Thank You Email/Letter Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I was wondering how important Thank You Letters/Emails are for admissions evaluations? I recently interviewed at Yale but it has been about a week since my interview. I do not want to botch the letter and accidentally say something that affects my chances, but my neurotic self is worried that not sending a letter will also affect my chances. Thank you all!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I was wondering how important Thank You Letters/Emails are for admissions evaluations? I recently interviewed at Yale but it has been about a week since my interview. I do not want to botch the letter and accidentally say something that affects my chances, but my neurotic self is worried that not sending a letter will also affect my chances. Thank you all!
A Thank You note shows you have manners, but won't make a difference. Your interview evaluation has long since been submitted. Keep it short.
 
Hi,

I was wondering how important Thank You Letters/Emails are for admissions evaluations? I recently interviewed at Yale but it has been about a week since my interview. I do not want to botch the letter and accidentally say something that affects my chances, but my neurotic self is worried that not sending a letter will also affect my chances. Thank you all!
In my ~20 years on being on our Adcom, a TY letter has come up ZERO times in discussing candidates.

Send them only if your mama raised you to be polite.

In all honesty, I throw them away. TY emails, perversely, I'll respond to.
 
Hi,

I was wondering how important Thank You Letters/Emails are for admissions evaluations? I recently interviewed at Yale but it has been about a week since my interview. I do not want to botch the letter and accidentally say something that affects my chances, but my neurotic self is worried that not sending a letter will also affect my chances. Thank you all!

I didn't submit a thank you letter to the school I got accepted to.