The correct Casper questions are always not using your authority to be lenient with people, correct?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PotGoblinsales10

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel like this theme is throughout Casper exam and this is what I am being told. Follow the rules in their entirety without regard to who will suffer from following the rules?

Members don't see this ad.

Example:
Lady wants to return toy back to the store without a receipt, but store policy requires a receipt. The manager is not here right now and you have to make a decision as to whether or not to allow the return. The customer stated that she needs to buy medicine for her daughter, what do you do?

I've been told, the correct answer is to not provide a return for the toy?

Here is the exact video example: https://takecasper.com/sample-casper-content/

1. What do you tell the other employee – go ahead and give the refund or abide by store policy? Justify your answer.

2. Assume you advise the newer employee not to give the refund, but she does anyway. Do you report this to your supervisor? Why or why not?

3. If you were asked to establish a policy for a new store around refunds, what aspects would you take into consideration?

Members don't see this ad :)
Example:
Lady wants to return toy back to the store without a receipt, but store policy requires a receipt. The manager is not here right now and you have to make a decision as to whether or not to allow the return. The customer stated that she needs to buy medicine for her daughter, what do you do?

I've been told, the correct answer is to not provide a return for the toy?

Here is the exact video example: https://takecasper.com/sample-casper-content/
1. No. Because those are the rules
2. Yes. Because they broke the rules.
3. Of course I would require some proof of purchase, this crap ain’t free

Reactions: 4 users
I think you say no, because they'll extrapolate yes to mean youd break rules about patient care if they gave you a convincing sob story. For all you know she has no receipt because she stole the toy. Answer like you were refusing to refill an abusable prescription early because [insert sob story]

Reactions: 1 users
From what I've been able to glean about Casper scoring, you're graded on a number of different traits based on your responses. So if your response shows empathy, you'll get a higher empathy score. Don't know what the other traits are. Each scenario you answer is graded by a different "rater" who is looking for evidence of the specific traits. Then, all of your scores (from many different raters) are transformed into a composite score, grading you with regard to specific aspects of decision-making. This is supposed to average-out differences in rating between raters.

I believe the best answers in OP's scenario is:
1.) "No", because you are just an employee and don't have the authority the offer such a large refund with no receipt, regardless of the woman's predicament. You are not the owner. The money is not yours to return. If you were the owner/manager, then you would have more responsibility to help the woman.
2.) The answer would be to report to the supervisor, but not to assign blame. Obviously the supervisor needs to know that the refund was given, but they do not need to be given a scapegoat. When working as a team, you have to take responsibility for decisions together, even if one team member goes AWOL.
3.) New possible policies: Allow employees to consider the situation and use their best judgement when possibly accepting returns. Offer cash returns without receipts but charge a restocking fee. Keep record of the barcode of the purchase in the store computer, and verify the date and/or time of the purchase.

Reactions: 1 users