!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh wow, I’m confused. I got one via email and accepted through the application status page on my account online the same day. I did get a letter in the mail a week or so later, but there was nothing to sign or return. Did you accept via the physical form only? Did anyone else get it something to sign in the mail as well?

I also got a letter in the mail, officially stating that I was placed as an alternate but I didn’t get a physical contingency form.