The CSPM Podiatry Experience: Summer Immersion Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AdrenalineJockie

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't find any information about CSPM Summer Program in sdn. Has anyone got into this program? What do you think about the summer immersion program? And is it too late to apply for Summer 2018?
If there's a post that I missed about this program, could you please send me the link? Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't find any information about CSPM Summer Program in sdn. Has anyone got into this program? What do you think about the summer immersion program? And is it too late to apply for Summer 2018?
If there's a post that I missed about this program, could you please send me the link? Thank you!!
The CSPM Podiatry Experience: Summer Immersion Program

I went and it was really fun.

Was somewhat a deciding factor during interviews. I had a gut feeling from the summer program. After interviewing, it made my choice a bit easier.

1 of my classmates who I met at the program also ended up matriculating here. We still gym and study together. Another friend who we met there decided on another program and we still keep in touch. Very cool people from all over.

Would encourage you to go if:
1) You are interested in podiatry as a career choice
2) You want a glimpse of what podiatry students learn
3) You want to interact with the faculty and the students at CSPM

The program was very unbiased and fair. Didn't trash other programs and gave us a very in-depth look at the interview process, how they rank applicants, what you need to be a competitive applicant. Lots of workshops and a really fun night planned for the last day there. Will also allow you to check out the campus and figure out if you want to live in the area for your education.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey just to second what was said above I went a few years ago and it was pretty cool! They paid for flights for me and my wife (who wasn't even participating) to go and helped out with discounts for hotels. They had a lot of interesting demos/workshops etc., really good food, and a fun, all-paid activity the last night in San Francisco that was awesome. It had a "wine-and-dine" feel to me in that they were really wanting top students to apply there, but everyone was nice and supportive. I ended up not choosing podiatry but was interested at the time and found it very informative. If you have the time and are even slightly interested in podiatry I would go for it

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey have you tried calling the admissions director at CSPM? None of the numbers are working.. someone please confirm if it's just my phone!

Thank you guys!! I just submitted application, waiting for LOR. I hope I get in.

I just submitted my application for it today, fingers crossed!

Hey all!

I will be participating in the CSPM immersion program at Samuel Merritt this summer. Is anybody else? :)

I received travel arrangement instructions yesterday (6/6). How are you guys traveling? Anyone by air?

I'm flying. Return flight options are really limited for me, it seems most are overnight unless I want to drive to LAX which isn't ideal either. Definitely doing an airbnb for lodging though, hotels are astronomically expensive compared to those.

I'm flying. Return flight options are really limited for me, it seems most are overnight unless I want to drive to LAX which isn't ideal either. Definitely doing an airbnb for lodging though, hotels are astronomically expensive compared to those.
Do you already know your return flight options?

Do you already know your return flight options?

I prefer flying jetblue, so there just isn't that many available. I'm going to try for one of the ones that isn't overnight, but its about 3x the cost of the others so I don't know if they will cover it based on the email :/

What are you guys up to? Just confirmed my tickets! Where are you planning to stay?