Quantcast

Thank you cards or emails?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fishy fish

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Should I send a post-interview thank you card or email to my interviewers at my top choice school? Does it matter?

HomeSkool

Excelsior! ASA Member!
Lifetime Donor
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter and it won't affect your chances. They've already submitted your interview evaluations.

Reactions: 3 users

curbsideconsult

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
No, it doesn't matter how you write a thank you note, but, as mentioned above, just don't write one at all.

Chances are they won't even remember you and no one (really, not one faculty member or fellow student interviewer) has ever said, "gosh, it would be really nice if these kids wrote thank you notes." While my classmates were very conscientious in writing evals, very few remembered their interview subjects once the evals were turned in.

I really wish I had listened to this advice when perusing SDN during application time because then I wouldn't have wasted my time writing nice thank you cards.

Fishy fish

Reaction score
Thank you for all your inputs! Helpful to know it won't really affect my chances.

stayathomemom

Now with 100% more Stay At Home™!
Reaction score
I will point out it's a nice thing to be thanked though, even if it will never be of a benefit to you. :)

Reactions: 1 users