the bill has passed- whats gonna happen to us?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Gee let's see 71% of the people had NO trouble finding a doctor. That really bolsters your point.

Not so bad I guess, unless your unlucky enough to be a member of the other 29%. I thought government run health programs provided easy access for all?

And again, Alaska has it's own dynamics and cannot be easily compared to the lower 48.

There you go....let's exclude any of the data you don't like.

This article also points out the shortage of primary care physicians will play just as large a roll as MD's opting out of Medicare.

It also points points out what you don't seem to want to admit....It can be difficult for Medicare patients to find doctors....you are the one that said, "nobody has trouble being seen because of Medicare"

This is my second fave. It's about Medicaid, not Medicare.

Little difference between the two other than the name...the problems are the same....it's another example of a government run debacle.

Last edited:
I live in Los Angeles, PLENTY of people get access to medicare here and get their meds through 340B programs. Sure MDs opt out of Medicare, they specialize and do plastic surgery, hair removal, LASIK, Derm etc. but people still get to be seen. Things would be worse if it was run by the private sector as the private sector will not insure sick people, and got forbid you get sick once or come down with a chronic condition, YOU ARE pariah and they look for loopholes to exclude you....you love eating up that garbage propoganda Palin and the insurance lobbyist cronies put out there dont you? Who do you think pays for elections? These guys are making money hand ove fist, you just dont know it, prime example PBMs.

Gee let's see 71% of the people had NO trouble finding a doctor. That really bolsters your point.

Not so bad I guess, unless your unlucky enough to be a member of the other 29%. I thought government run health programs provided easy access for all?

And again, Alaska has it's own dynamics and cannot be easily compared to the lower 48.

There you go....let's exclude any of the data you don't like.

This article also points out the shortage of primary care physicians will play just as large a roll as MD's opting out of Medicare.

It also points points out what you don't seem to want to admit....It can be difficult for Medicare patients to find doctors....you are the one that said, "nobody has trouble being seen because of Medicare"

This is my second fave. It's about Medicaid, not Medicare.

Little difference between the two other than the name...the problems are the same....it's another example of a government run debacle.

Members don't see this ad :)
If my hospital could bill for every time I did a medication reconciliation, they'd be bazillionaires.

But seriously...if hospitals could start billing for the **** we do...the culture change would be unbelievable. Hospitals would be begging us to do more clinical programs. They could hire a pharmacist just to reconcile medications for each new patient if reimbursements were enough. And that would actually, legitimately save a **** ton of money in the long run for everyone from taxpayer to hospital CEO if its done right...not to mention the improved outcomes we would see.

This **** might just be great for the profession...

I agree, doesn't it seem to be a simple formula? - the more people that can afford health care, the better off health care industry will be

Wow, paying for emergency services BEFORE you receive them? I guess many of us will just have to die or give birth on the hospital's door steps because we didn't see it coming that day and didn't get a chance to pre-pay.

And, yes, it's close to impossible to find a Dr...at least on Medicaid. I know because I've had it before for pregnancy and my kids have it now. I guess that makes me a leech. $*** happens people. The doctors you find are usually in old crappy buildings, with dirty wallpaper on the walls, old squeaky examination tables, you sit there and wait forever, with people piling up in the hall ways, sick kids screaming...one time there were so many people out in the hall way that the fire alarm went off because it got so hot. This went on for 2 years until by some miracle a new medical center was built closer to our house and a Dr. there was accepting new patients, but guess what? He doesn't any more, and the place opened last fall, but we got lucky...and now can enjoy a new building with nice bathrooms and clean examination rooms.

So I guess we'll can just keep on being leeches, while I'm making a 4.0 GPA, with two kids on Medicaid and a husband who had to get on disability. You can now throw stones.

Wow, paying for emergency services BEFORE you receive them? I guess many of us will just have to die or give birth on the hospital's door steps because we didn't see it coming that day and didn't get a chance to pre-pay.

And, yes, it's close to impossible to find a Dr...at least on Medicaid. I know because I've had it before for pregnancy and my kids have it now. I guess that makes me a leech. $*** happens people. The doctors you find are usually in old crappy buildings, with dirty wallpaper on the walls, old squeaky examination tables, you sit there and wait forever, with people piling up in the hall ways, sick kids screaming...one time there were so many people out in the hall way that the fire alarm went off because it got so hot. This went on for 2 years until by some miracle a new medical center was built closer to our house and a Dr. there was accepting new patients, but guess what? He doesn't any more, and the place opened last fall, but we got lucky...and now can enjoy a new building with nice bathrooms and clean examination rooms.

So I guess we'll can just keep on being leeches, while I'm making a 4.0 GPA, with two kids on Medicaid and a husband who had to get on disability. You can now throw stones.

4.0 in what? basket weaving? :rolleyes:

I have a lot more stuff to add about people like you, but do not have the time to type all night...so in short the prisons are already OVER-CROWDED and the national debt is already in the trillions, people like you need to take that into consideration the next time you want to have MORE kids. :laugh:

I have a lot more stuff to add about people like you, but do not have the time to type all night...so in short the prisons are already OVER-CROWDED and the national debt is already in the trillions, people like you need to take that into consideration the next time you want to have MORE kids. :laugh:

That is about the most thoughtless,narrow minded, ignorant and inhuman post I have seen in a very long time. Maybe they were married had kids and then the husband became disabled and she is now going back to school to earn a degree to support her family. When you demonize and dehumanize people you just are a hop skip and jump from Nazi Germany. They're not people their "leeches". The Nazi's had to exterminate the Jews, they were sub-human. Remember Hitler did not come to power with tanks and machine guns, Hitler came to power with words. You have no idea of the life story of this person. You also have no idea of the glamour of being a leech. The only people who find it glamourous are the one's who were so poor medicaid was an upgrade.

That is about the most thoughtless,narrow minded, ignorant and inhuman post I have seen in a very long time. Maybe they were married had kids and then the husband became disabled and she is now going back to school to earn a degree to support her family. When you demonize and dehumanize people you just are a hop skip and jump from Nazi Germany. They're not people their "leeches". The Nazi's had to exterminate the Jews, they were sub-human. Remember Hitler did not come to power with tanks and machine guns, Hitler came to power with words. You have no idea of the life story of this person. You also have no idea of the glamour of being a leech. The only people who find it glamourous are the one's who were so poor medicaid was an upgrade.

Nothing puts a big smile on my face and joy in my heart like a pregnant woman on welfare.

Once you rely on the government/tax payer for your food, health care, housing, and spending money how are you free?

There is no reason for us to argue though, we are on 2 different ends of the spectrum and we are not going to convince each other of anything most likely.

Well I have to be off to work now, people on welfare are depending on me.

Let's see the government provides roads, pays for part the house you grew up in (That nice mortgage interest deduction), pays for part your health care (again tax deductible), they paid for part of your education from K-12. The government pays for so much for the middle class it's unreal. Just because it's not a transfer payment doesn't mean your not on the government dole....

Last edited:

what a bitch!!

i completely lost the last shred of respect for you with that post. Welcome to the ignore list!

I have seen a lot of rude and insensitive comments since I joined SDN in 2003 but yours takes the cake. Honestly, I'm surprised they didnt ferret out your egotistical hateful worldview during the interview process.. but then again, i'm not, since you are a good BS'er. Hope you have customer service skills in 4 years to go along with that GPA of yours, because in the real world, you'll be dealing with people on medicaid all the time, and if a hiring manager ever gets wind of your judgemental ideas (great idea posting your picture here earlier btw) you wont have a chance.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

I'm sorry for your misfortune. That is great that you are able to pull through w/a 4.0. :thumbup:

what a bitch!!

i completely lost the last shred of respect for you with that post. Welcome to the ignore list!

I have seen a lot of rude and insensitive comments since I joined SDN in 2003 but yours takes the cake. Honestly, I'm surprised they didnt ferret out your egotistical hateful worldview during the interview process.. but then again, i'm not, since you are a good BS'er. Hope you have customer service skills in 4 years to go along with that GPA of yours, because in the real world, you'll be dealing with people on medicaid all the time, and if a hiring manager ever gets wind of your judgemental ideas (great idea posting your picture here earlier btw) you wont have a chance.

Oh GOD, oh NO, not the ignore list! Oh please!!!:rolleyes: :laugh:

Look, it might be bitchy of me, but I speak the truth. The truth hurts, but I am not the type to lie and sugarcoat things. All I am saying is that if you want to be on medicaid and be a drain on society thats fine, but the LEAST you can do is stop having kids b/c the prisons are already overcrowded. Its also a fact that the national debt is in the trillions because of people on medicaid. Why produce MORE of those kind of people?

Nothing puts a big smile on my face and joy in my heart like a pregnant woman on welfare.

Say that to Type B PharmD. He seems to be infatuated with those kinds of people. :laugh:

Oh GOD, oh NO, not the ignore list! Oh please!!!:rolleyes: :laugh:

Look, it might be bitchy of me, but I speak the truth. The truth hurts, but I am not the type to lie and sugarcoat things. All I am saying is that if you want to be on medicaid and be a drain on society thats fine, but the LEAST you can do is stop having kids b/c the prisons are already overcrowded. Its also a fact that the national debt is in the trillions because of people on medicaid. Why produce MORE of those kind of people?

So why not make everyone on welfare get sterilized? You are a Nazi through and through. You are evil and disgusting. If there was any doubt about your total lack of humanity, it has been erased. You wouldn't understand truth if it jumped up and bit you in your Prada bag. The fact is that Welfare (AFDC) makes up 2% of the federal budget and if you were to end welfare totally, it would have no effect on the deficit. Truth sure hurts, doesn't it....

So why not make everyone on welfare get sterilized? You are a Nazi through and through. You are evil and disgusting. If there was any doubt about your total lack of humanity, it has been erased. You wouldn't understand truth if it jumped up and bit you in your Prada bag. The fact is that Welfare (AFDC) makes up 2% of the federal budget and if you were to end welfare totally, it would have no effect on the deficit. Truth sure hurts, doesn't it....

:laugh: Wow, you are obviously in favor of those women popping out kids left and right with no intentions of looking for a job. Why look for a job when the government give me free handouts every month? If you ever work retail you know exactly what I am talking about. :laugh: Great, you like those kind of people, good for you! But I do NOT and thats my OPINION. Whats with the name calling? You are a old man, you should know better. Just because I am not a fan of welfare moms and lazy bums, doesn't make me a Nazi. Those two topics have nothing to do with each other. Shouldn't you be old enough to know that not everyone in life is going to share the same opinion as you? nor will we all share the kind of love you have for welfare moms. LOL...

:laugh: Wow, you are obviously in favor of those women popping out kids left and right with no intentions of looking for a job. Why look for a job when the government give me free handouts every month? If you ever work retail you know exactly what I am talking about. :laugh: Great, you like those kind of people, good for you! But I do NOT and thats my OPINION. Whats with the name calling? You are a old man, you should know better. Just because I am not a fan of welfare moms and lazy bums, doesn't make me a Nazi. Those two topics have nothing to do with each other. Shouldn't you be old enough to know that not everyone in life is going to share the same opinion as you? nor will we all share the kind of love you have for welfare moms. LOL...

There's a pretty significant difference between "popping kids out left and right" and having children while on medicaid. As jaded to the system as I am, there was absolutely nothing there that would prompt the idea that she was a freeloader. The welfare system is there to help people, and the fact that it's abused doesn't mean that it shouldn't be used.

I fully support the idea that you shouldn't use keep having babies to sustain your medicaid eligibility, but what you said was completely inhumane.

You clearly have absolutely no idea what the hell you are talking about. Do you seriously think there are millions of women out there having children to get welfare? There might be a few thousand, but that's a damned speck on the national budget. This is what us educated folk call a "straw man."

If this is seriously your opinion, it's sociopathological. Or you are just an idiot with zero life experience. Which might be the case, I don't know you. But what you are doing is dehumanizing people based upon stereotypes you know little about. Growing up on welfare isn't a ****ing paradise dreamland. The VAST, VAST majority of people on medicaid work. It's just that the "borderline-Fascist circa 1939 Italy" economic system we're had since the 80s has decimated the manufacturing base in the country, stagnated wages, and made healthcare unavailable for laborers and other lower economic class workers. If anything, I consider it a correction in the theft of labor the upper classes have perpetuated for decades that's lead to an almost unsustainable stratification of wealth...

...but what the hell do I know...

old timer...medicaid spending is up to 6 percent of federal budget now. One more thing that you forget is you have to double that amount because the program is a joint between federal and state. This hurts, doesn't it?
If u look at California, their Medicaid spending is even more than GDP of a third world country. The state is broke and had to issue IOU.
I respect u as a senior member, but I protest the way u label people because they have different views. That's not debating but street talk.
As a health care provider, I will help all pregnant women to deliver baby regardless of their ability to pay. However, I don't want my money to pay for the making of the baby if it is preventable.

First, you are a stone cold heartless person. first you say it's the Truth, now it's your opinion. It doesn't matter if I like welfare mothers or I don't like welfare mothers. I don't try to dehumanize people like you do. The Nazi's dehumanized the Jews they did it with words, just like you. It has everything to do with it. It is wrong to dehumanize people, there are no ands, ifs or buts. The basic right to be parents should be denied to people on welfare? If you use logic (a subject with you have only passing understanding) and you follow your recommendations to their conclusions you would see the inhumanity of your remarks...

First, you are a stone cold heartless person. first you say it's the Truth, now it's your opinion. It doesn't matter if I like welfare mothers or I don't like welfare mothers. I don't try to dehumanize people like you do. The Nazi's dehumanized the Jews they did it with words, just like you. It has everything to do with it. It is wrong to dehumanize people, there are no ands, ifs or buts. The basic right to be parents should be denied to people on welfare? If you use logic (a subject with you have only passing understanding) and you follow your recommendations to their conclusions you would see the inhumanity of your remarks...

TRUTH-Prisons are overcrowded and do not need anymore people. Truth-Medicaid is A LOT more than 2% and those people are the reason why the country is so broke right now. Sugarcoat how you want, but thats the truth.

MY OPINION- I do NOT like lazy bums and welfare moms, so I have the right to express that opinion. Whenever, I see one coming on this forum talking about being on Medicaid and being proud of it...I have the right to express my thoughts on that.

old timer...medicaid spending is up to 6 percent of federal budget now. One more thing that you forget is you have to double that amount because the program is a joint between federal and state. This hurts, doesn't it?
If u look at California, their Medicaid spending is even more than GDP of a third world country. The state is broke and had to issue IOU.
I respect u as a senior member, but I protest the way u label people because they have different views. That's not debating but street talk.
As a health care provider, I will help all pregnant women to deliver baby regardless of their ability to pay. However, I don't want my money to pay for the making of the baby if it is preventable.

So you as a right wing freedom loving person would like to deny the rights of people on welfare to have children or limit the number of children they can have. Let me see, are there any other countries that do that? Looks like you want to emulate communist China that bastion of liberty and freedom. I am labeling her, not because she disagrees with me. I have not posted my views on people on welfare having children. I am labeling her because she is dehumanizing others for being on welfare. In a free society the government should not limit people's freedom just because they are poor. If you want to discuss the dysfunctional welfare system that encourages people to have more children so they get more money, we can discuss that. You won't find my opinion much different from yours. As a student of government and history, you have to be careful when you give the government power to do something to somebody else, because sooner or later they are going to do it to you.

As for California, it has been in dire financial condition since before Regan was governor. They spend more than they should on stupid things. That's a state that needs Prozac and Lithium in the drinking water. They have the *****ic proposition system that makes governing chaotic.

Yes its a right to have children, but you have to PAID FOR IT YOURSELF. :laugh: Having children AND knowing that you don't have the ability to paid for them and therefore expect everyone else to pay for YOU is NOT a right. Do you get that??? :rolleyes:

So if I can't afford a 100K car and go out and buy it anyways and therefore as a result can't afford to make my monthly payments, its okay for me to expect the goverment to make my payments for me?? is that how it works now? :rolleyes::laugh:

I think you are the one that is confused btw right and privileges here. Since when is it a right to have children and expect everyone else to pay the bills?

Yes its a right to have children, but you have to PAID FOR IT YOURSELF. :laugh: Having children AND knowing that you don't have the ability to paid for them and therefore expect everyone else to pay for YOU is NOT a right. Do you get that??? :rolleyes:

So if I can't afford a 100K car and go out and buy it anyways and therefore as a result can't afford to make my monthly payments, its okay for me to expect the goverment to make my payments for me?? is that how it works now? :rolleyes::laugh:

I think you are the one that is confused btw right and privileges here. Since when is it a right to have children and expect everyone else to pay the bills?

Ugh, too many emoticons.

Out of curiousity, what percentage of people do you think are abusing the welfare system?

TRUTH-Prisons are overcrowded and do not need anymore people. Truth-Medicaid is A LOT more than 2% and those people are the reason why the country is so broke right now. Sugarcoat how you want, but thats the truth.

So prisons are full of people on welfare. Do you have any facts to back that up? No. I was wrong about the amount spent on welfare (less than 6%). You don't have to major in basket weaving to know that even at 5.6% if you eliminate all of welfare you would still NOT make a dent in the deficit. That is NOT why the country is broke. You are factually incorrect.

MY OPINION- I do NOT like lazy bums and welfare moms, so I have the right to express that opinion. Whenever, I see one coming on this forum talking about being on Medicaid and being proud of it...I have the right to express my thoughts on that.

Not everyone on welfare is a lazy bum. Again, you have no facts to back this up either. You just look down on people and see than as less than you and certainly less than human and this is what I really object to. I am not an old fool, I know there are people who cheat the system. I also know there are people on welfare because they lost their job or their spouse died or some other unfortunate event occurred that bankrupted their family.

And just a few more things:

Opinions are like a**holes, everybody has one. They are of no value unless they are informed by facts. I try to be reasonable and factual. You try to be neither. You have these views that are just not informed by any known facts. They are born of some personal animus against people who are of lower social standing than you and taking something you think should be rightfully yours. I understand all that. Where I fundamentally disagree is when you advocate empowering the government to control how many children somebody else should have. Let's see how you would feel if the government did that to you.

This is why the problem arises
People on Medicaid have 1 kid maybe 2. They CHOOSE to have more kids while on medicaid. That's where I object.U can't even afford yourself. Why u want more????
This is moral hazard. It has everything to do with the morality of these people. They have no self-esteem and piggyback on the system.
Health care is a scare resource. It is unfortunate. However, the china way is the extreme and should not be condoned.
Sarah palin used the scare tactic of death panel about social health plan. Are u going with her , old timer?

Where I fundamentally disagree is when you advocate empowering the government to control how many children somebody else should have. Let's see how you would feel if the government did that to you.

First of all, I do not need anyone or any government to control me b/c I have enough common sense to figure out when I can afford something and when I cannot afford something! :laugh: I know when I can afford to have children, I know when I can afford to buy a nice car, nice house, etc. I know how to budget money. I know when its a good time to have children and when its NOT a good time. etc. it sounds like common sense that everyone should have, but obviously medicaid people do not have.
Why on earth will someone have children KNOWING that they can't afford it???? Hmm...I wonder...maybe its b/c of the welfare money they will be getting! :rolleyes:

I never said that the government should limit the number of children that one should have, but they should definetly limit the amount of money given to these people...they obviously give a very generous amount that is why welfare moms have sooooo many children. :laugh: All I am saying is that those people should use some common sense and know when they can afford to have children and when they cannot. Having children is within your control, and therefore everyone should have the common sense to figure out when is a good time to have children and when its a bad time. Just like I should know right now is a bad time for me to buy a 100K car and it would be foolish of me to go out and buy one right now and it would be even more foolish for me to expect someone else to pay for it!

Ugh, too many emoticons.

Out of curiousity, what percentage of people do you think are abusing the welfare system?

TOO many to name, but you see them most of the time yelling at pharmacy techinicans to hurry up on their child's adderall OR you see them at grocery stores spending at least $300 dollars on grocerys on YOUR dime. :laugh:

TOO many to name, but you see them most of the time yelling at pharmacy techinicans to hurry up on their child's adderall OR you see them at grocery stores spending at least $300 dollars on grocerys on YOUR dime. :laugh:

Damn, too bad I work in one of the richest neighborhoods in IL. Brand only and no insurance? Wth?

Damn, too bad I work in one of the richest neighborhoods in IL. Brand only and no insurance? Wth?

LUCKY YOU!:laugh: I use to work at a ghetto pharmacy full of those welfare moms...I think that is why I am so bitter aganist them! They think they are entitled to everything and yells at you if you are not ready in 5 minutes! You got lucky, no insurance is great...cash paying patients are my favorite and usually get their Rx the fastest! LOL...its funny how slow I get when you rush me! LOL....

LUCKY YOU!:laugh: I use to work at a ghetto pharmacy full of those welfare moms...I think that is why I am so bitter aganist them! They think they are entitled to everything and yells at you if you are not ready in 5 minutes! You got lucky, no insurance is great...cash paying patients are my favorite and usually get their Rx the fastest! LOL...its funny how slow I get when you rush me! LOL....

You should show a little tolerance too though. Some of those women never had a choice or were fortunate enough to have a proper upbringing like you and I. You can never speak on their behalf unless you have lives in their shoes or experienced everything they have experienced. I think empathy is a very important quality to have in this type of field. I just hope your not rude to them in person =)

I just hope your not rude to them in person =)

LOL...No, I was never rude in person, but they have to wait A LOT longer than my other patients. :smuggrin:

Truth-Medicaid is A LOT more than 2% and those people are the reason why the country is so broke right now.

Silly person - the main reason your country is so broke is because your prior president started a war and offered tax cuts to the rich at the same time.

If you hate welfare bums, you must really be ****** off at those corporate welfare bums who took $750B as their prize for ruining the economy of the world.

I used to work at a drugstore in a wealthy area, and it was the worst job I ever had. The enormous sense of entitlement of these rich people, and the naked contempt they showed towards those of us who worked at a job for a living instead of inheriting or marrying money like true aristrocrats was massively obnoxious. They were always throwing hissy fits over every tiny little thing, complaining to the boss, etc.

Without a word of a lie, my last job, with addicts, most of them on welfare, many homeless, was better. Homeless crack addicts are nicer and better behaved as customers than rich people. No joke.

And you never know what people have been through to land them in disreputable circumstances. One of my heroin addicts came in for her methadone one day in tears, so I said, "Honey, what's wrong?" So she told me it was the birthday of one of her dead sons. She'd had two boys, both of whom had Duchenne muscular dystrophy, and died in childhood. She became a heroin addict after that.

Has anyone seen idiocracy? It seems stupid people are procreating significantly more than the educated.

YES that movie scares me. That's the one where they feed a sports drink to the plants and can't figure out why they're dying right? :laugh:

It is VERY EASY for people such as yourself, who are very privileged, to think that Medicaid is unnecessary or generally abused. If you were in their position - unable to receive a job, good health care, or other such necessities due to your position - you would be gunning for better public health. I suggest you read Jonathon Kozol's book Amazing Grace: The Lives of Children and the Conscience of a Nation to gain some perspective. You will really see how our society is designed in many ways to keep poor people poor. For example...take East St. Louis, a very poor area. They deliberately closed the bridge to keep the poor from attending a city wide festival so that the city wouldn't look like it has such poor people. Their neighborhoods are filled with factories, pollutants and hazards. Their schools are filled with asbestos and lead. They get Medicaid, but if they go to the ER they will wait for DAYS to receive treatment in some areas. Medicaid is NOT a free ride to fun-ville.

I never judge people until I get the full story, but sometimes I do come across people who abuse the system so badly that it angers me.

I know many people have family tragedies, death, illness, misfortune, etc and it is really really hard for them and they truly need help.

But on the other hand... yes there are some people who abuse the system and it is frustrating. I know multimillion dollar trust fund babies who collect welfare benefits because they claim independent on their taxes. I know of another girl who sells drugs, lives at home with her parents, does nails for money under the table, collects child support, and pays ZERO taxes on all the money she makes, and she claims all kinds of government benefits. That makes me sort of mad... yes. But I know that is no way to live and that hopefully one day I will actually have a career and life that makes a difference actually helping my community rather than hindering it so I just resign at that. I'm horrible at politics that's why I want to go into health care. :laugh:

I never judge people until I get the full story, but sometimes I do come across people who abuse the system so badly that it angers me.

I know many people have family tragedies, death, illness, misfortune, etc and it is really really hard for them and they truly need help.

But on the other hand... yes there are some people who abuse the system and it is frustrating. I know multimillion dollar trust fund babies who collect welfare benefits because they claim independent on their taxes. I know of another girl who sells drugs, lives at home with her parents, does nails for money under the table, collects child support, and pays ZERO taxes on all the money she makes, and she claims all kinds of government benefits. That makes me sort of mad... yes. But I know that is no way to live and that hopefully one day I will actually have a career and life that makes a difference actually helping my community rather than hindering it so I just resign at that. I'm horrible at politics that's why I want to go into health care. :laugh:

Be kind to others, for everyone is fighting a battle you know nothing about.

where did she say she was proud of being on Medicaid?

Reading through this post is sooo stressful! But WVU is my new idol!

:thumbup::thumbup:

Wow this thread went crazy, lots of name calling and arguing.

Coombiyah my Lord, coombiyah....lol

Get in the Christmas spirit people, whether you believe in the holiday or not it is as good of time as any to put a smile on someone's face. Lend a helping hand to a neighbor and help out those less fortunate. No matter what your political background or beliefs, everyone likes to see a child smile!

I had a great day at work today so I am in a good mood:D
moz-screenshot.jpg

Why on earth will someone have children KNOWING that they can't afford it???? Hmm...I wonder...maybe its b/c of the welfare money they will be getting! :rolleyes:

I never said that the government should limit the number of children that one should have, but they should definetly limit the amount of money given to these people...they obviously give a very generous amount that is why welfare moms have sooooo many children. :laugh: All I am saying is that those people should use some common sense and know when they can afford to have children and when they cannot. Having children is within your control, and therefore everyone should have the common sense to figure out when is a good time to have children and when its a bad time. Just like I should know right now is a bad time for me to buy a 100K car and it would be foolish of me to go out and buy one right now and it would be even more foolish for me to expect someone else to pay for it!

So you say it's foolish to buy something that you don't have the money for...

Don't you have student loans?

Moreover, why are you in pharmacy? You clearly have no empathy; your views on the field as a whole are entirely the opposite of what countless pharmacists on this forum have stated. My guess is that you're in it for the money. Okay, fine. Couldn't you have picked a different field? There are fields out there with just as big of paychecks. Some of them provide just as much mental stimulation as pharmacy (although, you're shooting for mail order, so I doubt this applies), and even better, you don't have to deal with people whom you clearly view as inferior.

Last edited:
So you say it's foolish to buy something that you don't have the money for...

Don't you have student loans?

Its foolish to buy something that you can't afford. I took out 19K this year and will be aprox 75K to 80K in debt when I graduate (hopfully less, depends on the amount of Merit scholarships I recieve). The difference here is that I WILL pay that loan back and in less than 5 years. My credit is around 750, so I will never be dumb enough to buy anything that I can't afford.

The point is having a child when you know you can't afford it is your fault and no one elses. Having a child when you can't afford it is just as bad is going out and trying to buy/get a 100K car when you only make $8 an hour. It just doesn't make sense and shouldn't be done.

There are plenty of people that are against welfare moms and are going into pharmacy. So I don't see your point here and I am shooting for a job that will allow me to work from home. Mail order is just a stepping stone.

Last edited:
Its foolish to buy something that you can't afford. I took out 19K this year and will be aprox 75K to 80K in debt when I graduate (hopfully less, depends on the amount of Merit scholarships I recieve). The difference here is that I WILL pay that loan back and in less than 5 years. My credit is around 750, so I will never be dumb enough to buy anything that I can't afford.

The point is having a child when you know you can't afford it is your fault and no one elses. Having a child when you can't afford it is just as bad is going out and trying to buy/get a 100K car when you only make $8 an hour. It just doesn't make sense and shouldn't be done.

Please enlighten me on the concept of knowing when its possible to afford a child. If I make a salary upwards of 30k/year, can I afford one then? What if I make less, can you keep the child on lay-away?:laugh:

I'll assume your older than me, with the 1984 in your name and all, but even I've come to the understanding (quite awhile ago), that life just isn't that simple.

There are plenty of people that are against welfare moms and are going into pharmacy. So I don't see your point here and I am shooting for a job that will allow me to work from home. Mail order is just a stepping stone.

How can you generalized about women on medicaid/welfare when you obviously know nothing about it?
"In 2005 non-elderly females made up 54% of the Medicaid population. Generally speaking, women & children make up about 2/3 of the Medicaid enrollees.
.​
.The blind, disabled and elderly make up 25% of the Medicaid population. Yet, they consume 71% of the Medicaid resources" - Health Care Delivery, McCarthy Schafermeyer

Before you go and stir something up, you need to check some of your facts before you go blabbing about it. Medicaid and welfare spending going up associated with women and children is one of the worse misconception that people have. Yes it was created for women and children, Yes majority of the people in it are women, but that does not mean that they account for most of the spending!