The April 2003 Score Release Countdown Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soonerpillow

Dime-a-dozen schmuck
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
12 more days...

Do you think they will be released at midnight (a la submitting AMCAS)? Or will it be at 9am or something?

If @ midnight: 269 more hours

If @ 9am: 276 hours

tick tock...

So how do you, personally, prepare yourself for seeing your score? Do you tell yourself to expect the worst, just so that your actual score will appear better? Or do you have utter confidence (and thus a less stressful waiting period)?
I sort of flip flop between the two. Sometimes I fantasize about a 40+. Other times I just hope I didn't do worse the second time.

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone even access Thx right now? It seems really slow and I just get an error. Do you think it will be possible to access the site tomorrow, with a gazillion april mcat people trying to check their score??

Sparkles,

I totally know what you mean. In my lab, there is another student who took the MCAT in April, and he has told some of the people here that we get them tomorrow, and I have told some people, so everybody will be asking tomorrow. Also, I made the huge mistake of telling my whole family and friends. Most of my friends took the April MCAT also, so when scores are released, its going to be a calling fest.

Pyra,

I just logged in to the THx system fine. Scores still aren't up though :(. I didn't get any errors.

GOOOD LUCK GUYS! We waited this long, how hard can 12 more hours be? :eek:

nbharara

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, it's 1pm on Monday, in Boston. I just logged in to the thx system and it was fine, gave me all my info right away. No scores yet, but the page loaded pretty quickly. Just thought I'd let you know.

I haven't been much active in the forum as of late, but I just wanted to let you all know that I wish everyone the best.
Good luck.

Originally posted by pyra
Can anyone even access Thx right now? It seems really slow and I just get an error. Do you think it will be possible to access the site tomorrow, with a gazillion april mcat people trying to check their score??

I tried checking Thx right now also, and I can't get past the login screen.

Anyway as for tomorrow I wouldn't get on getting my scores until the evening with the system is not jammed by eveyone trying to get their scores.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if AAMC doesn't release the scores tomorrow considering their past history.

I think their system just hiccupped for a few minutes, but I'm not having any trouble logging on anymore (still no scores.)

If they can't handle the load from people logging on today in hopes of getting the scores early, I wonder how smoothly things will run tomorrow when everyone is checking....

Ugh, i'm at work right now and I can't even concentrate.... I honestly just feel sick to my stomach at this point. I sort of got my mind off of the MCATs over the weekend, but now that i'm around a computer, all I'm doing is checking SDN and nervously wringing my hands....

I'm not sure if i'm more relieved that i'll finally know my score tommorow, or more terrified that I will!

I hope the rest of you guys aren't as panicked as I am.......:(

- Quid

I totally feel everyone's pain. I just think that I am gonna see my scores, laugh hysterically, and then pass out. Then again, I have been having dreams of getting good scores. So, you never know. Geez, I hate NOT knowing.

less than 9hrs. EST. i dunno who's religious, but i'm gonna say a prayer and i'll try to remember my fellow sdn'ers. thank God this site got back up in time. the isolation from fellow obsessive premeds was killing me. best of luck - steve

Originally posted by steve007
the isolation from fellow obsessive premeds was killing me. best of luck - steve

It really is cool going through all of this with you guys. It's sort of a support group, you know?

Today kind of reminds me of Christmas eve. The waiting, the anticipation, the insomnia. Except...we don't know if Santa MCAT will be good to us or not... Have you been good boys and girls?

yeah well, here's hoping that SantaCAT drops off something nice. i'm tired of getting lumps of coal in my stocking. :cool:

Yeah, I know what you all mean about needing other pre-meds to talk to! My parents think I'm crazy for being nervous at all.... but if they knew any other pre-meds, they'd know that I'm not the only one by far! I'm actually doing ok, I think...though I do wish I could just take a time-lapse pill and have it be tomorrow already!

is there anyone obsessively checking the THx site as well as the AMCAS print application page? where do you think the scores will come out first, on the AMCAS app or the THx?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say maybe the same time? I'm debating on whether or not to get online at midnight and just check like crazy.... I will probably wait until tomorrow morning BUT... I will probably check SDN online first to make sure they are on there. I don't want a heart attack trying to see it and then it not be there! lol. Good luck all! I'm a nervous wreck! AGHHH!!!!!!:eek:

Sparkles,

That's exactly my plan! This is really dorky, but i've actually been practicing checking my score over the last couple of days...lol... I go on the site as though it's the real deal, pretending that my score will be there :laugh: :laugh: I hope to avoid a heart attack of anticipation when I'm checking my score for real by doing this... lol....

Anyone else this obsessive?!! (or even worse, so that I can feel better? :D )

- Quid

Anyone else this obsessive?!! (or even worse, so that I can feel better? )

Check out the thread I started. 3x a day since the day after the test, No joke. I knew that they wouldn't be out by then but it made me feel better. Now it's around every hour, and I check in both places.

T-minus 6 hours :clap:

Originally posted by MDmiracle
Check out the thread I started. 3x a day since the day after the test, No joke. I knew that they wouldn't be out by then but it made me feel better. Now it's around every hour, and I check in both places.

T-minus 6 hours :clap:

Okay, you win. I thought I was bad. But I've only been checking once a day for the past couple of weeks. But anyways, I'm sure we all understand. We're all going through the same thing.

As MDmiracle already pointed out:

<6 hours until 12am ET, June 24

Holy crap, here it comes...

T-5!:clap:

as a famous poster once said "tic toc"

Oh! and by the way it's 12:00 am the 24th GMT. :D

Edit: Just checked and nope the scores are not out yet, maybe they meant EST. :laugh:

So, for the amcas application it will appear under the how many mcats have you taken question, right?

I love the Santa analogy...should I leave out a big fat plate of cookies and a glass of milk tonight? my roomates would probably eat them and make me feel lucky when i wake up anyways

A BIG GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE FROM BOSTON, MASS

wow, it's really starting to wind down about now.

i was kind of happy living in my blessed ignorance for the last two months, putting off june 24th as some distant date not to be worried about. well, the time has come to face the jury and hear the fat lady sing.

i wish all my fellow SDN'ers a hearty GOOD LUCK :clap: :clap:

deeeep breath guys, it's almost over. :)

hi bobbydylanfan- in response to your Q, yes, it will appear under the "how many mcats you have taken" section of the GPA section of the amcas app. it will say # of mcats taken since april 1991: 1.
then it will say the series number. then it will have each section's breakdown. GOOD LUCK!!!

I am so nervous I keep thinking I'm going to be ill. Nauseous. And I get this weird dissociative thing where my ears ring and everything seems far away and muffled. And yeah, I have been checking the AMCAS and the website about oh, at least once a day. I feel really exhausted from the stress and worry.

This does feel like Christmas Eve. Thanks Sooner for being the host of this slumber party ...

And good luck to everyone!!

So you all are pretty sure that it's midnight tonight when they're coming out? Or you're just guessing?

Am I the only one who doesn't want to check the AAMC site until I know for sure that they're up...for fear that they'll come up all of a sudden and shock me?! I'm waiting for you guys to go first! :D

Gosh! I hate having this feeling in my stomach!! I really wish it could go away so I can start concentrating and doing other things!!

I have kept checking the THx system today, and everytime I check it, I really don't want my score to pop up, I just kinda want to know if it's there so I can brace myself for the score when I check it later. Its kind of weird, but its true. Oh well, I guess at midnight I will keep looking at SDN to find out if it is up, I think it will be in too much of a shock if I check the THx, and my score just randomly pops up!

ugh..

This is going to be a long rest of the day!

Wish you all the best,

nbharara

So you all are pretty sure that it's midnight tonight when they're coming out? Or you're just guessing?

I would bet that it won't be up at midnight. They were pretty explicit that you'd be able to submit your app at 12:00 a.m., but for this they're a lot more vague ("early" Tuesday). I think that means they don't know themselves the exact time, but it probably won't be midnight.

Just a guess.

Personally, I'll be checking at midnight too, but if the scores aren't up then I'm guessing they won't be for many hours, so I'm just going to bed.

Originally posted by usmaple
I would bet that it won't be up at midnight. They were pretty explicit that you'd be able to submit your app at 12:00 a.m., but for this they're a lot more vague ("early" Tuesday). I think that means they don't know themselves the exact time, but it probably won't be midnight.

Just a guess.

Personally, I'll be checking at midnight too, but if the scores aren't up then I'm guessing they won't be for many hours, so I'm just going to bed.

Party pooper! :p

As if you'll get any sleep anyways! (you might, but I probably won't!)

Alright, we've got less than 2 hours left (then usmaple can go to bed). so it's time to shift to Countdown Minutes:

100 minutes until 12am ET, June 24.

Originally posted by nbharara
I have kept checking the THx system today, and everytime I check it, I really don't want my score to pop up, I just kinda want to know if it's there so I can brace myself for the score when I check it later. Its kind of weird, but its true. Oh well, I guess at midnight I will keep looking at SDN to find out if it is up, I think it will be in too much of a shock if I check the THx, and my score just randomly pops up!

I'm the exact same way. If I'm brave enough to check THx at midnight, I'll put a piece of paper up to the screen and ever so slowly ooch it away (after about 30 minutes of getting my courage up). Or maybe I'll just wait til some other people start posting their scores on the Official April 2003 MCAT Scores Thread. Which reminds me...

Hey, look, it's a fellow Okie. Hey chameleonknight!

I'm sorry to have to report this, but it's directly from the THx website:

Please note: the April 2003 scores will be loaded Tuesday morning by 9:00am Eastern Time. Until then, they will not appear below

Bummer. :( But I guess we know now. (okay, usmaple, you were right. ;) )

That makes the Official Countdown:

10 hours, 15 minutes.

I'm with you about revealing the scores slowly. I think I can only handle one at a time. So I'll cover the screen with a piece of paper and look at each score individually.

I know the scores won't be out until sometime during the day, but that won't stop me from checking!

At least we know now. It's too bad, I'll be at work by then. I'd rather check in the comfort of home.

It's funny how they just put that up there sometime in the past half-hour. The site administrators are probably tired of us checking. lol.

Hey Everyone,

Just logged into THX and this is what it said:

Please note: the April 2003 scores will be loaded Tuesday morning by 9:00am Eastern Time.
Until then they will not appear below

Oh, well.

Ah well, that kind of sucks. I'm working at 7 a.m. EST tomorrow, so I guess I'll have to find a computer at work or else....

Good luck, all of my fingers and toes are crossed for y'all (and myself too, of course)!

arrrrgh... just logged in to THx and saw the news. oh well, i think the morning grogginess might numb my nerves to any shocking scores.

there's always the possibility that they'll show up on amcas sometime before they do on THx.

ah whatever, i'm going to bed.

good night, and good luck to all.

I think I'm going to check at midnight just for the hell of it. I've been counting down to it for so long, it would just seem wrong not to. Then I'm going to go to bed and (try to) get some sleep. I'll probably get up around 6 CT (7 ET), just to get all excited about it. :D

Hey, sooner, thanks for the welcome.

I'm glad that we are central time, man...one less hour!

Although, they did say BY 9 AM ET, not AT 9 AM ET ?

Originally posted by chameleonknight
Although, they did say BY 9 AM ET, not AT 9 AM ET ?

Very true, which gives us a decent reason to continue the relentless checking of their website. :D

I just checked, though, and they're not up. :(

well, they're still not up yet. I had to check again, just to make sure. :D

So I'm going to bed, leaving you with one last Countdown for the night:

8 hours, 50 minutes.

Good night, y'all. See you in about 6 or 7 hours. Try to get some sleep.

T - minus 3,2,1..... reeeeeeeeeeeeeejected. :mad: (sorry I was at work).

Answer: "Thanks for playing come back and try again sometime"

Question: What does the AAMC say while they're laughing at us all. :laugh:

I CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN'T SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still I really don't know why. I mean it was a wonderful day in NY today and I was outside all day. What could it be? Is it because something important will be found out tomorrow?

NO,NO. That couldn't be. Tomorrow is just a regular tuesday:eek: :eek:

Well I don't know. I must be a little disorganized. Maybe a good nights sleep will help me remember why tomorrow is so important.

I can feel the Z's already. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Still can't sleep.

I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know why I can't sleep. It's because tomorrow is the 4th day of summer. Oh, what a relief. And I thought that it was something life-changing. Well, I wish all a good and miserable nights sleep. See all of you in the morning.

Remember:

Whatever happens, happens.

Good luck to all.

My roommate is watching a movie, so I can't even go to bed... not that I could fall asleep anyway.......

Well, with my stomach in knots, I think i'm going to go pretend to watch the movie, then pass out in my non-airconditioned, hot as hell bed.... I have work at 9am (figures, right?) so I'm hoping that it's posted by 8:30 so that I can check before I leave; otherwise I'll have to check it on my boss' computer... and i'm not sure that it would make a good impression if I have to cry on his shoulder.....:( :(

Good luck everybody!!!:love: Sweet dreams, and even sweeter MCAT scores!!!

- Quid:)

I think I am going to take some NyQuil and set my alarm for 8:55. I sure hope they knock me out or I won't be able to sleep at all.

****!! Pet bird woke me up at 6:45. now i'm stuck. btw, the thx site is down for "scheduled maintanence."

Good morning, everyone!!!
I actually did get to sleep last night. But once I woke up and remembered it was MCAT Score Tuesday there was absolutely no going back to sleep. So I'm here until it's ALLLLLLL over.

Official Countdown:

125 minutes.

What up sooner?? i think it's just you and me right now. anyone else??