Status
Not open for further replies.
got rejected :(
is there no waitlist???

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same. and I'm in state had a September inteview. I'm speechless and heartbroken

Reactions: 1 user
Mine says that they "are unable to offer a provisional acceptance at this time" and they will re-evaluate my application in January.

Same. and I'm in state had a September inteview. I'm speechless and heartbroken
well wether its September or November interview that doesn't matter at Indiana University. They had stated that. They wanted to give everyone pre-December equal chance

Mine says that they "are unable to offer a provisional acceptance at this time" and they will re-evaluate my application in January.

Mine too. I think this is a wait list, so not awful!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

ACCEPTED!

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!!! AHHHH!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Deferred ): hoping for the best

Last edited:
Any oos get accepted?

I'm oos. Maybe only oos applicants are waitlisted?

I got a provisional acceptance. Did anyone else get this? OOS

Reactions: 1 users
"The Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) Admissions Committee recently met to determine the status of all applicants who interviewed this fall for the DDS Class of 2021. We are unable to offer you a provisional acceptance at this time. The maximum number of provisional offers has been met for the Fall of 2016. However, since the committee qualified you as acceptable, we will reevaluate your application along with the Spring interviewees who are deemed acceptable at the final selection meeting in January, 2017."

What should I take from this? Is this a deferral or rejection? I'm OOS

"The Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) Admissions Committee recently met to determine the status of all applicants who interviewed this fall for the DDS Class of 2021. We are unable to offer you a provisional acceptance at this time. The maximum number of provisional offers has been met for the Fall of 2016. However, since the committee qualified you as acceptable, we will reevaluate your application along with the Spring interviewees who are deemed acceptable at the final selection meeting in January, 2017."

Deferral. Will reevaluate in January.

Samesies :sorry: *Hugs* I hope that it all works out! So is this waitlist or deferred?
No, this is not a waitlist it's a maybe. We will get emails again that will say waitlisted or no in January I believe.

At the interview dr. Peterson said a flat out rejection was rare unless the interview went poorly. I didn't think mine went poorly at all ):

At the interview dr. Peterson said a flat out rejection was rare unless the interview went poorly. I didn't think mine went poorly at all ):

Ya it's really hard to go by anything now a days since there are just so many applicants.

Deferral ): so it means more waiting. I got the same thing best of luck!

Rejected. So shocked because I was wait-listed last year and have done many things to improve for this cycle & thought that my interview went way better than last year....I was one of the people who received one of the false-alarm interview invite back in August and then an actual interview invite for Oct/Nov. This application cycle has been all sorts of rollercoasters :/

Rejected. So shocked because I was wait-listed last year and have done many things to improve for this cycle & thought that my interview went way better than last year....I was one of the people who received one of the false-alarm interview invite back in August and then an actual interview invite for Oct/Nov. This application cycle has been all sorts of rollercoasters :/
Are you IS?

deferred until January, does anyone know the chances of acceptance from this point on? I have to make decisions about summer plans.

deferred until January, does anyone know the chances of acceptance from this point on? I have to make decisions about summer plans.
It's pretty 50/50 at this point. I'm in the same boat.

Facebook group?

Was literally just wondering about that, I just wasn't sure if I wanted to be that guy that started it hahaha. I'm in though let's make one

Reactions: 2 users
Was literally just wondering about that, I just wasn't sure if I wanted to be that guy that started it hahaha. I'm in though let's make one
did you make one?

Last edited:
No, this is not a waitlist it's a maybe. We will get emails again that will say waitlisted or no in January I believe.

Is it possible to be accepted in January (after they meet)? or is it either a waitlist or no? A little confused because on last year's thread anyone who was originally deferred and then got in, didn't get accepted until February :(

Is it possible to be accepted in January (after they meet)? or is it either a waitlist or no? A little confused because on last year's thread anyone who was originally deferred and then got in, didn't get accepted until February :(
"The maximum number of provisional offers has been met for the Fall of 2016." So its possible that some provisional offers are still available for January interview/ Deferred students.

Status
Not open for further replies.