-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Texas Tech Pharmacy Class of 2019
Started by rikonyan
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'll bet you get in for rolling admissions!!!congrats for everyone getting in, hope to still see yall next year
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, I am a current P1 at the Abilene Campus. Please message me if you have any questions about Abilene or about the program.
When should we start looking for apartments plus which ones would you recommend? Thank youHi guys, I am a current P1 at the Abilene Campus. Please message me if you have any questions about Abilene or about the program.
The sooner you find an apartment the better. There are 3 other schools here in Abilene (ACU, Hardin-Simmons, McMurray) so there is a lot of competition. I have heard a lot of people like the Reserve, Cimarron for one bedrooms, and it is even affordable to rent a house up here if you get a couple roommates.When should we start looking for apartments plus which ones would you recommend? Thank you
For the love of all things in humanity. DO NOT GO TO THE GROVE! The grove is a complex that is run by students and is constantly having problems. I live there now with 2 roommates and we still haven't had our dishwasher fixed since bootcamp. The only upside to the Grove is you live literally 2 minutes away from the school, so you can enjoy sleeping in.
I personally will recommend that, if you are not married or if you do not have your partner here with you, you refrain from getting a one bedroom. One bedroom apartments go for a lot of money here in Abilene ($850+ for washer and dryer in unit) and it is a quick way to drain your finances. I highly recommend you get at least one roommate because it is cost-saving and helpful because you are going through the same stress. Here in Abilene, you will become very close to your classmates and FYI if you happen to be a male, you will be out numbered 3:1. You all have the same schedule P1 year except for some lab section differences and its helpful to have a buddy to help you study at school and at home.
The sooner you find an apartment the better. There are 3 other schools here in Abilene (ACU, Hardin-Simmons, McMurray) so there is a lot of competition. I have heard a lot of people like the Reserve, Cimarron for one bedrooms, and it is even affordable to rent a house up here if you get a couple roommates.
For the love of all things in humanity. DO NOT GO TO THE GROVE! The grove is a complex that is run by students and is constantly having problems. I live there now with 2 roommates and we still haven't had our dishwasher fixed since bootcamp. The only upside to the Grove is you live literally 2 minutes away from the school, so you can enjoy sleeping in.
I personally will recommend that, if you are not married or if you do not have your partner here with you, you refrain from getting a one bedroom. One bedroom apartments go for a lot of money here in Abilene ($850+ for washer and dryer in unit) and it is a quick way to drain your finances. I highly recommend you get at least one roommate because it is cost-saving and helpful because you are going through the same stress. Here in Abilene, you will become very close to your classmates and FYI if you happen to be a male, you will be out numbered 3:1. You all have the same schedule P1 year except for some lab section differences and its helpful to have a buddy to help you study at school and at home.
Does anyone in your class have a family (spouse/kids?) Do they have any recommendations for family housing? What do they do to support their family as far as finding jobs/childcare in Abilene?
I have not actually waiting to look over all the extra stuff during the break and plan out. The only thing I have is the CPR which the day I did it, I got the email saying we should wait till May. I will call to ask if I still have till redo.I have a question for everyone that's just been accepted. Has anyone gotten the immunization and background check forms that we are supposed to complete? I remember them being mentioned in the acceptance letter but haven't gotten anything since.
I have not actually waiting to look over all the extra stuff during the break and plan out. The only thing I have is the CPR which the day I did it, I got the email saying we should wait till May. I will call to ask if I still have till redo.
I think its supposed to be good for two years, they just recommended doing it in May so that you will have to renew your certification less while you're in school.
Dont really remember but it moves fast...
I esubmitted a few days ago, my references and transcripts have been in since september though so i think it should be fairly quick to verify. How long did it take you guys before you got an interview invite?
I think it was about two weeks
I called them
i called them last week. They said they will start sending interview invitation during the first week of December.I esubmitted a few days ago, my references and transcripts have been in since september though so i think it should be fairly quick to verify. How long did it take you guys before you got an interview invite?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There are several people in my class that have kids. I would recommend that you contact Mike Nall or Melissa Edwards for the best resources. They will highly encourage you to not be employed when you attend school, however, they should be able to help you find great resources for childcare. Many people are married and their spouses transferred with them work here. It depends on what area of the workforce they are in.Does anyone in your class have a family (spouse/kids?) Do they have any recommendations for family housing? What do they do to support their family as far as finding jobs/childcare in Abilene?
They will start sending the invitations out in December and will go all the way down to March. Keep in mind that you can be made an offer anytime, so never give up hope.I called them
I called them last week. They said they will start sending interview invitation during the first week of December.
They ask that you get it in May, so they can keep everyone on the same schedule. That way you will all get reminders for when you need a flu shot, to renew CPR training and for your annual TB skin test.I have not actually waiting to look over all the extra stuff during the break and plan out. The only thing I have is the CPR which the day I did it, I got the email saying we should wait till May. I will call to ask if I still have till redo.
I think you won't have to do a redo because it is a 2 year certification, but you will have to keep up with your records for your P3 year.
As far as immunizations go, just keep up with your records and start on them now so you won't have trouble when it gets closer to the semester.I have not actually waiting to look over all the extra stuff during the break and plan out. The only thing I have is the CPR which the day I did it, I got the email saying we should wait till May. I will call to ask if I still have till redo.
You will need meningitis, 3 rounds of HepB if your titer is low, varicella/zoster or an appropriate titer, annual flu shot, TB test (they will tell you when to get this, I believe you wait til May to get this)
If you were told no during early decision and put into rolling it means you still have a really good chance. If you were absolutely someone they weren't looking for you would have been denied upfront. I know 2 people that got in about 1 week before the semester started (I was not one of them) and they are two of the best students in the class (my opinion). Do not give up.they put me In rolling decisions. I just do not understand what happened. Yes I have talked to both mike nall and mike schwettmann and emailed everyone I could. mike nall said that this is a very rare incidence to happen.
for people who already submitted their supp application and PharmCas, did u guys get a "complete" on college transcript? I have a complete on PCAT scores, but a blank on college transcript. I'm still taking classes but I already sent to PharmCas all my transcripts up to Spring 2014.
Anyone know the reason for not having a "complete" on college transcript?
Anyone know the reason for not having a "complete" on college transcript?
It should not have been blank if the transcripts have been received. It should list all the schools that you have attended and are currently attending, and to the right of each school should be a date when the transcript was received by PharmCAS. When did you send your transcripts? It only takes them like 2 days to post the information after they receive the mailed transcript.for people who already submitted their supp application and PharmCas, did u guys get a "complete" on college transcript? I have a complete on PCAT scores, but a blank on college transcript. I'm still taking classes but I already sent to PharmCas all my transcripts up to Spring 2014.
Anyone know the reason for not having a "complete" on college transcript?
I think @tbear15 is referring to the status on the TTU Merlin account. For mine, it says my supplemental and PCAT scores were verified, but college transcript is blank as well. I'm not sure, but I think it's fine since TTU couldn't have gotten my PCAT score without getting my PharmCAS application.
You're right. It's still showing blank for me too.I think @tbear15 is referring to the status on the TTU Merlin account. For mine, it says my supplemental and PCAT scores were verified, but college transcript is blank as well. I'm not sure, but I think it's fine since TTU couldn't have gotten my PCAT score without getting my PharmCAS application.
Has anyone heard about an interview for January yet?
My college transcrips is showing blank as well, but my PCAT score has been verified with date of 12/1 next to it. The PCAT score has to come from PharmCAS itself. Make sure that your Pearson ID is received by PharmCAS or otherwise they cannot release the score to any pharmacy schools.My college transcripts and PCAT scores are blank in the Merlin account, I'm not sure why. Both of these have been already been verified by PharmCas. Maybe it's processing? I e-submitted like 2-3weeks ago
Its been received since August...I guess I'll call pharmcas or TTU and see what the problem is.My college transcrips is showing blank as well, but my PCAT score has been verified with date of 12/1 next to it. The PCAT score has to come from PharmCAS itself. Make sure that your Pearson ID is received by PharmCAS or otherwise they cannot release the score to any pharmacy schools.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys i got in for early decision, the blanks in your merlin app are supposed to be blank i font believe mine ever filled all the way up. i.e. Transcripts
I interviewed in Amarillo but I will attending in Abilene. The interview is pretty nice if you allow yourself to relax and can be fun if you have a fun group. The questions they asked were just about you really and how you handle different thingsHow was your interview? Did you go to Abilene or Amarillo?
Does anyone know if the academic update on pharmcas is required before you can receive an interview?
Hey it depends on your situation and if you took any prerequisites for this semester. I would call and speak with someone in admissions.Does anyone know if the academic update on pharmcas is required before you can receive an interview?
Unfortunately not. I spoke with Ms. Innis and she says they won't be sending any out until break ends, which is after January 5th.Anyone got interview invitation?
Unfortunately not. I spoke with Ms. Innis and she says they won't be sending any out until break ends, which is after January 5th.
But isn't the first interview the 16th? I feel like they would give more warning because any applicant from out of town would have to book transportation and hotels.
Yes, it is. If they don't come out today then they won't be until they're back in session because they won't be working on our applications until then. I do know that some schools do not give that much time between the invitation and the actual interview. From what I've seen Mercer tends to give about 10 days, give or take.But isn't the first interview the 16th? I feel like they would give more warning because any applicant from out of town would have to book transportation and hotels.
Yes, it is. If they don't come out today then they won't be until they're back in session because they won't be working on our applications until then. I do know that some schools do not give that much time between the invitation and the actual interview. From what I've seen Mercer tends to give about 10 days, give or take.
I haven't received any email from them either. Do you know if they're still working next week or was Friday their last day before Christmas break?
I've heard that they're in until the 22nd or 23rd! So hopefully they will start sending stuff out then.I haven't received any email from them either. Do you know if they're still working next week or was Friday their last day before Christmas break?
She made it seem as if yesterday was their last day. She says they'll start sending out invitations the week they get back. I wish it were sooner haha.I haven't received any email from them either. Do you know if they're still working next week or was Friday their last day before Christmas break?
I think maybe we got a week or two notice in early decision depending on when u got the invitation and which date you picked to interviewBut isn't the first interview the 16th? I feel like they would give more warning because any applicant from out of town would have to book transportation and hotels.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations guys! When did you submit all parts of your application in?
Thank you!
I submit supplemental application on 10/15. Pharmcas was verified on 09/18th.
Okay great, thanks!Thank you!
I submit supplemental application on 10/15. Pharmcas was verified on 09/18th.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K

I got an interview invite!!!!!!