The 4/18/08 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pingouin

just chillin'
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome, all April 18, 2008, MCATers!!!!

This is your official place to stress, vent, hang out, party, cry, yell, or whatever else you need to do in the week before and just after your MCAT.

As a reminder, when your test is done, you are welcome to come here and discuss your experience with it. Discussing general passage topics is OK- ie, "I had PS passages on circuits, thermodynamics, and optics." However, you are NOT allowed post specific questions, passage information, or answer choices from your test. Any posts which contain specific content from the test will be deleted, and a 1-week post hold will be placed on your account. Look here for more information on this.

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: to each and every one of you!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

for the first time in my life, I'm glad that I have a difficult finals schedule to keep my mind off the MCAT haha

I had finals the monday and tuesday after the exam. Since then, I have just sat around playing video games.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow guys, we're slacking compared to the 4/18-ers!!!

Hope you're all hanging in there...I know I'm starting to feel the butterflies

Had a dream last night that woke me up in a cold sweat. I dreamt I opened up the Thx site and to my surprise there was a 23 staring me in the face. Needless to say, I was not happy! However, I ruled out any possible psychic foreshadowing because the figures for each of the sections did not add up to a 23, and also because there were unicorns walking about the neighborhood--the second installment of Harold and Kumar I watched before I went to sleep may have contributed to this. Oh well, next week the wait and the dreams will be over! :luck:

man, i have this huge biochem final on Wednesday and all I can think about is May 20. Following is a sample from my stream of consciousness:

ketogenesis...blah blah blah....acetone...blah blah blah....OMG it's a week away!! ****!!! aaaaah!

my apologies for this random outburst. good luck to you all

man, i have this huge biochem final on Wednesday and all I can think about is May 20. Following is a sample from my stream of consciousness:

ketogenesis...blah blah blah....acetone...blah blah blah....OMG it's a week away!! ****!!! aaaaah!

my apologies for this random outburst. good luck to you all

Same here. I'm starting a new summer job, my boss of 4 years is having a baby (who i'm really close to), and I am possibly starting my summer shadowing position, all in the first few days of next week. I keep wondering which place will have the best wireless access for my cell phone and/or computer access to find out my scores. When I should, in all actuality, be extremely excited about the week!

I just started organic II and lab. It will probably come in handy once I have to retake the mcat. ;)

Yesterday I was watching a sermon on television--completely out of character for me by the way as I have apprehensions about some forms of organized religion. It was totally strange. I was just flipping through the stations trying to find something to get my mind off the MCAT results that were making me nervous. That’s when I saw the pastor preaching about things that are out of our hands. He was saying how we all have to step outside of our personal worries and allow god to work. All at once, with his every word I began to calm down. Again, let me reiterate that I am not a proponent of televangelist religion; yet, I could not help to think that I was meant to hear that message. So I guess what I am trying to get at is, if you are at all religious, know that God--in whatever form you view or your religion believes God to be--has a plan for all of us. Even if the score you receive does not turn out to be what you want it to be, perhaps it will serve as a lesson for you, or a means to make you a better doctor down the line. In the words of the surgeon I shadowed in Chicago, "life has its bumps; they all will make you a better doctor in the end." :thumbup:

Yesterday I was watching a sermon on television--completely out of character for me by the way as I have apprehensions about some forms of organized religion. It was totally strange. I was just flipping through the stations trying to find something to get my mind off the MCAT results that were making me nervous. That's when I saw the pastor preaching about things that are out of our hands. He was saying how we all have to step outside of our personal worries and allow god to work. All at once, with his every word I began to calm down. Again, let me reiterate that I am not a proponent of televangelist religion; yet, I could not help to think that I was meant to hear that message. So I guess what I am trying to get at is, if you are at all religious, know that God--in whatever form you view or your religion believes God to be--has a plan for all of us. Even if the score you receive does not turn out to be what you want it to be, perhaps it will serve as a lesson for you, or a means to make you a better doctor down the line. In the words of the surgeon I shadowed in Chicago, "life has its bumps; they all will make you a better doctor in the end." :thumbup:

Matthew 6:25-34 ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'M SO OVER THIS!!!!!!!! I JUST WANT MY SCORE SO I CAN CONFIRM WHAT I ALREADY KNOW AND REGISTER FOR MY RETAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! Red + All CAPS= INTENSE!!!!!!!!

I'M SO OVER THIS!!!!!!!! I JUST WANT MY SCORE SO I CAN CONFIRM WHAT I ALREADY KNOW AND REGISTER FOR MY RETAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! Red + All CAPS= INTENSE!!!!!!!!

yea i feel the same way as you do, i did not feel good about this exam at all

AAMC practice test range: 29-34
prediction of 4/18 MCAT score: 26 (8, 10, 8)
actual MCAT score: 30 (10, 10, 10) <-- gotta say, im shocked at my physical science score, i didnt think there was a snowball's chance in hell that i broke an 8 but im a little bummed with the verbal score, i thought i really rocked it. i was ranging from 10-13 on my practice exams and i definitely thought i was in the upper part of the range on the real exam... Overall though, its safe to say im extremely happy/relieved

do not be anxious about anything: instead, pray about everything! :)

I am ready tho... I want them back!

Really? I've now reached the point where' I'm convinced that I scored <10. Therefore, I would be perfectly happy with them never releasing our scores. I would like to stay in this comfortable denial that I've made for myself ;).

This is my second time and I hope it's my last. One minute I will feel optimistic and the next I will picture clicking on testing history thx and being devastated by a low score. I don't think it would be as bad if all of my family and friends weren't waiting to find the score out too. I honestly think half of the pressure and lurking doom we feel comes from the expectations of our friends and family. I know that for me, the embarrassment of potential rejection from schools or bad mcat scores in front of my family is almost as bad as the results themselves. I guess it's all a part of the process of getting in that most of us go through. But seriously, I hate AAMC with a passion for making us wait for a month.

i went through this last year..im retaking and reapplying...but this time, im telling everyone that i am NOT reapplying this year and waiting til next year instead...that way...pressure is off me...and i can drop the great news to everyone without them expecting it..if i am lucky enough to get an acceptance.

I have to say that the suspense is finally getting to me. I am in a different situation than most of you though. I am currently on a waitlist for special applicants (those who applied for linkage directly from a post-bac) at one school and I am desperately awaiting my MCAT score (linkage applicants are considered before they take the MCAT) in hopes that it will make a difference in my possible promotion from the wait list to the hip-hip-hooray i'm in list. I can stand the weekend, but monday and tuesday morning are gonna be agonizing.

Mcat Prac Score avg: 10 9 11
4/18/08 Predicted score: 3 5 7
Actual: TBA

Well, as long as everyone else is predicting:

Practice scores: PS:7-9 VR:10-11 BS: 8-11 --> 25-31
Prediction: PS:7 VR:8-9 BS:7-8 --> 23-24
ACTUAL: TBD:scared:

Mcat Prac Score avg: 10 9 11
4/18/08 Predicted score: 3 5 7
Actual: TBA

:laugh: lol, that's what I was thinking for myself too and that number just goes down with each passing minute. Come on AAMC, tell me you lost my test somehow.

Well, as long as everyone else is predicting:

Practice scores: PS:7-9 VR:10-11 BS: 8-11 --> 25-31
Prediction: PS:7 VR:8-9 BS:7-8 --> 23-24
ACTUAL: TBD:scared:
I am glad to see there is someone scoring in the same range as I was. Hopefully I score in the upper 20s or lower 30s......I would be eternally greatful!

GEEEEEEZZZZZ I hope I get a decent score!!!! That BIO section was crazy!!!! I felt ok about the test until the bio, I hope there is some sort of curve. I made the mistake of telling everyone and their mom that I was taking the mcat now everyone is asking me how I did. Seems like everyone is counting down with me. I work at a hospital so I also told a bunch of physicians. They ask me every day even though I've told them several times that I won't get my scores back for days. The pressure is killing me!!!!!

GEEEEEEZZZZZ I hope I get a decent score!!!! That BIO section was crazy!!!! I felt ok about the test until the bio, I hope there is some sort of curve. I made the mistake of telling everyone and their mom that I was taking the mcat now everyone is asking me how I did. Seems like everyone is counting down with me. I work at a hospital so I also told a bunch of physicians. They ask me every day even though I've told them several times that I won't get my scores back for days. The pressure is killing me!!!!!

Same here. I thought Verbal was hard too though. I definitely don't feel good about it now.

your guys' scores still haven't come out yet??

i got my 4/5 ones back what seems a long time ago lol...last monday. they came out a day early for us. i'll be retaking july 10th tho, siighhh!

good luck everyone

I'm trying to convince myself that my new score will look surprisingly good next to my old ones, so its a mixed disappointment reassurance each time I log in. when they aren't there, I think at least they didn't get worse! (yet.. hahaha)

Ugh...I hate this, and I hate that I know I'll have to go through it again. I wish I would have just voided. This is just not right! And now, a story using smileys to illustrate how i feel:

:boom::barf:+pissed+:hungover::barf::confused::hungover::boom:

I am beginning to feel really stupid now.

I had a 31...(3 years old...expires this year for most schools)
After hardcore studying...i feel like I did worse...oh well...

3 more days fellas...

does anyone know exactly when to expect the scores? i have been hearing conflicting info
thanks

does anyone know exactly when to expect the scores? i have been hearing conflicting info
thanks

the aamc website shows may 20 (after 5pm ET) as the tentative score release date for the april 18 exam. But keep in mind it is tentative, so it may be posted earlier or later than 5pm on the 20th.

oh my gosh, I just had my third mcat dream (I mean nightmare) last night...I got three 7's and a C for my writing sample... I was terrified in my dream because it felt so real and then while I was sleeping it dawned on me that C is a non existent writing score... at that point my dream changed into me trying to stop my car from being stolen....
...terrible terrible sleep.

I just look out of the corner of my eye to see if anything has changed...if I noticed something has I will cover it with my hand until I am ready to look

Thats so funny because thats how I do it too, anyways I just want to add to the I just want it to be over with and I hope I dont have to ever take that evil test again tally. I have a weird dreams too of 23's and 25's and wake up in cold sweats of me in the bahamas doing gross anatomy, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!