Thank you notes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

serine

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been told that it is important for students to send a thank you note to the interviewers. Have any of you done this, and if so, how soon after an interview should they be sent? Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

I think it's a good idea, it definitly can't hurt your chances. I sent mine the day after my interview.

send it right away. Always send thank-yous

------------------
Jim Henderson, MD of MedicalStudent.net
http://www.medicalstudent.net

Members don't see this ad :)
Sent mine the next day...Hope that it helps...Still wairting to hear...uughghhh!!!

Zero Patience!!!

It depends. But it doesn't hurt sending those thank-you notes.
Last year, the day after my thank-you notes were sent out, I got the hold notice. This year, didn't do anything, was accepted 2 days after the interview.

Go figure.

------------------
DJ
WU Class of 2004!

If your wondering about thank you notes for your interview at OSU-COM, then you might not have time to send one before they make a decision. Last year, I had my letter six days after I interviewed. That means they must have decided within three to four days after the interview. With all of this said, it still doesn't hurt to send a thank you note though.

I guess it can't hurt. I didn't send any and I got in at both schools I interviewed at. It didn't even occur to me that I should send one. Honestly, I doubt it matters that much.

------------------
DocGibby
MSUCOM class of 2004

doc gibby,

you are just rude:)
i did send thank you notes, but it was becuase the kaplan video i watched suggested it. i figured it wouldn't hurt... i'll let you know

Thanks for the advice everyone...I sent them in the mail a few minutes ago.

Michael...When did you interview at OSU-COM last year? By the way, thank you for all of your advice thus far. I think we may be the only ones even associated with OSU-COM. I checked out the medical site you mentioned, and it's great. Thank you
smile.gif
I was very impressed with the school, and I hope to hear from them soon, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I interviewed on Dec. 17, 1998. I heard that they are meeting tonight to make a decision about the people who interviewed this month. They said that they were going to try to have the letters out before Thanksgiving, so you should hear something soon.

Good Luck,
Michael

p.s. Did you go to ECU?

still waiting to hear from OSU!!!

Michael...

Yes, I go to ECU...where did you go for your undergrad. degree? Wow, tonight they make a decision...that's fast. I'm still keeping my fingers tightly crossed
smile.gif
Did your friend ever hear from them or has he interviewed yet?

Michael...do you mind if I email you? I tried to send a message to you once, but I didn't know whether or not you check your email address listed with your posts. Thanks!

------------------
Kimberly
"Learn from the mistakes of others--you can never live long enough to make them all yourself"--John Luther

Flew across the country to interview at Pomona for Western U. After the interview, I got changed, took my notes and headed for Kinko's. Typed up the TYL's and mailed them from Pomona.

I firmly believe that TY's should be sent immediately (or ASAP) after the interview; that is, if you're serious about the school. It separates you from the rest of the masses, and is simply the polite thing to do.

------------------
-PB (Western Univ./COMP '04)

"Never give in, never give in,
never, never, never, never..."

-Sir Winston Churchill, 1944