The 5/10/08 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mheart

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am surprised this thread has not been started yet!! How is everyone feeling about the test?? How are you spending your last week & 1/2? I am retaking from Jan 26th so this is IT! I'm more ready to have it done than nervous...what about everyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

How many of you guys are signed up for a second mcat and then are going to cancel when the results come in if they are good? I just don't like the idea of not signing up, doing poorly, and then having to wait till SEPTEMBER for the results! Not to mention the fact that I'd be applying mega-late... Also, are there any fees if I sign up for the July 10th MCAT and then cancel on the 10th of June?

I am not sure if you get all the money back if you cancel. I think you only get half of the money. But i would like to know more about this too.

I swore to myself I wouldn't log on repeatedly to see if scores were posted...but I finally broke down. The wait's killing me.

Members don't see this ad :)
48? I thought it was 72? Not trying to correct you, just curious as to the truth so I know which day to check my computer every minute...

48? I thought it was 72? Not trying to correct you, just curious as to the truth so I know which day to check my computer every minute...

Just watch this thread. I'd wager that someone will post here that the scores are up within 10 minutes of their actual release. ;)

^^ hahaha word.

I just read from some previous posts that generally, MCATs this year have been releasing scores exactly 30 days after the test date, which makes it... 6/9 right? 31 days in May... :)

Well at least if I bomb the MCAT I know where to get some cheap shoes from China...

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg...!!! its almost time! our destiny has arrived. fate is knocking at our door! but only we possess the key to our future!

okay, a bit dramatic...but dayum..
ive debated whether or not im gonna check....i feel like someone else who recieved his score last month...i wish i could just ship them off without having actually seen them...

jus for the sake of time, im gonna make a prediction just so i can go back and check...my official prediction is:

PS12
V10
BS10
Q

aight, i hope i dont eat my words...

praying for that score plus 4...i kno, i kno quit dreaming

okay...bar time...:hardy:

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg...!!! its almost time! our destiny has arrived. fate is knocking at our door! but only we possess the key to our future!

okay, a bit dramatic...but dayum..
ive debated whether or not im gonna check....i feel like someone else who recieved his score last month...i wish i could just ship them off without having actually seen them...

jus for the sake of time, im gonna make a prediction just so i can go back and check...my official prediction is:

PS12
V10
BS10
Q

aight, i hope i dont eat my words...

praying for that score plus 4...i kno, i kno quit dreaming

okay...bar time...:hardy:

OMG, when i saw your post i thought the scores were out! LOL

:luck: to everyone!! hope you all get to :clap: :hardy: :banana:

a pre-emptive reminder that false "scores are up!" reports will result in a 1-week post hold. I have better ways to spend my day tomorrow and Tuesday than :beat: so please don't do that or I'll be :(

So...if all the other dates scores were up after 30 days at like 6:30 in the morning, I guess AAMC loads them some set time after midnight?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think he meant situations where someone would post 'scores are up,' when they werent up - false reports of scores being up

I'm just trying to keep distracted by studying for my final and giving myself extra dance practice. The butterflies are killing me!!! Bread and butterflies sound good though.

why would you get a 1 week post hold if you say scores are up?

It's only if you "joke around" by saying that scores are up early. There is enough hysteria already (as you all are fully experiencing I'm sure :laugh: ), and it's just not cool if someone intentionally adds to that by lying about a score release.

So...if all the other dates scores were up after 30 days at like 6:30 in the morning, I guess AAMC loads them some set time after midnight?

On my score release date we got scores at 5pm. I'm pretty sure that's how its been for all of them.

anyone else feeling worse and worse as the time passes and gets closer to 5 pm tuesday? By worse I mean thinking you did more poorly on the MCAT every second...

anyone else feeling worse and worse as the time passes and gets closer to 5 pm tuesday? By worse I mean thinking you did more poorly on the MCAT every second...

It's natural. Just do your best to try and focus on what you're doing and you'll get to the day eventually!

any weezy fans in here? his album drops the same day as our MCAT scores! so im anxiously AND eagerly awaiting tuesday for 2 reasons! AND im going to his concert on tuesday too! argh, i definately wont check till after the concert so it doesnt ruin the experience...but then i dont know if anticipating and knowing that my scores are out will be on my mind the whole time...

wow...your guys' score report date is coming up this TUESDAY!
even im getting nervous for you, lol.
You know what would be great though, when you get your scores, can you post:

1. actual scores for each section
  2. what you predicted your scores would be for each section
  3. what the AAMC practice tests averaged your scores to be for each section.
I know its asking a bit much considering a I didn't even take it with you guys, but it might lower the stress levels of future MCAT'ers whom are awaiting their results. Who knows, you might prevent a heart attack :thumbup:

I'll be posting the game plan if it did work out well...oh lordy i hope it did. I am dancing to keep distracted and keep my endorphins high...I belly danced so much that the coins on my hip scarf fell off. Lovely, so now I am stressed over results and down one hip scarf.

wow...your guys' score report date is coming up this TUESDAY!

I know its asking a bit much considering a I didn't even take it with you guys, but it might lower the stress levels of future MCAT'ers whom are awaiting their results. Who knows, you might prevent a heart attack :thumbup:

That's a great idea.

Good luck, guys! I'm really hoping your scores come out on time because if yours do, then maybe mine will as well!!!! (I'm at the next testing date 5/23)

:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck: to you all!

I agree wholeheartedly! I'm definitely getting nervous, wondering what I'm gonna see on this thread in a few hours... hopefully a bunch of good posts!!!! And the list would be awesome :love:

i have a bioengineering lab final in 8 hours. And i can't stop thinking about what happens if i get a sub30 score (which is very likely) . here we goo....

i feel you man, i have one final in 7 hours, and another in 10 hours!!! 2 finals today!!

when do you think its gonna come out? 6am eastern time today?

i'm hoping so. but part of me tells me that's gonna be way too convenient. i'm startin to think they might stretch this till the 10th.

but...if the score comes out at 6pm eastern (i'm in sd right now)...and i get 30+, i'm done with this final. lol

NO scores yet. =( Arg, i'm so nervous. My heart is jumping out of my mouth right now! I barely slept last night, and if they do not post the scores today i will go INSANE.

SO i just went to check my THx and it took much longer to load then every other time i tried. I thought it was the moment, but no.... :(

I had a dream last night that I woke up and scores were coming out at 6 am...so I checked and ended up with a PS 7 VR 7 BS 12 (but I really had a fifteen in, but they put a disclaimer saying they curved it down). In my dream I started crying...then I woke up terrified on pins and needles waiting for my damn score!!!! Come on AAMC!

this is borderline cruel torture. i can't even go about my day because i am such a damn nervous wreck!!!! ahhhhh if i don't do well then i'm going to have to register for an august test. ugh.

I had three, count it, three dreams about my score the other night. The first two had scores that didn't make sense (one was a 56 or something). In the last dream, I got a 39, but my writing section score was a C...I think my various test anxieties got their wires crossed. I don't actually expect to get a 39, but it was a pretty sweet dream, as I'm sure you'll all agree.

I was sick last night (food poisoning), so I decided to check for my MCAT scores at like 4:30AM...obviously no such luck lol. This day is going to draggggggg.

This is so unfair. The april 5th MCAT got their scores 30 days after the teste at 6:30am, the april 18th and 19th got their scores 30 days after the april 18th at 11:00am, and today has been 30 days, it's noon and nothing! We had the hardest test so we should be compensated with a huge curve and early scores! :p

This is so unfair. The april 5th MCAT got their scores 30 days after the teste at 6:30am, the april 18th and 19th got their scores 30 days after the april 18th at 11:00am, and today has been 30 days, it's noon and nothing! We had the hardest test so we should be compensated with a huge curve and early scores! :p
Word. I'm dying! I seriously can't function today!

i am sitting here constantly reloading this screen waiting for the first person to post that aamc finally posted the scores....of course each time it reloads, NOTHING.....arghhhh.... i am slowly going crazy....

i am sitting here constantly reloading this screen waiting for the first person to post that aamc finally posted the scores....of course each time it reloads, NOTHING.....arghhhh.... i am slowly going crazy....

Maybe nobody in the thread is checking THx. Maybe we're all expecting the other guy to go check...

<And as if in one voice, thousands of panicked pre-meds cried out in anguish, opened new browser windows, and began mercilessly pummeling the AAMC with THx requests. Mere fractions of a second later a large server somewhere on the American west coast began to whimper, and then whine and smoke a little, and finally burst into a fountain of sparks and flame. And then there was nothing but silence across the vast and now darkened expanse of the intarwebs. THx was down. AAMC had ground to a halt. DNS, DHCP, and the NAACP had all evaporated in a flash of angry digits. A thousand years on only corrupted oral history and whimsical myth would remain to offer explanations of the happenings of that fateful day.>

</civilization>

:D

So just how bad is everybody feeling about this test? I personally predict a 5 point drop from my AAMC practice test average.