Texas Southern University C/O 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lol bad time to ask that, it's Friday =\

Members don't see this ad.

Omfg wtf just happened here, i just fking made a ******* perfect score on my quan exam omfg can you believe this a 100/100 man im good, the class that is rumored to be one of the most difficult, must show all work for full credit lol omg so happy yayyyy me
Only 3 others made A and she says she don't really give out 100s ((=

Nooooo now I'm even more excited !!!!:\\\\\

Last edited:
Accepted!!!!!!!! I just got my letter today and it was dated May 1st! Also, I interviewed on April 10th and I'm not a TSU student! :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
For who got acceptance, could you please post your stat:GPA, PCAT if you don't mind? I didn't receive anything. Nervous!!:eek:

For who got acceptance, could you please post your stat:GPA, PCAT if you don't mind? I didn't receive anything. Nervous!!:eek:

I got my acceptance last Monday.

Pcat: 71
Gpa (overall): 3.56
Gpa (science): 3.51

Members don't see this ad :)
I just want to know under what criteria/order are they sending out the letters?
When i went for my interview, Ms. Davis said that she will be sending out the top 20 percentile of applicants their acceptance letters first. And from the forum, I noticed that those people who received their letters were interviewed in March. But one of my friends was talking to someone who was interviewed just last week and had already received her letter on Monday. I am so confuseddddddd :(

It's true...top 20% of applicants received letters first. Beyond that point, I'm not sure of anyone knows the order in which the letters will go out. I interviewed 3/20 and got acceptance letter last Monday (but it was dated 4/18)...

Good luck!!

It's true...top 20% of applicants received letters first. Beyond that point, I'm not sure of anyone knows the order in which the letters will go out. I interviewed 3/20 and got acceptance letter last Monday (but it was dated 4/18)...

Good luck!!
Guys would you please help me figure this out.....I am going to register for the medical terminology and the fine art course in summer 1 at UH. Does anybody know what are the course numbers for these two at UH. Does UH even offer med termin. ? What did u guys take for fine art?

Thanks a lot and good luck to those waiting for the acceptance letters including myself :)

I'm not familiar with the Houston area and now that I need to find somewhere to live, I'm not sure where to start. I know I have a laundry list of requirements, but in short...I want something very nice, at least 1,000 sq ft., with a garage and not more than $1200-1300/month. The Rice Village area has been suggested. For those of you in Houston, which areas would you recommend?

I've used apartment.com to aid in the process but there's 100's of apartments and I need to narrow the list down before I fly down there to hunt for a place to live.

Guys would you please help me figure this out.....I am going to register for the medical terminology and the fine art course in summer 1 at UH. Does anybody know what are the course numbers for these two at UH. Does UH even offer med termin. ? What did u guys take for fine art?

Thanks a lot and good luck to those waiting for the acceptance letters including myself :)

UH no longer offers medical terminology. The only art history class I see for summer session is ARTH 1300 - Ways of Seeing: Art and Our Visual World; however, it is offered in Summer session 2 only. Why are to taking these courses at UH? Save yourself the money and take them at a community college.

UH no longer offers medical terminology. The only art history class I see for summer session is ARTH 1300 - Ways of Seeing: Art and Our Visual World; however, it is offered in Summer session 2 only. Why are to taking these courses at UH? Save yourself the money and take them at a community college.

I have taken 66 credits at comm college so won't be able to transfer any more courses from comm college to universities :( what about tsu? Do they offer art and med termin in summer one? I'm waiting to get my password to log in to tsu.
Thank you soooo much for helping me out here.

I have taken 66 credits at comm college so won't be able to transfer any more courses from comm college to universities :( what about tsu? Do they offer art and med termin in summer one? I'm waiting to get my password to log in to tsu.

I know TSU offers the medical terminology class; however, I don't know if its offered during the summer. Hopefully a TSU student can chime in. Try searching online on TSU's webpage or call the school on Monday.

TSU does offer medical terminology in summer. Its PHARM 221 or sth . I dont remember exactly the course number , but its PHARM sth, and you have to register at COP office .i took it last summer over there

Thank you guys for the comments, I am loving this forum :) very very helpful.

For those TSU students interviewed 4/4, check your mail. My friend, tsu student, interviewed 4/4, received the letter today.

Hey, Guys! I have a question.. After getting accepted into pharmacy program, do we still have to get into the undergrad TSU? I think that's how it works to register for the classess and purchase parking permit.. Am I correct? I am confused If I have to send in my transcript both to Undergrad office AND COP office.

Because I applied as transfer undergrad to TSU, and they asked me to send in transcript and meningitis vaccine. does any of you guys know about this? :(

Thank you in advance!

Hey, Guys! I have a question.. After getting accepted into pharmacy program, do we still have to get into the undergrad TSU? I think that's how it works to register for the classess and purchase parking permit.. Am I correct? I am confused If I have to send in my transcript both to Undergrad office AND COP office.

Because I applied as transfer undergrad to TSU, and they asked me to send in transcript and meningitis vaccine. does any of you guys know about this? :(

Thank you in advance!

Most likely yes because the school is still part of the main campus.

i'm wondering if it matters that you have 66 credits at community college? Will TSU really care? I mean if you have been accepted, does it matter about how many hours you have or where you take those remaining classes in the summer? will Ms. Davis really tally it up and check? lol

i'm wondering if it matters that you have 66 credits at community college? Will TSU really care? I mean if you have been accepted, does it matter about how many hours you have or where you take those remaining classes in the summer? will Ms. Davis really tally it up and check? lol

I was also wondering this. I know it matters if you're trying to transfer it towards an actual degree at a 4 year college, but if its for graduate admissions and they just need the classes then i'm not sure it actually matters.

http://search.har.com/engine/3311-Yupon-St-519-Houston-TX-77006_HAR99285447.htm

I'm not familiar with the Houston area and now that I need to find somewhere to live, I'm not sure where to start. I know I have a laundry list of requirements, but in short...I want something very nice, at least 1,000 sq ft., with a garage and not more than $1200-1300/month. The Rice Village area has been suggested. For those of you in Houston, which areas would you recommend?

I've used apartment.com to aid in the process but there's 100's of apartments and I need to narrow the list down before I fly down there to hunt for a place to live.

Not in yet but still looking for study buddies with similar ideals of coding and unique ways to improve mnemonics. Please do not quote.

Synthesis of Inosine Monophosphate Pathway Mnemonic and Abrv. Intermediates: 123. Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Flight Garage, Fly Game, Air Time, Crash Air, Scar, Losing Scar, Fixed Scar, Impressive Looks. Very Easy to Remember to me.
Respective Codes
(Alpha pyrophosphate, Beta phosphoribosylamine, GAR, FGAR, FGAM, AIR, CAIR, SAICAR, AICAR, FAICAR, IMP.)

IMP Synthesis Structural Key Differences Mnemonics/Verbal Analogs (Fun to Read) or not to many lol..

Alpha Alfa After Bottom Functional Group

Beta Better Up Top Functional Group

GGG GAR Glycinamide Ribotide Glycine Gasoline : Ethanol C 2 Functional Group

OO FGAR Flight Garage OO Open Oxygen Functional Group Unclosed Ring For Exit

NN FGAM Flight Game Second Nitrogen Booster Kicks in for Functional Group N Valence = 5, 5th position also

AAA AIR AIRTICULAR Articular Closed Ring

CCC CAIR Crash Air Because of Engine Carbine Sealed Carbox Seal Carboxyl Box Square 4th position

SSSS SCAR SAICAR Succinyl Functional Group Square 4th position replaced

Losing Scar Aminoimidazole Carboxamide Ribotide AICAR Car box amide Functional Group of course, box square 4th position.

FFFF FAICAR Fixed Scar Fixing Form Formyl Fifth Position Functional Group

Inosine Monophosphate Ino Sine Trigonometry Tri Three Rings Identity

Not in yet but still looking for study buddies with similar ideals of coding and unique ways to improve mnemonics. Please do not quote.

Synthesis of Inosine Monophosphate Pathway Mnemonic and Abrv. Intermediates: 123. Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Flight Garage, Fly Game, Air Time, Crash Air, Scar, Losing Scar, Fixed Scar, Impressive Looks. Very Easy to Remember to me.
Respective Codes
(Alpha pyrophosphate, Beta phosphoribosylamine, GAR, FGAR, FGAM, AIR, CAIR, SAICAR, AICAR, FAICAR, IMP.)

IMP Synthesis Structural Key Differences Mnemonics/Verbal Analogs (Fun to Read) or not to many lol..

Alpha Alfa After Bottom Functional Group

Beta Better Up Top Functional Group

GGG GAR Glycinamide Ribotide Glycine Gasoline : Ethanol C 2 Functional Group

OO FGAR Flight Garage OO Open Oxygen Functional Group Unclosed Ring For Exit

NN FGAM Flight Game Second Nitrogen Booster Kicks in for Functional Group N Valence = 5, 5th position also

AAA AIR AIRTICULAR Articular Closed Ring

CCC CAIR Crash Air Because of Engine Carbine Sealed Carbox Seal Carboxyl Box Square 4th position

SSSS SCAR SAICAR Succinyl Functional Group Square 4th position replaced

Losing Scar Aminoimidazole Carboxamide Ribotide AICAR Car box amide Functional Group of course, box square 4th position.

FFFF FAICAR Fixed Scar Fixing Form Formyl Fifth Position Functional Group

Inosine Monophosphate Ino Sine Trigonometry Tri Three Rings Identity

I'm not trying to be a jerk...but....what exactly is the point of taking up space on this forum for mnemonics?

Does anyone happen to know the dates of the Summer Academy? I'm going to be out of the country and I need to know ASAP! The last minute notice that they give us is making scheduling my trip back extremely hard and I need to know!!!

I'm not trying to be a jerk...but....what exactly is the point of taking up space on this forum for mnemonics?

First, I told you not to quote lol, it takes up more space <.<
Second, if I get in I'll probably study with you guys, and I want to find people with similar studying methods that is all, I'm not trying to show off but... Sometimes I can score the highest in the class and can make an A in some of the almost impossible ones to make in especially the written ones, I only messed up my first year, the rest very high grades, I'm a very good student.... :p

This one I made up just now. OOOO (Orotate PhosPhORibosylTransferase) OPPORT Opportunity Obtainer Salvage What U C Uracil Cytosine (You See). This is a Salvaging Class Enzyme. Im guessing you don't think it is unique enough and that your memory skills are sufficient already. :(

First, I told you not to quote lol, it takes up more space <.<
Second, if I get in I'll probably study with you guys, and I want to find people with similar studying methods that is all, I'm not trying to show off but... Sometimes I can score the highest in the class and can make an A in some of the almost impossible ones to make in especially the written ones, I only messed up my first year, the rest very high grades, I'm a very good student.... :p

This one I made up just now. OOOO (Orotate PhosPhORibosylTransferase) OPPORT Opportunity Obtainer Salvage What U C Uracil Cytosine (You See). This is a Salvaging Class Enzyme. Im guessing you don't think it is unique enough and that your memory skills are sufficient already. :(

It's definitely unique....
We all have our own methods for studying, so if it works for you...that's all that matters. I'm always open to new ideas, I've never been into mnemonics but I know most people use them quite a bit. If you made all A's, you should be getting your acceptance very soon. Good luck...I'm rooting for everyone!!

Does anyone happen to know the dates of the Summer Academy? I'm going to be out of the country and I need to know ASAP! The last minute notice that they give us is making scheduling my trip back extremely hard and I need to know!!!

don't think they've decided dates yet, but the letter says july so just be here in july

Does anyone know when they'll decide?

When I went to pay my deposit yesterday, I asked Ms. Davis about summer academy. She said she'll email us.I think the best thing to do is ask a p1 student and see when they did it last year.

When I went to pay my deposit yesterday, I asked Ms. Davis about summer academy. She said she'll email us.I think the best thing to do is ask a p1 student and see when they did it last year.

Do you happen to know anyone? I'm from Dallas and don't know anyone in the Houston area let alone TSUCOP. I just really wish they'd inform everyone so we could plan because this is leaving everyone on edge.

Do you happen to know anyone? I'm from Dallas and don't know anyone in the Houston area let alone TSUCOP. I just really wish they'd inform everyone so we could plan because this is leaving everyone on edge.

Think it was July 1 - August 9 last year

Summer camp/ school is required? Can someone tell me what this is?

Accepted... Interviewed April 25... How much is the deposit ?

I live in Houston and I'm a TSU student, I interviewed 3-21.

I am surprised that they are still doing interview right now. My friend has one next week.