The "I hate my XYZ course/professor" Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Isoprop

Fascinating, tell me more
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay kids. This thread is to unite people with a few terrible but required class(es) they are taking that is making their semester/quarter a current nightmare. Greatest sympathies go out to seniors who put off major required classes til spring semester and now are sucking it up. :hardy:

List your current most hated class/professor and lets all count down the days until summer arives.

I'll start with evolution. Midterm is coming up. Boo! :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad.

I hate all my classes. I hate my major. I'm glad I'm graduating.

*Whoo, that felt GOOOOOOD* :p

haha, what's your major?

Members don't see this ad :)
dear chem prof,
i hate you.
go away.
no love,
nonesuchgirl

dear chem lab prof,
god i hate chem lab a lot
the end
nonesuchgirl

dear trig prof,
i'd hate you but you gave me a mid term that took me from 53 to 78. yay.
from,
nonesuchgirl

Both my genetics professors and my development professor sucked hard. The development guy was a botanist and tested us solely on advanced plant embryonic development. Most of the material on our tests was not covered in class or in our books. Total crap. Those are the only truly bad profs I had, though.

Both my genetics professors and my development professor sucked hard. The development guy was a botanist and tested us solely on advanced plant embryonic development. Most of the material on our tests was not covered in class or in our books. Total crap. Those are the only truly bad profs I had, though.

The seed bone's connected to the ovary bone.

I can't stand my micro prof. I am mostly irritated the entire lecture and can't focus on much more than the fact that I am irritated. Luckily, lab is pretty straightforward. Now if only I could get the elusive A on the final....

Zoology. I don't give a crap what family group you belong in. I already know how development occurs. I took a human development course. No, I don't care about the difference between analogy and primitive. No, I don't care to memorize what group I need to place you under. No, I don't care to learn if you have a full digestive system. Yes, I already know birds get horny in the spring. God dang, get me the f' out of this class and graduate already.

college senior at a small liberal arts college.

German and calculus.

German because my teacher will ramble for seriously 30+ minutes about something that nobody cares about and isn't related to learning to speak German and then wonder why we're behind the schedule on the syllabus and tell the class they need to pick up the pace.

Calculus because my teacher shrieks like a banshee at you if you ask a question, takes 2+ months to grade an extra credit assignment that was one paper in length (I think 3 problems), and then will test you on material she never taught in lecture while telling you to study for stuff that she claims will be on the test which never shows up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Conservation Biology. Gayest biology class ever taken. It wasn't the teacher that was bad(she was VERY nice), but all the crap we had to do was ******ed. A huge amount of short papers, plus a research paper which i managed to pull in one day...no joke i started at 8am and finished at 4:50. Yay Procrastination:smuggrin:

Not to mention I had 0 motivation to study for the final, which i completely winged through. No joke, I spent 10 minutes drawing a picture of a wolf...I think I put more effort on that work of art than in any of my test answers.

Holy hell P-chem - the course and the lab. Makes me hate everything and everyone.

Organic II. My prof is a first year teacher and completely oblivious to the world. We haven't learned much of anything, and we have these awful 5 page "quizzes" once a week... they are take home and it takes from the day they are assigned until the following class day to get it done.

Yesterday, the butthole tells us we will have three more of these quizzes and a final. In the next 10 days. I mean, COME ON. I don't mind doing work at all, but if we were being taught it would be a useful tool. Instead, it's just a thorn in my side and hours of my day being taken up trying to google and sitting around with my classmates trying to figure out answers.

I would have to say that at my school, the honors program courses could have been great. However, the professor was always the make-or-break factor of the course. For example, we had a course called Challenges to the Western Tradition. What the professor did was turn it into essentially a forum onto feminism. Grant it, I have no qualms for or against it, I just felt that was the only thing we were talking about and I was not getting anything out of it. We could have possibly talked about politics and science, among others but that never happened. In the end, I think the course has potential, but the professor can either enhance or make it excruciatingly painful.

My physics II teacher is awful. He can't teach. I went to every lecture for 3 or 4 weeks and didn't understand a single thing he said. I had zero idea how to solve any problems that would be on our test. So I read the chapter in the textbook and in literally minutes, understood everything he'd been trying to teach over the last few weeks.

Needless to say, I don't go to lecture anymore. Thank god for the textbook.

physics II...
what the f*** is he talking about for an hour...No its a PREMED coursed WITHOUT calculus I DONT CARE HOW EASY THIS IS WITH CALCULUS AND HOW MUCH U WISH U WERE TEACHING WITH CALC...YOUR NOT GET OVER IT AND TEACH IT TO US STRAIGHT! UGODSUIOGF EAS JIOFWADPSJLF
QPEWASO;EJ; FEWPOAS JLDFOAS.ILFJOEA;ISFLJWEAPOJFOA;IEILHFWAEOI WOFHWHAEK FHEOAI V OIEHAHF ESIKFFUIESH WOIEAFAEOIFV

GENETICS...

I just don't like it. Our prof is very good... I think he is the head of the dept. He's nice funny and helpful, but his tests are a B**CH! I would study almost 2 weeks for an exam and get a 70?!? The curve is ok, but I really can't afford to get a B in the class. Honestly! He gives us a review before an exam which consist of going over the old exam. He then tells us that our exam is going to be just like the practice. Then when it comes time to take the exam, it will be on the most obscure topics that he rushed through or that he barely went over. WTF! I knew I wasn't going to like genetics... I just knew it.

Holy hell P-chem - the course and the lab. Makes me hate everything and everyone.

Haha, oh, I remember pchem, and how horrible it was. Thank God, I am done with my year of that!
I'm done with science courses, which means less work, but a heck of a lot more boring:
My Ag professor wants us to debate and discuss different technologies in the class. I don't think he realizes that for ALL of us it's just a GE and we don't give a flying hoot about anything he's talking about

physics II...
what the f*** is he talking about for an hour...No its a PREMED coursed WITHOUT calculus I DONT CARE HOW EASY THIS IS WITH CALCULUS AND HOW MUCH U WISH U WERE TEACHING WITH CALC...YOUR NOT GET OVER IT AND TEACH IT TO US STRAIGHT! UGODSUIOGF EAS JIOFWADPSJLF
QPEWASO;EJ; FEWPOAS JLDFOAS.ILFJOEA;ISFLJWEAPOJFOA;IEILHFWAEOI WOFHWHAEK FHEOAI V OIEHAHF ESIKFFUIESH WOIEAFAEOIFV

I had my organic teacher for physics too. (Repeat everything I said above, and imagine it every day from August until now).

I second hating western civ. On top of hating my professor, it's a class full of a bunch of freshmen and sophomores whom I don't know since I don't think many of them are science majors. The most annoying thing about my prof is that he says "right" after pretty much every thing he says. He says it, on average, 183 times per 65 min lecture.

I second hating western civ. On top of hating my professor, it's a class full of a bunch of freshmen and sophomores whom I don't know since I don't think many of them are science majors. The most annoying thing about my prof is that he says "right" after pretty much every thing he says. He says it, on average, 183 times per 65 min lecture.

omg! I had that guy for english. 3x/min.

phrases my evolution professor repeats at least 10 times per lecture:

"...in terms of..."

"... to tease apart..."

"i had the privledge of seeing..."

"...is key in understanding..."

i can make a drinking game out of how many times my prof uses these phrases in lecture. ugh.

oh and i love how she says that "plays mom." it's so patronizing. midterm tomorrow. :(

physics II...
what the f*** is he talking about for an hour...No its a PREMED coursed WITHOUT calculus I DONT CARE HOW EASY THIS IS WITH CALCULUS AND HOW MUCH U WISH U WERE TEACHING WITH CALC...YOUR NOT GET OVER IT AND TEACH IT TO US STRAIGHT!

Haha! That sounds EXACTLY like what my physics professor was like last year. I'm so glad I don't have to go to class at 8 in the morning anymore to be bored to death.