Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The Florida Thread
Started by meadow36
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
re-JECT-ed
This really sucks. I'm so sorry Annaig. I was hoping you would be in this class.🙁🙁🙁
re-JECT-ed
Damn ... that sucks, Anna. Backup plans? Edinburgh?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No mail for me again today and I live 2 blocks from campus.
Get it yet? I received my mail today in Clearwater at a smidge before noon. Certified.
Accepted to the DVM and the MPH programs; I have already sent in my acceptance forms.
Oh yeah,
Weren't you considering Scotland? Man, I'd go there in a heartbeat!
See you in the fall, aggiedonk - one equid fan to another.
See you in the fall, aggiedonk - one equid fan to another.
That's great! Congratulations!
See you then!
I missed the mailman, but know I've a certified letter to pick up tomorrow.
Safe to celebrate?
Safe to celebrate?
I missed the mailman, but know I've a certified letter to pick up tomorrow.
Safe to celebrate?
Can't you go pick it up today? Post offices don't usually close until 4 or 5pm.
No. It's still on the truck making its route apparently. I suppose I could give it a whirl.Can't you go pick it up today? Post offices don't usually close until 4 or 5pm.
I missed the mailman, but know I've a certified letter to pick up tomorrow.
Safe to celebrate?
I would say so. I am on the alternate list and my letter was NOT certified. Congratulations!!
Bingo. Just got it. I'm in.
Thank you.
Thank you.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So am I correct in believeing that Certified letters are acceptances, while waitlists and rejections come uncertified?
yes. that is correct.
I will be reapplying next year. I will schedule a meeting with UF, and then UGA to see where my best chances are. I bet it's not with UF. I did every single thing they told me to do last year....why should I trust this year will be different, ESPECIALLY since I intially did everything they told me to and still did not orignially get an invite to even interview? I'm wasting my time.
In the meantime, my dad was pulled off the ventillator today and will pass soon. Last year, it was my grandma, this year my dad. I guess it puts things in perspective.
I WILL be a vet. I just know it wont be going through UF. I'm pretty sure I'm moving to Georgia. Thanks everybody for all your well wishes and threats 😀 to the specific schools.
I fele like I'm an old maid, and the husband has an affair with a younger woman and thinks "how do I can I compete with 21"?? UF is for me the younger woman. I'll never get in.
In the meantime, my dad was pulled off the ventillator today and will pass soon. Last year, it was my grandma, this year my dad. I guess it puts things in perspective.
I WILL be a vet. I just know it wont be going through UF. I'm pretty sure I'm moving to Georgia. Thanks everybody for all your well wishes and threats 😀 to the specific schools.
I fele like I'm an old maid, and the husband has an affair with a younger woman and thinks "how do I can I compete with 21"?? UF is for me the younger woman. I'll never get in.
I will be reapplying next year. I will schedule a meeting with UF, and then UGA to see where my best chances are. I bet it's not with UF. I did every single thing they told me to do last year....why should I trust this year will be different, ESPECIALLY since I intially did everything they told me to and still did not orignially get an invite to even interview? I'm wasting my time.
Philo,
I'm right with ya. I received my "We want nothing to do with you" letter today 😡 and thus was my second year of being granted an interview and then being rejected. I did a file review with Dr. Thompson last year after I was rejected after my interview and I did EVERY single thing he told me to do and it still was only good enough to get an interview this year.
I have an appointment to do my file review with Dr. Vickroy on April 14th so I'll see what he has to say. My husband thinks he'll just give me the run-around and come up with some bogus reason.
My horse is currently hospitalized at UF right now - she colicked Wednesday evening and my vet was afraid she was going to need surgery (she didn't) - and I want my horse back home, but I'm not all that anxious to go to UF to pick her up when I'm told she can be discharged. I just feel so betrayed right now. I hope my feelings make sense.
I too am not getting any younger (I'm 40) and going out of state is not an option due to family circumstances, so I need to know if becoming a veterinarian is in the cards for me because if not, then I need to get on with my life and enter a profession that will get me through retirement years because I'm sorry but being a certified veterinary technician is not something I want to do for the rest of my life because it's not going to help me make a decent living (thank God my husband has a well paying job) and I don't like being a tech in the sense that I want to be the one making the decisions. Even when I was in tech school, all my classmates told me they couldn't see me as a tech - they saw me as a veterinarian. I need to know if I need to fall back on my bachelor's in business and psychology.
........and thus was my second year of being granted an interview and then being rejected. I did a file review with Dr. Thompson last year after I was rejected after my interview and I did EVERY single thing he told me to do and it still was only good enough to get an interview this year.
My husband thinks he'll just give me the run-around and come up with some bogus reason.
Then we are almost the same person. My husband thinks the same exact thing too. I know it's better to go down there in person for the post analysis, but I really don't want to take another day off work to pay $60 in gas to drive down there when I think I won't make a bit of difference.
I remember the dean saying they initially accept many over their actual capacity. Also, that they keep a very small (in-state only) wait-list that historically has had many if not all eventually accepted. He mentioned last year as a year when very few, if any, got in from the wait-list.Just wanted to ask everyone if they remember how many UF over-accepts by. I am waiting around to hear and I am over-analyzing everything. If you remember please let me know. I thought Vickroy said they initially accept 90. Am I right?
ACCEPTED TO FLORIDA!! email me if anyone knows about housing for this summer and/or enrolling for these classes to take @ the school!! thankss
Housing - good luck. I went apartment hunting last week, and finding a decent 1B/1B apt that leased in May was quite time consuming. Every single apartment complex is now leasing, so just chuck yourself into the fray and you'll find something sooner or later. I had mine narrowed down to The Polos and The Laurels, finally settling on the latter.
Summer classes - good luck. Even after you fill out all the forms, talk to all the people (dean of Ag., Infirmary people, registrar, etc.), they tell you that you are not allowed to register for classes until the first day of classes. I was supposed to have received an e-mail from the registrar for further information, but haven't received anything in almost two weeks. I guess I'm still waiting on that.
Theres great brand new apartments are The Enclave. They take pets, are on a road that has a great bus route to UF, and is 1149 for a 2/2.
www.enclaveuf.com
Also the Polos, Laurels, Gainesville Place, and the Estates are all great.
www.enclaveuf.com
Also the Polos, Laurels, Gainesville Place, and the Estates are all great.
Although these places might be great and fairly cheap, remember that they are mostly undergrad residences. Consider this before signing, as Gainesville is an especially notorious party place...
I lived in Gainesville for 5 years and the best place to live that I found to get away from all the partying that goes on there is the Reserve @ Kanapaha. The community is made up of families and graduate students. They accept pets of any shape and size. Draw back... there is no bus route. However, as a graduate student you are able to get a parking pass to campus and since vet students have to be there so early anyway there should not be too much of a problem to get parking. Also... beware of those new places that are shooting up in less than a couple of months. It may be new but they are going to shoot up the rent compared to the more established complexes and the construction is crappy. Paradigm properties owns about 60% of the complexes in Gainesville and have pretty reasonable prices but again there are massive parties since mostly undergraduates live there. GOOD LUCK!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5K
- Views
- 100K