The 5/10/08 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mheart

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am surprised this thread has not been started yet!! How is everyone feeling about the test?? How are you spending your last week & 1/2? I am retaking from Jan 26th so this is IT! I'm more ready to have it done than nervous...what about everyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe nobody in the thread is checking THx. Maybe we're all expecting the other guy to go check...

<And as if in one voice, thousands of panicked pre-meds cried out in anguish, opened new browser windows, and began mercilessly pummeling the AAMC with THx requests. Mere fractions of a second later a large server somewhere on the American west coast began to whimper, and then whine and smoke a little, and finally burst into a fountain of sparks and flame. And then there was nothing but silence across the vast and now darkened expanse of the intarwebs. THx was down. AAMC had ground to a halt. DNS, DHCP, and the NAACP had all evaporated in a flash of angry digits. A thousand years on only corrupted oral history and whimsical myth would remain to offer explanations of the happenings of that fateful day.>

</civilization>

:D

lol .... i have "checking-mcat-scores-a-phobia".....all these nightmares have totally squished my confidence....

I bet there's some high-ranking official at AAMC sitting at his/her computer right now...just waiting to press that button making the scores public...

Wonder if s/he's reading this forum...

Maybe nobody in the thread is checking THx. Maybe we're all expecting the other guy to go check...

My thoughts exactly ...but now that there is an actual possibility of my scores staring my squarely in the face ...my stomach turns every time I press that button...maybe we should organize some kind of score check relay lol...that way we all don't have to go through the agony of checking every 15 minutes...lol...wow...this is pure insanity...I don't think I've ever had such a insult to my instant gratification desire in my whole life...

Members don't see this ad :)
This is so unfair. The april 5th MCAT got their scores 30 days after the teste at 6:30am, the april 18th and 19th got their scores 30 days after the april 18th at 11:00am, and today has been 30 days, it's noon and nothing! We had the hardest test so we should be compensated with a huge curve and early scores! :p

EXACTLY. i agree that we had a very hard test.

So just how bad is everybody feeling about this test? I personally predict a 5 point drop from my AAMC practice test average.

i felt bad enough about it to have a 5 point score drop....but am holding on to a small ray of hope that a generous curve will compensate.

i read a thread yesterday about how people speculate that the may curve is the largest, since there are less test takers and it's right in the middle of finals....

damn my reliance on instant gratification!!!!! This day is gonna be looonnnggggg... at least I'll be in the car for five hours to kill some of the time. Best of luck to all of you I'm sure we will all be fine.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH, Why is it taking so long??? The computers grade everything and it does not take that long to grade a 3/4 paragraph essay. Come on, for 210 bucks you would expect to have your scores a lot sooner! Also, what happened with that prediction from AAMC that the CBT scores should be out in 14 days after 2007????

I had to take 2 aspirins after checking to see if they were up...my heart dropped before the page even loaded...i hope i don't go into cardiac arrest...

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH, Why is it taking so long??? The computers grade everything and it does not take that long to grade a 3/4 paragraph essay. Come on, for 210 bucks you would expect to have your scores a lot sooner! Also, what happened with that prediction from AAMC that the CBT scores should be out in 14 days after 2007????

I was wondering the same thing...

Hey Folks!

I, like you, am waiting for MCAT scores, but not mine! I am not even a pre-med student. Why am I waiting for them?! Because my pre-med boyfriend is far away from a computer for the next month, and it is up to me to tell him the scores. Now, that makes me extremely nervous. I will scream my head off if he gets above a 35, but if he is below 30, I might think of avoiding him all together.

Now, what would you guys think if you were in his situation?! Would you feel better, or worst about tomorrow?

Wow...maybe you should post his score here and we can all help you develop whatever speech is necessary to break the news to him...(obviously the above 35 speech will be easy!)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Folks!

I, like you, am waiting for MCAT scores, but not mine! I am not even a pre-med student. Why am I waiting for them?! Because my pre-med boyfriend is far away from a computer for the next month, and it is up to me to tell him the scores. Now, that makes me extremely nervous. I will scream my head off if he gets above a 35, but if he is below 30, I might think of avoiding him all together.

Now, what would you guys think if you were in his situation?! Would you feel better, or worst about tomorrow?

Girl you don't want to be the bearer of bad news...that is a huge responsibility that you have taken on for yourself. I guess either way break it slowly...if it is good it might kill him, if not it still might kill him.

on second thought...is there a fax machine where he is?...or maybe send a carrier pigeon...

haha, Im a 5/23-taker, but as I'm scrolling down this thread (and checking it way too often), I feel like MY heart's gonna drop. Can't imagine it for you guys! And 6/23 seems way too far away :(

Good luuuck!!!!!

god...my heart skips a beat everytime i see that this thread has been updated!!!
the wait is killer!!!! =X

yeah, definitely good luck to you guys. Wishing the best for a good curve that will continue the trend into the 5/23 test ;-)

newMCATscores.jpg

I'm happy with this score and pray that I'll never have to retake again. :)

newMCATscores.jpg

I'm happy with this score and pray that I'll never have to retake again. :)

Beautiful, just beautiful. And thanks for showing us what the format of the scoring looks like so us 5/23ers know what to expect!

38Q!

V 11
P 15 (?!)
B 12

well i guess ill be canceling my retake i scheduled. good luck to all. i guess they did curve the bio quite a lot. well im happy. time to drink

38Q!

V 11
P 15 (?!)
B 12

well i guess ill be canceling my retake i scheduled. good luck to all. i guess they did curve the bio quite a lot. well im happy. time to drink

whoa. that is AMAZING. What was your AAMC average, man? That's just amazing.

my average was actually 38-42 on the official practice tests, so I guess should complain that i made my lowest score. just kidding. anyway im sitting here giggling at work to myself like a lunatic.

Overall Score: 29P
VR 8
PS 11
BS 10

I got owned on bio... and I thought I did alright at least... I was doing 11-14's the weeks prior to the test.. o well.. sorta bummed............... Do you guys think I should retake (I know this belongs in another area, but im desperate).. I wanna get into Jefferson and I have a 3.82 gpa... baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh ... please tell me I should not retake and I still have a shot at Jefferson. darnit

my average was actually 38-42 on the official practice tests, so I guess should complain that i made my lowest score. just kidding. anyway im sitting here giggling at work to myself like a lunatic.

heh. heh. heh. :thumbup:

Jan 26: 10VR, 9PS, 11PS -->30O
May 10: 10VR, 8PS, 9PS -->27O

I am at work but am thisclose to crying. I can not believe that happened, both PS & BS are below my practice test avg. & I have a low GPA so needed a high MCAT.

Congrats to everyone who did so well

so so so happy......yayayayay...

I got 32O...

my first time and second time is 25Q and 23Q...although my writing went down...i am happy with it overall...cuz my advisor told me if I don't have an improvement of 4 points in my overall score...it will not improve your chance to enter medical school....so so so happy

VR 12
BS 10
PS 11
33Q

Meh....

MIKE!!
i doubt i know you....but I went to FIU and graduated in '06. CONGRATS on your MCAT score!
by your response, it seems like you scored better on practices?
I wouldnt be upset with that score though, it is definitely gonna get you accepted somewhere! Speaking of, are you applying to FIU?

PS: btw guys, it would really make the reporting of your scores a lot more meaningful if you posted your predicted scores based on how well you did, and what your practice scores were.
congrats to everyone who has been ballsy enough to display something so personal to the public though!

if i had a 29 i would be happy... thats how bad i did...
if you feel you did your best and that you really dont think you can do any better... then just apply... its not horrible, you should be fine; look at the average score at that school and know that some people can score about two points lower and two points higher to get that avg.
I will be crossing my fingers for you

VR 10
PS13
BS12

7 points lower than my practice test average. I'm floored.

Congrats to all of you who are now finished. Sounds like a very talented group of testtakers. Really.

:hardy:

Test: VR PS BS
AAMC 3: 12 11 11 34
4: 10 13 14 37
5: 11 13 11 35
6: 11 13 12 36
7: 9 12 12 33
8: 10 13 10 33
9: 11 12 13 36
10: 11 14 11 36 (I took this two days before the real thing)

Real: 10 14 11 35
Good luck to everyone else

This is for all those that didn't do so well -----took practice test 10 a week before and got a 30......my real score from may 10th=26N------sub 30Q and I'm okay----not retaking either!:D

My score - 12PS, 10VR, 12BS = 34R

I had been testing in the 31-33 range with Exam Krackers, Kaplan, and AMCAS. After the test I thought that I did okay on PS and BS but thought that I bombed the VR. My guess was a 8VR, 12PS, 11BS. I am quite happy!!!!

Surprisingly, I'm not crying.

I got a 27S
10 VR
9 PS
8 BS

Very disappointing, given my practice AAMCs were consistently above 30, as high as 36. Trying to look at the bright side...I am pretty proud of my "S" on the writing section...but then again I guess that's the part med schools don't really care about.

What do I do now? Retake? I have a 3.88 undergrad GPA, and a 4.00 GPA from my Master in Public Health degree, lots of extracurriculars, volunteer work, etc. in health-related field, plus public health research experience.

Congrats to everyone who did way better than me!

sounds like a lot of people actually did pretty good, or at least better than they thought. Everybody seemed so negative after taking it, but i guess it turned out ok as usual.