The Future Of Radiology

Started by Catayst
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I think those CT scans with 3D reconstruct have been around for a lil while now... they are neat, but they're just a 3D representation based off 2D images.

I actually think the future of radiology will get... away from radiation (sounds weird considering the specialty name). MRI and Ultrasound are gaining steam since they can provide good imaging without any radiation, and there's no developing chemicals and hazmat disposal like you have for XR development machines (though digital XR does circumvent that largely).

XR and CT will always have their place - esp in the OR for intra-op, flouro during procedures, or portable images for trauma. Still, ultrasound is pretty good for lower extremity vascular and tendon imaging since there's not much fat under the skin in most people, and, of course, there's really no contraindications, dyes to inject, etc...
 
Yeah I just heard from a MD who says that these CTs have been around for a few years, but this machine was a much improved version (80% less radiation and faster scans). I bet they're gonna be expensive.