Thank you letters for U Mich

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ESzczesniak

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have opinions on whether or not thank you letters should be sent to U Mich interviewers? I know there have been posts on here before about this general topic, but the consensus seems to be split. I was wondering if anyone knew if this was a good idea for this specifica school (University of Michigan). Thanks in advance.

Eric

Members don't see this ad.

ESzczesniak said:
Does anyone have opinions on whether or not thank you letters should be sent to U Mich interviewers? I know there have been posts on here before about this general topic, but the consensus seems to be split. I was wondering if anyone knew if this was a good idea for this specifica school (University of Michigan). Thanks in advance.

Eric

Yes it is a good idea. No it is not required.

I sent thank-you e-mails to all three of my interviewers. All 3 wrote me back and told me that they were very impressed with me and hoped that I would consider UMich further. After I was accepted, both of my student interviewers e-mailed me and told me that they were looking forward to seeing me next year. So, yes, I would suggest writing thank-you notes if you are impressed with the school and happy with your interviewers.