-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Texas Southern University C/O 2016
Started by mydream786
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone gotten an email from Ms.Davis letting us know when Summer Academy is supposed to begin?
Apparently, that's a secret like everything else 🙂
Apparently, that's a secret like everything else 🙂
She said it will be july 2. She started sending out letters this week
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone gotten an email from Ms.Davis letting us know when Summer Academy is supposed to begin?
Its july 2
Am I the only one who will be unable to attend summer academy due to prior commitments such as travel plans or family obligations??
same here. 🙁 I had to cancel my summer trip because of the Summer Academy. Wish TSU would have warned us earlier. Apparently, the schedule is not flexible.
same here. 🙁 I had to cancel my summer trip because of the Summer Academy. Wish TSU would have warned us earlier. Apparently, the schedule is not flexible.
I'm not attending summer academy. I have travel plans and prior engagements. I paid a deposit at another school which has no such summer academy. If they won't budge on the summer academy, I'll just accept the other offer of admission. Personally, I think something like this should be optional.
I think there shoud be a exception in yr case. I also have my sister's wedding on july 7 in KS, so hope they let me off for july 5,6.I'm not attending summer academy. I have travel plans and prior engagements. I paid a deposit at another school which has no such summer academy. If they won't budge on the summer academy, I'll just accept the other offer of admission. Personally, I think something like this should be optional.
My deposit got lost in the mail and I dont have a receipt from my money order. What am I supposed to do? I should have driven to school to give it to Ms. Davis myself. She said if she cannot find my mail then I have to wait for a committee review. I'm crossing my fingers...I hope they find my mail.
Has anyone heard of or experience a situation like mine? I'm very nervous right now.
Has anyone heard of or experience a situation like mine? I'm very nervous right now.
It happened to me too,My deposit got lost in the mail and I dont have a receipt from my money order. What am I supposed to do? I should have driven to school to give it to Ms. Davis myself. She said if she cannot find my mail then I have to wait for a committee review. I'm crossing my fingers...I hope they find my mail.
Has anyone heard of or experience a situation like mine? I'm very nervous right now.
If you live in Houston, then yes go to see her. You might want to check bf you go, if she wont get it still, then cancel the money order and replace for a new one and take it to her,.
I went there and ready to do so, but Ms. Davis helped me check with other dept, and they found it.
So I think yr situation is worse than mine that she checked but still didnt see it. I would come straight to her and ask if I could sign the letter again and give her another deposit instead before the deadline .
Hope it will work out for you. Do it asap and dont be panic! As long as you let them know that you accepted the offer bf they withdraw yr application. Ms. Davis is very nice, she will help you out as much as she can.
True. They should have started the Academy after July 4th. I have other plans as well. It is quite unbelievable that they could not plan a date and let us know in the acceptance letter.
Am I the only one who will be unable to attend summer academy due to prior commitments such as travel plans or family obligations??
She said it will be july 2. She started sending out letters this week
so they're sending out letters letting us know when summer academy dates are?? wow why not just email?? faster and eco friendly!! anyone know when it's supposed to end?
so they're sending out letters letting us know when summer academy dates are?? wow why not just email?? faster and eco friendly!! anyone know when it's supposed to end?
It's from July 2 to August 3.
She said if you have not received your acceptance letter by now, you are either waitlisted or outright rejection.Does anyone still receive any acceptance/alternative letter this week?
I have decided to start my plan B
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received acceptance in the mail today.😀 Dated April 18!
Weird! Lol
Me,too; but post stamp is may 18th.Received acceptance in the mail today.😀 Dated April 18!
Last edited:
Congratz!
can't wait to meet all of you! Does anyone live in apartments near TSU or medical center that can give me recommendations? I'm looking for something cheap and safe~
ttngu234--> I notice you have a UH logo avatar, did you apply to UH pharm school?
can't wait to meet all of you! Does anyone live in apartments near TSU or medical center that can give me recommendations? I'm looking for something cheap and safe~ttngu234--> I notice you have a UH logo avatar, did you apply to UH pharm school?
Last edited:
I am in like jail time 

.......leggo
ACCEPTED!! I went and submitted my deposit today. My interview was on 4/4, the letter itself was dated 4/18/12, but was post marked on 05/18/2012. I received my letter yesterday.
Just an update: Mrs. Davis told me today that Summer Academy is from July 9th through August 3rd, and that it would be Mon through Thur for a few hours in either the morning or midday. More info will be emailed to us at a later time.
Good luck to anyone who still hasn't received their letter. There are still a few days left in the week.
See y'all in Summer Academy! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!
Just an update: Mrs. Davis told me today that Summer Academy is from July 9th through August 3rd, and that it would be Mon through Thur for a few hours in either the morning or midday. More info will be emailed to us at a later time.
Good luck to anyone who still hasn't received their letter. There are still a few days left in the week.
See y'all in Summer Academy! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!
ACCEPTED!! I went and submitted my deposit today. My interview was on 4/4, the letter itself was dated 4/18/12, but was post marked on 05/18/2012. I received my letter yesterday.
Just an update: Mrs. Davis told me today that Summer Academy is from July 9th through August 3rd, and that it would be Mon through Thur for a few hours in either the morning or midday. More info will be emailed to us at a later time.
Good luck to anyone who still hasn't received their letter. There are still a few days left in the week.
See y'all in Summer Academy! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!
Congratulations!!! Now you can finally enjoy summer until July 9th 😛
Don't lose hope for those who haven't gotten their letter yet...still got until the day before summer academy starts for miracles to happen!! 🙂

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks! Now, I have to make sure my financial aid packet is processed and ready to go before school starts.... eeeek!
Thanks! Now, I have to make sure my financial aid packet is processed and ready to go before school starts.... eeeek!
Hey what financial packet are you referring to?
Did it come with the acceptance letter?
If I havnt gotten one how do I get one?
Thanks in advance!
You should also contact the financial aid department. They emailed me a few forms they needed me to complete before they could go any further with processing my aid. I'm sure they will be able to tell you if they need anything from you.
Congrats on your acceptance!!! Can't wait to see all of you at Summer Academy!
Congrats on your acceptance!!! Can't wait to see all of you at Summer Academy!
Would people who got accepted post their GPA and what not, thanks!
GPA: 3.56
PCAT: 70-ish...don't remember exact, but it was around 70
I got my acceptance letter during the first "wave" of letters that were sent out in late April (but postmarked April 18th).
There was no financial aid package provided. I did receive an email from the financial aid office requesting a form that was missing a couple of weeks ago, but haven't heard from them since.
Here's another question... TSU's Office of Admissions sent me an email stating that my transcripts were not received for undergraduate transfer. Does anyone know if I still need to send them this stuff even though I've already been accepted to their graduate program?? Kind of worried if I don't that it would interfere with my financial process. I'm confused.. I've tried calling and emailing and have had no response.
Here's another question... TSU's Office of Admissions sent me an email stating that my transcripts were not received for undergraduate transfer. Does anyone know if I still need to send them this stuff even though I've already been accepted to their graduate program?? Kind of worried if I don't that it would interfere with my financial process. I'm confused.. I've tried calling and emailing and have had no response.
There was no financial aid package provided. I did receive an email from the financial aid office requesting a form that was missing a couple of weeks ago, but haven't heard from them since.
Here's another question... TSU's Office of Admissions sent me an email stating that my transcripts were not received for undergraduate transfer. Does anyone know if I still need to send them this stuff even though I've already been accepted to their graduate program?? Kind of worried if I don't that it would interfere with my financial process. I'm confused.. I've tried calling and emailing and have had no response.
In short, the answer is yes.... you must send copies of all undergraduate transcripts to both TSU's college of pharmacy and the undergraduate admissions office. It obviously makes no sense, but you have no other choice. LOL
Has anyone received letter regarding summer academy yet?? I wonder if its an all day thing like 8-5p or just mornings?
Has anyone received letter regarding summer academy yet?? I wonder if its an all day thing like 8-5p or just mornings?
Mrs. Davis told me last week that summer academy is supposed to be only two to three hours long during the morning or around noon Monday through Friday.
In short, the answer is yes.... you must send copies of all undergraduate transcripts to both TSU's college of pharmacy and the undergraduate admissions office. It obviously makes no sense, but you have no other choice. LOL
Thanks for the info. It really makes no sense at all.
Hey, does anyone know or know someone who knows the general cost of tuition for TSUCOPHS?? Just out of curiosity...
http://em.tsu.edu/financialaid/cost.php
$11,722 (resident)
$18,412 (non-resident)
This was based off of 2010-11 though.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mrs. Davis told me last week that summer academy is supposed to be only two to three hours long during the morning or around noon Monday through Friday.
thanks, was worried cos i work 12-1030p. will have to go prn anywayz once school starts
http://em.tsu.edu/financialaid/cost.php
$11,722 (resident)
$18,412 (non-resident)
This was based off of 2010-11 though.
Thanks so much, I couldn't find that anywhere!
No acceptances since last week?
It's been really quiet the past week. Still keeping my fingers crossed for you and everyone else on this forum that haven't gotten their letter yet..

Hang in there! 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K
- Locked
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K