The Florida Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wanted to do the MPH program too, but since I was originally rejected, I deleted the email. Then I find out 4 days before the deadline for the MPH paperwork that I have an interview. By then I didnt have the email and to be completely honest, the wierd turn of events, I had completely forgotten until a few days after the deadline. I was going to tell Vickroy my situation, but didn't really want to if you know what I mean. It would have been wierd.

I initially thought I did ok for the itnerview, but now the 2nd guessing is setting in. The panic is everywhere. I know there's nothing I can do about it now....but my confidence is going down. I want this so badly....I just am more stressed now than I thought I was going to be. Double :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I didn't apply to florida, but I wanted to say how much I second guessed myself after the interview. When I first walked out of my U of M interview, I was really excited because I had this feeling that I did very well. Then I started to doubt myself. On the plane ride home I was really depressed because I thought what a waste of money/time it would be if I didn't get in. Waiting for March was really difficult. I was convinced most of the time that I didn't get it. When I got accepted, I was completely shocked. Honestly, I still feel mostly numb and relieved, which is different than the ecstatic feeling I was expecting. This process takes a lot out of you, and I really admire every one who has applied multiple times. Hang in there, I hope your news is good.

I agree completely with Hobiecat, I had a very similar experience.

Coming out of the interview I felt great. Then I got worried and wondered if I screwed up somehow. I was told 2 weeks between interviews and letters, and 2 weeks is plenty of time to make yourself go crazy - I started to doubt myself too. I would completely agree with feeling numb and relieved instead of ecstatic after being accepted. Instead of running around screaming, it was more like "oh, thank god! phew!" It's quite an emotionally draining, long process. Props to anyone doing it more than once!

Have faith in yourself and don't go crazy waiting! Just try and relax, grab some cheetos, watch a movie. :luck: Nothing you can do about it now, so just breathe and think happy thoughts!

Members don't see this ad :)
OK, kids ... send out the vibes for admission for all your SDN pals. The final process to decide the Class of 2012, and that critical final decision, begins and ends today.

I am wagering letters go out Monday with G-Ville locals getting word Tuesday and others will see news by Wednesday and later if OOS.

I am putting up 1/2 square bale of hay and 0.75 gallons of diesel fuel as my wager. Anyone care to cover that bet?

You know, if the letters are sent out early enough the post office guarantees same-day delivery for in town letters. But Tuesday does seem more reasonable. Of course, if I get a yes, then I'll have to pick between UF and Scotland. :(

UF vs. Scotland ... hmm. I'll give an opinion after the letters come out :D

Follow your gut instinct.

For all you squirrel lovers

ps. NSFW
pps. if you don't love squirrels now, you will after living in the ville.

No pigeons?

We really DO need to get back to productive work ... I am finishing up the OkSU Animal Nutrition course and am going to bang out Animal Science over the next 3 weeks.
:D

Got any other animal gonad songs?

Squirrels??? did someone say squirrels!>!!?!????! :D

I'll bet with you, but not against you. I believe they'll go out Monday as well. I've got almost 3 dozen ducks incubating for my AP biology kids....I'll wager their ducks!!! :D

For all you squirrel lovers

ps. NSFW
pps. if you don't love squirrels now, you will after living in the ville.

Oh my...I finally just watched this. I am frightened. But I can't help laughing because it's completely meaningless. :D

Gonads and stife........ alrighty then !

ps= somebody is a real sicko.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh my...I finally just watched this. I am frightened. But I can't help laughing because it's completely meaningless. :D

Gonads and stife........ alrighty then !

ps= somebody is a real sicko.

For teenagers it IS all about gonads and strife! Great little tune ...

I have the CD - the artist is Albert Christmas Squirrel - it's about 7-8 years old now :laugh:

Keeping fingers & toes crossed for you all!

I have the CD - the artist is Albert Christmas Squirrel - it's about 7-8 years old now :laugh:

Keeping fingers & toes crossed for you all!

It's been that long?! I remember watching the "Gonads and Strife" video in high school... which I guess is just about that long ago now! Wow, how time has flown.

Back on topic, one more week (let's hope)! :luck: I have to remember to not get excited if the letter comes certified. :confused:

Blarg! Now I know the stress is getting to me! I have been watching anime ALL the time since my interview!!! Is it Tuesday yet?

Hopefully it's at least good anime!

Good luck UF people!!

Ah! My Goddess. Not too sure about the good part, but it´s amusing. A devil that dances whenever she hears rock and roll and a goddess that falls asleep to traditional music? Where do these people come up with this stuff?

Is it just me, or is time actually standing still this week?

Is it just me, or is time actually standing still this week?

It is getting ridiculous. I had half of the day off today, and it felt like a month. I wish SDN were down, so I might not think about it so much.

It is getting ridiculous. I had half of the day off today, and it felt like a month. I wish SDN were down, so I might not think about it so much.

I am off today (but banging out 3-4 lessons in Animal Science) and this weekend I get to work 3 straight 12 hour shifts. By the time I get home from work it is too late to worry about anything; this continues until Tuesday when I am off again! So I get Tuesday and Wednesday to haunt SDN and see who got letters (if anyone). I am betting Tuesday is going to be a fun day.

Approximately 96 hours to go, depending on when the mail arrives. Anyone have a stop watch?
tick tock...

No stopwatch. But I have a kitchen timer! Would that work?

Hey,
I'm home with the flu, why not?
Time can't go any slower than this....

If you haven't watched it already take a gander at the "dog swallows whiffer thread" INCREDIBLE!! Vetmed is going to be so exciting!! Human medicine doesn't have anything on that! (at least not as often:D).

*scratches off one more day from the calendar, shuffles downstairs to reset kitchen timer* .... *le sigh* .....

You've Got Mail!

But not today from UF. Maybe tomorrow.

I wish they updated their website, but it seems I can't even remember my password.

I doubt any of us will hear anything today... maybe tomorrow. Unless the dean personally calls people who are accepted? I don't think he does...

I was chatting with one of the docs at work (a UF grad), and she told me that UF has always sent out letters on April 1, no matter what day of the week it fell on (unless it's a Sunday! :scared:

Does anyone know if acceptances come in large or small envelopes and just how concrete do you think that "no calls until Thursday" rule is?

how concrete do you think that "no calls until Thursday" rule is?
What's the "no calls until Thursday" rule?
I'd wait at least until a week from today before calling; Ms. Tonie Henry's not exactly the sweetest lady on the phone.

I was chatting with one of the docs at work (a UF grad), and she told me that UF has always sent out letters on April 1, no matter what day of the week it fell on (unless it's a Sunday! :scared:

Last year the letters were dated 3/30 (the Friday after the Wed. committee meeting) and mailed right afterwards - I got it here on Tuesday (4/3) and it takes 2-3 days to get here from G-Ville; therefore logic dictates it was mailed late on Friday or on Saturday.

Check last year's thread about acceptances and it will clear things up.

Does anyone know if acceptances come in large or small envelopes and just how concrete do you think that "no calls until Thursday" rule is?

I would surmise small. Certified, to establish the fact you did receive it as there is a deadline for a response.

Politeness would dictate the waiting period as the Dean is asking that his staff not be inundated with calls asking where an errant letter may be - give it some time to arrive.

The postal service may deliver come rain or sleet or snow, but the letter carrier does like to eat donuts under a tree and is in no particular hurry to get a letter where it is destined to go.

What's the "no calls until Thursday" rule?
I'd wait at least until a week from today before calling; Ms. Tonie Henry's not exactly the sweetest lady on the phone.

Tonie Henry's always been pleasant and cordial with me.

You should play the lotto. She's always been a plit to me or anyone else I know who has called her. Oh well.

Yes, she can be very unpleasant no matter how nicely you try to initiate the conversation.

So I was REALLY expecting to get my letter today. I live about 30min outside of Gainesville. The mailman drove right past our house and only dropped mail at the mailbox. I practically ran to see if there was a letter in there, but alas, there wasn't. Does the college send them USPS??

The Dean said the last day he would mail them was going to be April 1st. If you didn't get yours, then I guess they were sent today.....one mroe day of waiting!?!?!?

I heard from a few people that they were finished with them and were mailing them out yesterday. That could have changed and instead they were mailed out today but that was the rumor going around yesterday.

I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!

I also live 30 miles outside Gainesville and nothing from the mailman. Can they drag this out any longer!?

I could have sworn they said mailed on Monday receive on Tuesday the 1st.
Did they mean all letters or just acceptances?

I'm going to start crying soon.

I live 8 minutes from the school and 5 minutes from the main post office in g'ville and i got nada! So... either the mailman is going to make a second round later on today... or we get them tomorrow?

The Thursday rule was mentioned by Dr. Vickroy during interviews. No phone calls before the 3rd.

I guess I don't have to skip class Wednesday to go to the post office! Sounds like my letter won't be here before Thursday if Gville didn't even get theirs yet.

I think my iPod was mocking me at the gym today. I was thinking about my Florida letter as I got on the treadmill and the very first song that came on my workout playlist was Hung Up by Madonna. First lyric? "Time goes by.. so slowly"