-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The Florida Thread
Started by meadow36
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OMG, Philo, that's awesome!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!
The format is the same as it was last year.
Good luck.
Yup, the best way I prepared is by reading the interview reviews from last year.
Yay Philo
!!!!! That's really a messed-up way to find out, but I know you're going to rock at the interview!
!!!!! That's really a messed-up way to find out, but I know you're going to rock at the interview!I too now have an interview but was scared to say anything. I was thinking they've made a mistake....what if they hadn't called all of their alternates yet.....then they could revoke....didn't need anymore stress!!
This interview was after my rejection letter. Now there are 3 people I 'know' of who this has happened to, including myself. This emotional rollercoaster is a rough one. But an itnerview is just that and I plan to make the most of it this year.to everyone interviewing on the 22nd. I was looking at the interview feedback section and saw all feedback was left in 2007. Would those who interviewed 2 weeks ago post?? I know we're competing with you, but it would be a nice gesture 😳
OMG Philomycus. I just read this thread. That is incredibly amazing and at the same time bites. Dont ya just wanna say...Jez people can you please git it together already. Wow. Goes to show that when its meant to be it will be. God has a plan for you. Im sooooooo happy for you! Good Luck at your interview. That will be a good story, wonder if they bring it up?
Ie Interviewer: "Okay Mr./Ms Philomycus describe a time when you been challenged yet persevered." Philomycus " Ummm when you guys totally told me I was rejected and then send me an invitation for an interview." hahahahaha Okay I know not the same thing. Like I said before my humor is weird.
Ie Interviewer: "Okay Mr./Ms Philomycus describe a time when you been challenged yet persevered." Philomycus " Ummm when you guys totally told me I was rejected and then send me an invitation for an interview."

Yay Philo! Kick some booty at the interview!
Purdue.So is Florida the last one? Have all the other schools finished this process and accepted people?
thanks for the info annaig, it is a bit cheaper going to jax or orl. I just wish i wouldnt have to fly home on easter, it jacks up the price 🙁
Does anyone know what Florida requires to get in state tuition (i.e. do you have to spend breaks down there, get a job, etc?)
Does anyone know what Florida requires to get in state tuition (i.e. do you have to spend breaks down there, get a job, etc?)
So is Florida the last one? Have all the other schools finished this process and accepted people?
UC Davis isn't finished with interviews until March 18th, and will be sending out notifications after that.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thanks for the info annaig, it is a bit cheaper going to jax or orl. I just wish i wouldnt have to fly home on easter, it jacks up the price 🙁
Does anyone know what Florida requires to get in state tuition (i.e. do you have to spend breaks down there, get a job, etc?)
You have to prove residency with documentation; I used my driver's license, voter's registration card, and last year's tax return. You need at least two forms that are dated at least one year from the time of issue; they have a list of stuff that's acceptable.
Hey all! What will you guys be doing roommate wise if you get into UF?
Asking the goats to make room for me in the barn?
Asking the goats to make room for me in the barn?
LOL! That sounds much better than my plan of living out of my car with the kitties.
Asking the goats to make room for me in the barn?
Lenadeb I love your avatar...where is that from?
Lenadeb I love your avatar...where is that from?
I do not recall, but I do recall lifting it from somewhere. Fair or not, square or not. It is yours for the lifting as well 🙂
I just checked in to my flight and they were offering a first class upgrade for $50 since I'm a frequent flyer (thanks mostly to vet school interviews, lol) I'm starting off on the right foot! I hope Saturday goes well, I'm so excited!!
G'luck to everyone that's interviewing tomorrow! If you still want to get together tomorrow, pm me. = )
Good luck to you, A. I'm rooting for you and hope we both get past the gatekeepers this year. Last year kinda sucked ... OK, it DID suck.
Post a post-mortem re: interviews, OK?
We're all rootin' for you guys! 🙂
Good luck my fellow interviewees!!! I finally made it to Gainesville after some minor speed bumps. Now I need to get a good night's sleep!
I think I did well. But who knows!! A week and a half for more waiting! 

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, is it a good sign that my interviewers were laughing? Because there was a lot of that. I'm happy. Very happy. Now it's the waiting game....
There was only one question that I was unable to answer. Something about going against the team to do what you thought was right. The student said that I did great at the end. 🙂
Hehe, right now my mom is trying to call all the people that called her during my interview. She's angry cuz no one is answering! lol. All that pestering, and no one wants to know what happened.
There was only one question that I was unable to answer. Something about going against the team to do what you thought was right. The student said that I did great at the end. 🙂
Hehe, right now my mom is trying to call all the people that called her during my interview. She's angry cuz no one is answering! lol. All that pestering, and no one wants to know what happened.
I feel pretty good about my interview as well 🙂 I can't wait to find out so I can finally make a decision!!
I was the last person out of my "interview time block" to be done - we had to speed things up toward the end! I felt like I was too quiet in my other interviews, so I made sure I was really talkative this time. 😀 There were a few questions that I skipped - some of them seemed redundant. I had every intention of answering them later, but we didn't have time to go back to them! I'm not even going to try to analyze how I did, though. I figure I'll find out soon enough! Here's to some more good luck our way! 

Good luck guys!! 


Philo, I'm expecting to hear you even in Washington when you find out you've gotten in : ) YAAAYYY!!!!!



Philo, I'm expecting to hear you even in Washington when you find out you've gotten in : ) YAAAYYY!!!!!
I'm confused about something Vickroy said after the interviews. He was talking about the letters (yes, no maybe) and from what I understood ALL of the letters are coming via certified mail. 😕 Is this true, or will be just be the yeses that come that way?
Only three more days until the committee meets!
Only three more days until the committee meets!

I'm confused about something Vickroy said after the interviews. He was talking about the letters (yes, no maybe) and from what I understood ALL of the letters are coming via certified mail. 😕 Is this true, or will be just be the yeses that come that way?
Only three more days until the committee meets!![]()
Hmm, I missed that part. I just remember him saying that the yeses will be sent out first and that if you haven't received your letter (yes, no, or maybe) by April 3rd, you should contact admissions.
When I had my interview on March 8, I didn't remember Vickroy telling those of us in my block how the letters were to be mailed. But if it is anything like last year, acceptances were mailed certified mail and both letters for the alternate list and non-acceptance were mailed regular mail.
He made no mention of certified vs uncertified in our session either!
**UPDATE**
Just talked to my friend who is a 2nd year vet student at UF. She 100% confirmed that only acceptance letters come via certified mail. Both rejection and wait-list letters come via regular mail. So if you get a letter that's not certified, it could still be somewhat good news!
Just talked to my friend who is a 2nd year vet student at UF. She 100% confirmed that only acceptance letters come via certified mail. Both rejection and wait-list letters come via regular mail. So if you get a letter that's not certified, it could still be somewhat good news!
**UPDATE**
Just talked to my friend who is a 2nd year vet student at UF. She 100% confirmed that only acceptance letters come via certified mail. Both rejection and wait-list letters come via regular mail. So if you get a letter that's not certified, it could still be somewhat good news!
Not that it's an extremely huge deal, but when I interviewed, Dean Vickroy told everyone that he and Dr. Thompson decided that this year they were sending all notifications certified mail.
A first year tried correcting him, saying that only acceptances were certified, but he assured her that they were changing it this year. Why? I don't know.
Not that it's an extremely huge deal, but when I interviewed, Dean Vickroy told everyone that he and Dr. Thompson decided that this year they were sending all notifications certified mail.
A first year tried correcting him, saying that only acceptances were certified, but he assured her that they were changing it this year. Why? I don't know.
Well, I guess my friend wasn't informed about the change (but why would she really care anyway? she's already in! ha). I guess it doesn't matter either which way - it is what it is! But it's nice for us to discuss while we're all in suspense!

Not that it's an extremely huge deal, but when I interviewed, Dean Vickroy told everyone that he and Dr. Thompson decided that this year they were sending all notifications certified mail.
A first year tried correcting him, saying that only acceptances were certified, but he assured her that they were changing it this year. Why? I don't know.
Aaaggghhh! Something else to be stressed about. Just when I was getting myself psyched for the knock on the door from the mailman because it meant good news! Now a knock can mean anything!
Perhaps they are trying to cut down on lost/misdirected letters? Vickroy made a point to stress updating Toni Henry of any address changes. Only serves to strengthen the stereotype that many vet students are book smart but have no common sense. Class of 2012, let's strive to rid ourselves of this stereotype!
Vickroy told our group all letters will be certified. The committee meets Wed. He'll sign all letters over the weekend. April 1st is the latest he'll mail them out. All letters are to be mailed at the same time.
I anticipate they will go out the 31st (Monday). Unless he decides to mail them out earlier....which he made no mention of, but you never know.
I anticipate they will go out the 31st (Monday). Unless he decides to mail them out earlier....which he made no mention of, but you never know.
Since we're all going crazy together, I'll add that he told us he really wanted to get all letters out on the 31st if humanly possible, but that they wouldn't go out earlier than that because he needs to work all weekend on getting all the acceptance packets together (hand-signing each letter, etc)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't hear anything about "all letters are going certified" either; but it doesn't make a lot of sense. A certified letter is to prove the recipient actually GOT the letter - usually because of deadlines in the letter and the need to prove notification. In the case of vet school, you have until 4/15 or so to accept the offer. When it is a reject letter, why bother to prove the recipient got it? It is a reject whether you get it now, later or a year from now. A rejection requires no further action on the part of the recipient, so why send it certified??
Dr. Vickroy didn't say anything to us about certified letters. I hate certified letters - I always get the notice in the evening after the post office is closed.
This is going to be the longest week ever.😱 We all need to send psychic acceptance vibes on Wednesday afternoon when the comittee meets!
This is going to be the longest week ever.😱 We all need to send psychic acceptance vibes on Wednesday afternoon when the comittee meets!
I thought about applying to the MPH program, but then realized the deadline had passed. Vickroy said that I should still contact the department about applying since they might be able to squeeze me in. However, while surfing the site last night I stumbled across the International Certificate, which happens to be more along the lines of what I want to do. Not to mention, you have to go study abroad if you decide to do the highest level of the certificate program. 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5K
- Views
- 100K
