The Best Podiatry School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sguiliana

OCPM Class of 2013
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there is no "best" podiatry school; only looking for your preference, and why.

Members don't see this ad.

I think a more appropriate question would be "what is the best school for research, clinical instruction, location, academics, residency placement etc." Its so hard to answer this because even if you have been to each of the schools you only see a glimpse of what the school has to offer. I can't honestly answer these questions until I'm a student at one of the schools and even then I would be incredibly biased. Lol. Such a toughie!

So I guess the best school would be the one that I decide to go to! :p

I would really recommend searching the archives here. This has been discussed over and over. There's even a thread that is stickied which highlights many of the schools created by frequent posters here. What has been said already likely remains true.

Members don't see this ad :)
You have to know what you want...

Integrated campus? Cheap cost of living? Cheap tuition with many renewable scholarships? Good classroom facilities? Good overall campus? Good weather? Good basic sciences and board pass rate? Busy/diverse 3rd year clinics with a lot of patients? Close to family/friends? Full time profs? Research emphasis and support? Small class sizes? Good externship and 4th year structure? Lots of history and famous alumni? Etc?

As was mentioned, run a search. All of the schools are accredited because they can give you what you need. Each one has some strong points, some weak points. It depends on what you want/need out of a school, but like many things in life, it ultimately becomes a case of getting out what you put in. GL

Try to interview at every school you're interested in, because you really need to experience them for yourself to know which is right for you. Last year, I read everything on SDN and talked to my friends and mentors about the schools, but was surprised when I actually went on interviews that my intial favorite wasn't anymore after interviews. Interviews are only one day, but you do get a lot from going.

Yea, I recommend interviewing at more than one school even if you like the first one that you interview at. Until you have schools to compare, it is difficult to make a good decision.

Its CSPM,

and the reason it is: I go there, so therefore it must be the best.

Other reasons:

Small Class size
Best Weather anywhere
Best looking students
You can cruise the internet during phyiology review like I am doing right now.

Its CSPM,

Other reasons:

Small Class size
Best Weather anywhere
Best looking students

:laugh:

Its CSPM,

Other reasons:

Small Class size
Best Weather anywhere
Best looking students
Sorry, but Barry has you beat on the last three reasons you listed, and by quite a large margin.

For those of us looking at schools from a different perspective.. TEMPLE! If you are looking to live in a city with TONS to do within walking/short subway ride distance, center city Philly is awesome. I'm planning on living in Old City/Historic district which is a really pretty and safe area (when not walking around by yourself at all hours of the morning, but I think that goes for most places lol). Besides all the reasons you can find out from a TUSPM brochure or admissions staff member, I loved that the school had seemingly friendly professors and students and also a really great clinic. I love how diverse Philly is (even the not so great areas).. pretty much it's just perfect for me because it's close to home and most of my friends :D

I'll also give my two cents about Barry since I also visited Miami - SO MUCH TO DO!!! Holy crap I went for 3 days and found fun things to do the entire time all within ~30 minutes of the airport. Plus the BEAUTIFUL weather also helped form my opinion :) South Beach had a crazy nightlife, Downtown had the Bayside Marketplace which was so awesome (and had really good Cuban food!), and North Beach (not far from Barry!) had a gorgeous public beach. I'm such a beach person (I've spent almost every summer in OCMD), and this is definitely a reason I wouldn't get much work done if I went there haha. But in all seriousness, if I didn't live so far away from Miami I would definitely consider going there.

Last edited:
For those of us looking at schools from a different perspective.. TEMPLE! If you are looking to live in a city with TONS to do within walking/short subway ride distance, center city Philly is awesome. I'm planning on living in Old City/Historic district which is a really pretty and safe area (when not walking around by yourself at all hours of the morning, but I think that goes for most places lol). Besides all the reasons you can find out from a TUSPM brochure or admissions staff member, I loved that the school had seemingly friendly professors and students and also a really great clinic. I love how diverse Philly is (even the not so great areas).. pretty much it's just perfect for me because it's close to home and most of my friends :D

I'll also give my two cents about Barry since I also visited Miami - SO MUCH TO DO!!! Holy crap I went for 3 days and found fun things to do the entire time all within ~30 minutes of the airport. Plus the BEAUTIFUL weather also helped form my opinion :) South Beach had a crazy nightlife, Downtown had the Bayside Marketplace which was so awesome (and had really good Cuban food!), and North Beach (not far from Barry!) had a gorgeous public beach. I'm such a beach person (I've spent almost every summer in OCMD), and this is definitely a reason I wouldn't get much work done if I went there haha. But in all seriousness, if I didn't live so far away from Miami I would definitely consider going there.

No thanks lol, I had enough of them!

Center City is pretty cool though, and I do like the Old(e) Town. North Philly sucks overall. I heard rumors of the pod program moving up with the new med school once it opens.

Barry surrounding area seemed kinda trashy. Seems like you need to have a car to get to cool spots. At least the weather is very nice and the beach is close by! I liked the actual city of miami, south beach, sunny isles beach a lot.