Cincy, I disagree with you on some points but at least you seem like you would be willing to listen to reason and ostensibly compromise in the interest of moving the country forward. Unfortunately, the GOP has moved so far to the right on every issue you mentioned that neither Ike, nor Nixon, nor Saint Ronaldus of Reagan would be electable by the current base. Instead of solutions, they'd rather focus on laughably strawmanning Obama (a moderate who has taken as much Wall St campaign $$$$ as the best of 'em while giving private insurance companies a 40 million policy gift) as a socialist.
I think it is great that you disagree with me on some points. I think debate is a good thing. Maybe if you let me know what you disagree with I could clarify my viewpoints. But the truth of the matter is the middle class is being destroyed. We have half the wealth of this country amongst 1 percent of the population. This is a problem. I'm just offering as reasonable of a solution as I can think of. Economics is a dismal science of supply and demand. I am not a republican or democrat. Your right, the republicans are not offering any solutions for this. They rather blame the poor, old, and illegal immigrants for all the problems.
Like I said, if we had a focused energy policy that focused and solved energy independence, I firmly believe all the problems including illegal immigration, israel-palestine conflict, terrorism, the poor, will go away. Everyone on this planet will benefit. This will require a manhattan project type of situation.
Old people are getting under 1% on their cds while banks get 0% interst free loans on the backs of our elderly. This is disgusting. We have the head of Goldman Sachs calling their investors muppets. Jon Corzine, Obama's largest donor, is not in jail after he stole 1.5 billion in the MF global scandal. Republicans don't offer any solutions, they had their chance with Bush and failed. The Dems have had their chance with Obama, and have also failed equally bad.
I may sound like a socialist, but I am not. There is no such thing as a 100% capitolistic system. You need some degree of a social safety net, but it can't be done with unfunded liabilities. We can't have a system where an official can promise something they know they can't deliver on. People need safety nets if they get sick, and if regulated reasonably, they should work. People also need incentive to get off their rear ends and do some work. You can't just give baby momma more money for more babies to repeat the process. It doesn't work. Nothing good comes out of this.
Unfortunately, there is no party that supports my viewpoints of hard honest work to improve humanity.
We shouldn't as physicians just live in a bubble and assume we will always live in our beutiful houses, drive our beutiful cars, and enjoy our beutiful salaries for forevfer and forever. Things do change.