-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Texas Tech 2010
Started by TABOULI
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
For those of us who are anxiously waiting for an acceptance letter, did the tech application site ever update the profiles for those who were accepted?
-->>FPharmDTTP: I was accepted to Texas Tech. My profile has been updated.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Unfortunately your online status will be updated and an acceptance email will be sent after you've recieved your acceptance letter in the mail. I recieved my acceptance letter at 2pm and my status was updated at three. I also recieved an email notifying me of my acceptance.
I have one question- pardon me if it has already been discussed...
Is the interview open file or closed file? If it is closed file, what does it mean? I mean what do the interviewers know about you? Would they have seen your personal statement/ essay?
Is the interview open file or closed file? If it is closed file, what does it mean? I mean what do the interviewers know about you? Would they have seen your personal statement/ essay?
It is closed file meaning the interviewers know nothing about you.
My current status is still not completed. When I called them, they told me they already got everything.They stopped updating my information since the last week of Febrary.
It is closed file meaning the interviewers know nothing about you.
Lol, if I knew that I would have played myself up waayyyyy more than I did.
I want to wish everyone luck! The stress of the pcat, applying for pharmacy school, interviewing, and awaiting an acceptance letter are still fresh in my mind! I am very thankful that I will never have to go through this again!!! I am hoping you guys all get accepted as well and put all this behind you! I know how it is wanting to see that normal people with not so great GPA's got accepted so, here are my stats:
pre-pharm GPA:3.3
GPA: 3.7
PCAT: 72
I think I stood out to the school due to my extracurricular activities and the roles I played in them? Best of luck to you guys!!!!
pre-pharm GPA:3.3
GPA: 3.7
PCAT: 72
I think I stood out to the school due to my extracurricular activities and the roles I played in them? Best of luck to you guys!!!!
Just because the interview is closed file, doesn't mean you can "build yourself up." The acceptance committee reviews the interview performance as well as PCAT scores, GPA, and undergrad performance. So technically, building yourself up would be a risk.
As far as PCAT scores go, I'm pretty sure Tech set the limit to a score of 70... but I'd be lying if I told you people who scored less didn't get into the program.
As far as PCAT scores go, I'm pretty sure Tech set the limit to a score of 70... but I'd be lying if I told you people who scored less didn't get into the program.
Just because the interview is closed file, doesn't mean you can "build yourself up." The acceptance committee reviews the interview performance as well as PCAT scores, GPA, and undergrad performance. So technically, building yourself up would be a risk.
I think Dezixn was just joking. If I am not mistaken, he is already accepted.
The reason why I wanted to know more about the "closed file" scenario is that-- that way I would know how much to expand when they ask me something about myself or "why pharmacy" kind of questions. If they have seen my essay/ SOP, then I wouldn't need to expand as much. I assume they have allotted time for each candidate?
Just because the interview is closed file, doesn't mean you can "build yourself up." The acceptance committee reviews the interview performance as well as PCAT scores, GPA, and undergrad performance. So technically, building yourself up would be a risk.
As far as PCAT scores go, I'm pretty sure Tech set the limit to a score of 70... but I'd be lying if I told you people who scored less didn't get into the program.
I think Dezixn was just joking. If I am not mistaken, he is already accepted.
The reason why I wanted to know more about the "closed file" scenario is that-- that way I would know how much to expand when they ask me something about myself or "why pharmacy" kind of questions. If they have seen my essay/ SOP, then I wouldn't need to expand as much. I assume they have allotted time for each candidate?
I think you guys misunderstand what I meant by building myself up. I assumed the interviewers knew about me already, so I talked and explained things like they already knew my grades and such. Had I known it was closed file I would have gone into more detail and taken more time.
And no I'm not accepted... I believe they are reviewing the people from my interview this Thursday or Friday.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dezixn - You have my apologies. It is a shame that the people interviewing know nothing about the candidate. But I kind of like it because they aren't allowed to be biased in any way. You have a clean slate with these people.
2bpharmacist - If I remember correctly, in past posts the interview has been stated to be a "behavorial interview". It deals more with particular instances in your life where you had to demonstrate a particular characteristic. They won't ask questions like why you chose pharmacy, why this school, what activities were you involved in, etc. The interview is designed to see if you can work well with others pretty much. Hope that helps!
2bpharmacist - If I remember correctly, in past posts the interview has been stated to be a "behavorial interview". It deals more with particular instances in your life where you had to demonstrate a particular characteristic. They won't ask questions like why you chose pharmacy, why this school, what activities were you involved in, etc. The interview is designed to see if you can work well with others pretty much. Hope that helps!
tifflj2004- yes, that was really helpful!
Dezixn- good luck!
Dezixn- good luck!
I've interviewed a number of potential candidates so far and here are just a few suggestions.
-Look at the interview feedback section on SDN. It has valuable information such as whether the interview is closed file or not, how the interview is set up, etc.
-The feedback sections also has questions that some have people have posted. I've read a few of them and no the questions are not exactly the same, however the type of question is similar. We're looking at certain competencies in potential students in which your life experiences and how you handled those experiences play a crucial part in how you are scored.
-Do not have planned memorized answers to certain questions. It's very easy to tell when someone memorizes an answer. I never knew how easy it was until I had a chance to sit on this side of the table. It's ok to know what you want to talk about when specifically asked about something, but it's pretty noticeable when someone is on autopilot.
-We are required to write notes while you talk. Do not get offended if we do not give you eye contact 100% of the time. I try to look up every once in a while but my handwriting is bad enough when I'm quickly writing notes, it would be unreadable if I was trying to take notes and look at you all at the same time.
-Have plenty of questions ready for the day. I mean a lot. We ask if you have any questions throughout the entire day. In the morning, at lunch, during your interview, during the student q&a session, and various other times throughout the day. It's an opportunity for you to learn anything you wanted to know about the school and the city.
-Lastly, I just want to say relax. People who talk confidently, show confidence through their body language, and who display personality into their responses are people who generally do better in their interviews.
-Look at the interview feedback section on SDN. It has valuable information such as whether the interview is closed file or not, how the interview is set up, etc.
-The feedback sections also has questions that some have people have posted. I've read a few of them and no the questions are not exactly the same, however the type of question is similar. We're looking at certain competencies in potential students in which your life experiences and how you handled those experiences play a crucial part in how you are scored.
-Do not have planned memorized answers to certain questions. It's very easy to tell when someone memorizes an answer. I never knew how easy it was until I had a chance to sit on this side of the table. It's ok to know what you want to talk about when specifically asked about something, but it's pretty noticeable when someone is on autopilot.
-We are required to write notes while you talk. Do not get offended if we do not give you eye contact 100% of the time. I try to look up every once in a while but my handwriting is bad enough when I'm quickly writing notes, it would be unreadable if I was trying to take notes and look at you all at the same time.
-Have plenty of questions ready for the day. I mean a lot. We ask if you have any questions throughout the entire day. In the morning, at lunch, during your interview, during the student q&a session, and various other times throughout the day. It's an opportunity for you to learn anything you wanted to know about the school and the city.
-Lastly, I just want to say relax. People who talk confidently, show confidence through their body language, and who display personality into their responses are people who generally do better in their interviews.
So, why are you guys required to write during the interview? It stressed me out that my interviewers were writing the entire time I was talking!
This might seem dorky, but I practiced separate answers for either male or female interviewers.....
This might seem dorky, but I practiced separate answers for either male or female interviewers.....
So, why are you guys required to write during the interview? It stressed me out that my interviewers were writing the entire time I was talking!
This might seem dorky, but I practiced separate answers for either male or female interviewers.....
There are two reasons we write notes. One is so we can go back and review how you answered a question while we score the interview. The second reason is so that the adcoms can go back and read our notes to see why we scored you the way we did.
Did you have another set of answers for a mixed group of interviewers?
Hello boys and girls,
we've created a group for the Class of 2014 on facebook. If you've been accepted and have chosen to come to Tech join the group! You can get to know your future classmates and can ask the current members of the Class of 2013 any questions you have. There are only a few of us that check SDN every once in a while but most of us check facebook daily, so join the group!
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=354995003252&ref=mf
Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!
we've created a group for the Class of 2014 on facebook. If you've been accepted and have chosen to come to Tech join the group! You can get to know your future classmates and can ask the current members of the Class of 2013 any questions you have. There are only a few of us that check SDN every once in a while but most of us check facebook daily, so join the group!
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=354995003252&ref=mf
Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!
I was wondering what the status for anyone who has been to an interview but has not received an admission offer says.
Mine says "You currently have no status at this time. Please make sure your email is valid in your profile. "
This seems confusing to me and my email address is valid. I have tried contacting several of the student services faculty by email and the registrar's office but have not received a response.
My interview was 4 weeks ago and am just wondering if this is the correct messege for people who have not received an offer yet or if there is something wrong with my app.
Thanks!
Mine says "You currently have no status at this time. Please make sure your email is valid in your profile. "
This seems confusing to me and my email address is valid. I have tried contacting several of the student services faculty by email and the registrar's office but have not received a response.
My interview was 4 weeks ago and am just wondering if this is the correct messege for people who have not received an offer yet or if there is something wrong with my app.
Thanks!
1
144288
I was wondering what the status for anyone who has been to an interview but has not received an admission offer says.
Mine says "You currently have no status at this time. Please make sure your email is valid in your profile. "
This seems confusing to me and my email address is valid. I have tried contacting several of the student services faculty by email and the registrar's office but have not received a response.
My interview was 4 weeks ago and am just wondering if this is the correct messege for people who have not received an offer yet or if there is something wrong with my app.
Thanks!
Yep....Thats what mine says too...I think thats what it says for anyone who has interviewed and hasn't been granted acceptance yet.
Mine says the same thing. Just wanted to give you further verification.
thanks guys! now I can stop worrying over nothing 👍
You just need at least a 50 on your PCAT score to apply. I had a 68 and got accepted on my first try. By the way, once it gets to the interview portion, your GPA and PCAT score no longer matter. Every one is equal at the interview portion. So once you get an interview invite there is no point in wondering about other peoples stats. If y'all have any more questions do not be afraid to ask.
Pharm D candidate class of '12
Pharm D candidate class of '12
No, I just figured the male oriented answers would work for the mixed group of interviewers.There are two reasons we write notes. One is so we can go back and review how you answered a question while we score the interview. The second reason is so that the adcoms can go back and read our notes to see why we scored you the way we did.
Did you have another set of answers for a mixed group of interviewers?
I'm still worrying about some of my friends getting an interview invite. Has anyone received an interview invite for April 9th or 16th???? I am asking about these dates, since they are the LAST interview dates!!!!!!
Has anybody recieved an acceptance letter after the first round of them were sent out around March 5th?
Are you sure? April 9th and 16th are the last interview dates? Oh my god. I'm still praying for the interview invitation.No, I just figured the male oriented answers would work for the mixed group of interviewers.
I'm still worrying about some of my friends getting an interview invite. Has anyone received an interview invite for April 9th or 16th???? I am asking about these dates, since they are the LAST interview dates!!!!!!

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to those who got accepted!!
So, no email notification? Directly the snail mail?
So, no email notification? Directly the snail mail?
Congrats to those who got accepted!!
So, no email notification? Directly the snail mail?
yeah snail mail... my status hasn't even updated.
Woohoo! Recieved an acceptance offer today! Make sure that you get your immunizations updated if you haven't already. I got my offer the day after that I sent in my Hep B 2 shot.
Woohoo! Recieved an acceptance offer today! Make sure that you get your immunizations updated if you haven't already. I got my offer the day after that I sent in my Hep B 2 shot.
That's funny. They mailed out my husbands acceptance the day they updated his 2nd Hep B shot also! I guess that's what they were waiting for! Congratulations!
I believe that TTUHSC said that if they contacted someone about incomplete immunization records, that meant they were accepted.That's funny. They mailed out my husbands acceptance the day they updated his 2nd Hep B shot also! I guess that's what they were waiting for! Congratulations!
So, if you got a call/e-mail from them about immunizations, you got in. Congrats.
Anybody received an interview invite for April 9th or April 16th yet? The suspense is killing me.....ugh!
Well, I hope we hear from them. I am also waiting to get my invite for interview. Now I sleep thinking about the whole application process. Very stressful I agree. Let's hope for the best.
Hello boys and girls,
we've created a group for the Class of 2014 on facebook. If you've been accepted and have chosen to come to Tech join the group! You can get to know your future classmates and can ask the current members of the Class of 2013 any questions you have. There are only a few of us that check SDN every once in a while but most of us check facebook daily, so join the group!
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=354995003252&ref=mf
Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!
Do you know when the last interview invites will be sent out, and the dates for last interviews? Thanks
Do you know when the last interview invites will be sent out, and the dates for last interviews? Thanks
I don't know anything more than whats on this calendar
http://www.ttuhsc.edu/sop/programs/pharmd/calendar.aspx
So from what I see April 16th is the last interview date. As for when the invites are sent, I got mine about two weeks before my interview last year but unfortunately I dont know exactly when they'll be sent out.
I don't know anything more than whats on this calendar
http://www.ttuhsc.edu/sop/programs/pharmd/calendar.aspx
So from what I see April 16th is the last interview date. As for when the invites are sent, I got mine about two weeks before my interview last year but unfortunately I dont know exactly when they'll be sent out.
Thanks so much for the information.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has any one who interviewed on March 5th received any status updates?? Do they only send out letters of acceptance and not waitlist or declined?
I thought the adcom was meeting this Friday (26th) so, we should hear from them next week...

I thought the adcom was meeting this Friday (26th) so, we should hear from them next week...![]()
I interviewed March 12th and got an acceptance e-mail today at 5:21PM!


Truly grateful, honored and humbled. 😍
I interviewed in the first group back in february and just got an acceptance e-mail from tech today as well! Cant wait for the mail to come so I can find out where I am going! For all of you hopefulls don't give up!
I interviewed March 15th and was accepted today!!!!😀😀😀😀😀😀
Make sure that if you are accepted you accept the offer on the application site.
Make sure that if you are accepted you accept the offer on the application site.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 7K