Texas Southern University C/O 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
wow they are still doing interviews?? It's May already.

no they are not interviewing. i interviewed april 25th and that was the last interview day they said.. The letters were probably sent out on may 7 thats why it says may 7 on the letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
they are still doing interviews? damnn.. i thought mine was the last interview day... atleast i was told that..

Guys do you know when they start sending out the rejection letters?:confused:

ACCEPTED! Dated May 7, postmarked May 9!!! Holy crap... after weeks of stalking the mailman! :D

Their mail system is awful. My letter was dated April 18th but I received it 2 weeks later lol

no they are not interviewing. i interviewed april 25th and that was the last interview day they said.. The letters were probably sent out on may 7 thats why it says may 7 on the letter.

No, my friend has an interview next week.

Congratulations Everyone. Wow you guys are just popping up everywhere now =D

This wait is starting to get to me. Still keeping my fingers crossed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mannnnn Its been March since my interview, still no word Looking pretty grimm.. It sucks because i know ill be a great pharmacist .. its not all about stats on a sheet there are qualities that can only be learn through experience, time, and life. well...... still keeping the faith hopefully something soon :eyebrow:

This wait is starting to get to me. Still keeping my fingers crossed.

did you call and see if they're still sending out letters? I'm sure not everyone will accept their admission offer so you should be fine.

I emailed Ms. Davis asking to see if acceptance letters are still being sent out. She responded, stating that they are just about finished sending letters.

I am still waiting as well. Hopefully we will receive letters soon. Good luck!

I emailed Ms. Davis asking to see if acceptance letters are still being sent out. She responded, stating that they are just about finished sending letters.

I am still waiting as well. Hopefully we will receive letters soon. Good luck!

2 years ago my friend was wait listed and got a call 1 week before summer academy started. There's definitely still hope!

Hello, I just left Mrs. Davis' office paying my deposit, she said they have sent out about half of the letters and the other half will go out today so u guys should be receiving them shortly. Good luck!

Hey guys,

For those of you who signed up for med terminology at TSU or any other institute, what is the ending date of your course? Summer 1 transcript needs to be turn in by July 6 at 5pm. My course at Lone Star doesn't end until July 10. Any information would be great. Thanks in advance!

Also, anyone out there still need to take Precalculus or am I the only one? :(

Hello, I just left Mrs. Davis' office paying my deposit, she said they have sent out about half of the letters and the other half will go out today so u guys should be receiving them shortly. Good luck!

Thanks for the update. No TSU mail today :(

Yeah..that's the plan. I guess it would have to be taken before May 25, when spring transcripts are due.

Hi, what address do we have to send 2 official transcripts?

Hey guys,

For those of you who signed up for med terminology at TSU or any other institute, what is the ending date of your course? Summer 1 transcript needs to be turn in by July 6 at 5pm. My course at Lone Star doesn't end until July 10. Any information would be great. Thanks in advance!

I signed up at HCCS for this class. its hybrid class and it ends on July 6.. But that class is closed.. u can email the teacher and let her know ur situation m pretty sure she ll let u in.. Its 8 weeks class so it starts tomorrow .. Tuesdays 9 am to 11 am at Coleman health science center. hope it helped

I signed up at HCCS for this class. its hybrid class and it ends on July 6.. But that class is closed.. u can email the teacher and let her know ur situation m pretty sure she ll let u in.. Its 8 weeks class so it starts tomorrow .. Tuesdays 9 am to 11 am at Coleman health science center. hope it helped

Thanks! I saw that too. If the class ends on July 6, when will the transcript be processed and ready if the acceptance letter says transcript is due by July 6th at 5pm? I hope grades will be turned in by then in that case...will wait for the email response from Mrs. Davis tomorrow...hopefully everything will work out. :xf:

Is this the one you signed up for at HCC?

HPRS 1106 - Medical Terminology

Also Accepted! :woot: The wait for the letter was pretty stressful. hold on to hope everyone, I'm sure its coming.

Anyone else taking HITT 1305 online at HCC Coleman?

See everyone during Summer Academy

Hey guys,

they might let you slide on that actually. might want to email and ask

Alright time to go on a stealth mission today to check my status with Ms. Davis, hopefully she'll be there hehe. Time to use my newly obtained secret weapon that I attained this semester <.<

Also Accepted! :woot: The wait for the letter was pretty stressful. hold on to hope everyone, I'm sure its coming.

Anyone else taking HITT 1305 online at HCC Coleman?

See everyone during Summer Academy
Cant wait to see you guys on July 2

Alright time to go on a stealth mission today to check my status with Ms. Davis, hopefully she'll be there hehe. Time to use my newly obtained secret weapon that I attained this semester <.<
let me know how it goes. Did she tell you your status ?

let me know how it goes. Did she tell you your status ?

Well I started off by asking her some questions. Then I showed her my secret weapon. She said it was very good. I showed her my special ending for my interview too and she loved it because she was a TSU graduate also. She laughed at it. She says it was unique and that no one ever did that before, to her knowledge. She says she will help me if she can, something about a re-evaluation if she can talk with the admission committee. She said she was glad I came by to talk to her and shared her my thoughts because this was the last week. She says she knew I was a very bright student from the first moment she saw me. She says there are many reasons to help me. She says she will continue to help me even if I don't get in this year (she always tell this to everybody). Then I thanked her for getting me this far and shook hands. She said she enjoyed talking with me.

Ahhhh if I don't get in, I have nothingggg left to do, no more classes to take because I finished my bio degree this semester, everything else would be meaningless x.x

I wish God will steal away all my tears forever. I am still waiting.... <///3

Last edited:
Good luck to you. I'm sure you can get in, but what does Ms. David mean "this is last week"? Last week to send out acceptance letters????

Yep supposedly this will be the last batch of all acceptance letters that will be finished this week

Well I started off by asking her some questions. Then I showed her my secret weapon. She said it was very good. I showed her my special ending for my interview too and she loved it because she was a TSU graduate also. She says it was unique and that no one ever did that before, to her knowledge. She says she will help me if she can, something about a re-evaluation if she can talk with the admission committee. She said she was glad I came by to talk to her and shared her my thoughts because this was the last week. She says she knew I was a very bright student from the first moment she saw me. She says there are many reasons to help me. She says she will continue to help me even if I don't get in this year (she always tell this to everybody). Then I thanked her for getting me this far and shook hands. She said she enjoyed talking with me.

Ahhhh if I don't get in, I have nothingggg left to do, no more classes to take because I finished my bio degree this semester, everything else would be meaningless x.x

all i saw in that post was that you showed her your secret weapon and something about a special ending

This was my special ending again

Interviewer: Do you have any other questions for us? Me: Yes. May I please stand first? Dr. XXXXX: Okay. Me: As you know the TSU tie represents many things. The TSU tie represent the 'ties' of friendship, bonds, associations, connections, memories, kinship, history, and support. I would like to ask if any of my wonderful interviewers would like to guess what the color of my tie also symbolize in contrast with my appearance. Dr. XXXXX: smiles: I don't know tell me. Me (Pointing to solid black suit with white/silvery TSU tie) : TSU is the light within my darkness. The light that will guide me toward my future. Thank you so very much for your time and thanks for being so nice to let me present myself. (Dr. XXXXX stands up and shakes my hand).

Congrats to all of you who have been accepted. And for those that are still waiting don't give up. My current roommate is a testimony to someone who got her acceptance letter days before summer academy. As she would say, you this waiting my period to "exercise your faith".

But on to the good stuff:

So my roommate and I just found a townhome 3/3.5 bath that we are interested in leasing. We need a third, female, clean roommate to lease it with. Well, actually the candidate can be messy in her own room but as far as common areas not so much. WARNING: If you are a closet type girl, this is not the post for you. Unfortunately, the closet space is not exactly generous. However, if you are big bathroom person and about your own personal space we got you. SO again if you are a closet person...this is not the post. HOWEVER, they are many benefits that can counteract the closet.

The DEETS on the crib:
Distance #1: 1.2 miles from TSU COPHS/ 5 minute drive---you can walk if you want! :)
Distance #2: 3.4 miles from Texas Medical Center (where if you decided to stay for another year)--spring semester of your P2 year all core classes will be held at Texas Medical Center./ 8 minute drive!
-your rent would be $550 or less---I can't say you can find a deal like that this close to school. We haven't assessed all the give and take to give you an exact cost yet, but It definitely will not exceed $550.
-washer/dryer included.
-gated, gated, gated, gated.
-2car garage/ with 3rd additional parking spot.
-Not to mention the added bonus of having two people who have already gone through their first year and can donate a plethora of tests/advice/knowledge (...did I mention old tests) to make your first year go smoothly!

PM me for more info if you are interested. Please serious inquiries only!

Congrats to all of you who have been accepted. And for those that are still waiting don't give up. My current roommate is a testimony to someone who got her acceptance letter days before summer academy. As she would say, you this waiting my period to "exercise your faith".

But on to the good stuff:

So my roommate and I just found a townhome 3/3.5 bath that we are interested in leasing. We need a third, female, clean roommate to lease it with. Well, actually the candidate can be messy in her own room but as far as common areas not so much. WARNING: If you are a closet type girl, this is not the post for you. Unfortunately, the closet space is not exactly generous. However, if you are big bathroom person and about your own personal space we got you. SO again if you are a closet person...this is not the post. HOWEVER, they are many benefits that can counteract the closet.

The DEETS on the crib:
Distance #1: 1.2 miles from TSU COPHS/ 5 minute drive---you can walk if you want! :)
Distance #2: 3.4 miles from Texas Medical Center (where if you decided to stay for another year)--spring semester of your P2 year all core classes will be held at Texas Medical Center./ 8 minute drive!
-your rent would be $550 or less---I can't say you can find a deal like that this close to school. We haven't assessed all the give and take to give you an exact cost yet, but It definitely will not exceed $550.
-washer/dryer included.
-gated, gated, gated, gated.
-2car garage/ with 3rd additional parking spot.
-Not to mention the added bonus of having two people who have already gone through their first year and can donate a plethora of tests/advice/knowledge (...did I mention old tests) to make your first year go smoothly!

PM me for more info if you are interested. Please serious inquiries only!

Hey girl, I might be interested but my boyfriend (who is currently in Ft. Worth) are having "the talk" this weekend about moving in together and him possibly moving to H with me. I will let you know what we decide, but if you want to check me out on FB, my name is Hannah Volinsky. I'm hoping he decides to make the move, but if not I'll definitely need a roomie. The closet sitch scares me a bit b/c I've got a lot of crap, haha. But I'm sure it's not too bad.

Well I started off by asking her some questions. Then I showed her my secret weapon. She said it was very good. I showed her my special ending for my interview too and she loved it because she was a TSU graduate also. She laughed at it. She says it was unique and that no one ever did that before, to her knowledge. She says she will help me if she can, something about a re-evaluation if she can talk with the admission committee. She said she was glad I came by to talk to her and shared her my thoughts because this was the last week. She says she knew I was a very bright student from the first moment she saw me. She says there are many reasons to help me. She says she will continue to help me even if I don't get in this year (she always tell this to everybody). Then I thanked her for getting me this far and shook hands. She said she enjoyed talking with me.

Surprised you didn't have a mnemonic for her lol!!!

Thanks! I saw that too. If the class ends on July 6, when will the transcript be processed and ready if the acceptance letter says transcript is due by July 6th at 5pm? I hope grades will be turned in by then in that case...will wait for the email response from Mrs. Davis tomorrow...hopefully everything will work out. :xf:

there is no way the classes for summer I gonna end before july 6 buddy.. All summer I classes end on July 6. I already told her about it when i went to deposit 250 dollars money order. She said it was ok. Just take it, dont wait. They say it ends on July 6, means that July 6 is the last day of putting grades on ur transcript. Class ends before that. :) :)

Didn't u get in TSU already? I thought u were in already.. Or m mistaking u with someone else ? dont worry u ll get in.. Have some faith .. When i applied i didnt even know if i will get interviews.. got 4 interviews and got accepted at 1, waitlisted in top ten in 1. Faith..

there is no way the classes for summer I gonna end before july 6 buddy.. All summer I classes end on July 6. I already told her about it when i went to deposit 250 dollars money order. She said it was ok. Just take it, dont wait. They say it ends on July 6, means that July 6 is the last day of putting grades on ur transcript. Class ends before that. :) :)

Thanks! Med. term starts in June and ends on July 10th for me at Lone Star. I can't get into the class at HCC. :( Mrs. Davis wanted to know when I will have the transcript ready...I told her latest by July 13th. She haven't responded yet..I'll probably go talk to her.

Anyone receive acceptance letters as of yet? :confused::xf::xf::xf:

Anyone receive acceptance letters as of yet? :confused::xf::xf::xf:

Mine came about 3 weeks ago. Sad part was that the letter was dated for April 18th...point being...they're slow, so be patient and I'm sure you'll hear something.

Has anyone gotten an email from Ms.Davis letting us know when Summer Academy is supposed to begin?