The Investment Thread (stocks, bonds, real estate, retirement, just not gold)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
The only problem our economy has is the Fed. They don’t have a feel for the Market, they don’t understand necessary Trade Wars or Strong Dollars or even Democrat Shutdowns over Borders. The Fed is like a powerful golfer who can’t score because he has no touch - he can’t putt!

This man is a complete idiot.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Time to do some Christmas shopping, 19% discount.

Reactions: 1 user
Today's the day my biweekly Roth IRA buy goes through, so I got that going for me, lol.

We are in full on bear market now.

I wondered how I would take my first major correction. A lot better than I thought. I'm not panicking at all. In fact, I just want to buy the discount.

Today's the day my biweekly Roth IRA buy goes through, so I got that going for me, lol.

We are in full on bear market now.

I wondered how I would take my first major correction. A lot better than I thought. I'm not panicking at all. In fact, I just want to buy the discount.

People are not scared yet until they start to worry about losing their job. That is when reality hits the fan.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Earlier this year in July I converted my TSP to 80% cash when the SP was around 2800. I saw the resistance was around 2800 as it dipped in this range in Feb, March, and June. Once it got back to 2800 in July I converted to 80% cash. This past friday when it fell 18% from ATH, I converted some back to common stock and small cap stock. So right now, I'm 40% cash, 30% common stock, 15% small cap, 15% international. If the SP falls <2200, I'll be 50% common stock, 30% small cap, 20% international.

I'll see how it goes.

Speaking of phones...a great deal on a Motorola X4 available right now.

4GB ram, 32GB storage with MicroSD slot expansion, headphone jack, 3000mAh battery, USB-C, IP68 waterproof, fingerprint sensor, NFC, AndroidOne, compatible with all 4 major carriers.

$165 after you apply the $25 coupon. That's a solid phone for a great price.

MotoX4 XT1900-1 32GB Smartphone (Unlocked, Android One, Super Black)

Earlier this year in July I converted my TSP to 80% cash when the SP was around 2800. I saw the resistance was around 2800 as it dipped in this range in Feb, March, and June. Once it got back to 2800 in July I converted to 80% cash. This past friday when it fell 18% from ATH, I converted some back to common stock and small cap stock. So right now, I'm 40% cash, 30% common stock, 15% small cap, 15% international. If the SP falls <2200, I'll be 50% common stock, 30% small cap, 20% international.

I'll see how it goes.

6.5% decline and we will hit 2200...that is almost the level when Trump got elected.

What is going to happen when it is a full trade war? When corporations need to pay back its huge debt? When the government needs to borrow $1T annually?

Why do you seem so happy it keeps going down?

I'm happy because this is aligning perfectly with my retirement. You? No idea.

Because I didn’t get greedy. I was right about the market and it has saved me a lot of money.

Yeah right..it was just a few days ago when you wanted the market to rally. Now you are happy it didn’t? Give me a break

Because I didn’t get greedy. I was right about the market and it has saved me a lot of money.

Yeah right..it was just a few days ago when you wanted the market to rally. Now you are happy it didn’t? Give me a break

You keep saying you made the right call but don't explain what you did. How much money did you move? Don't be calling me out if you aren't going to explain yourself. You guys all do that but when someone asks you, nothing.

Obviously I'd rather we continue going up but my retirement is perfectly aligning with a new bull market.

You keep saying you made the right call but don't explain what you did. How much money did you move? Don't be calling me out if you aren't going to explain yourself. You guys all do that but when someone asks you, nothing.

Obviously I'd rather we continue going up but my retirement is perfectly aligning with a new bull market.

You don’t know how to search?

ImageUploadedBySDN1545850905.054817.jpg

ImageUploadedBySDN1545850916.884771.jpg

The first rule of investing is not to lose money. Second rule is to read the first rule.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my ~2% quarterly dividend yesterday :boom:

You don’t know how to search?

View attachment 245281

View attachment 245282

The first rule of investing is not to lose money. Second rule is to read the first rule.

That doesn't answer anything. So you moved money or added new money? What about the other million or so?

Who doesn't have at least some money in real estate, gold, etc?

I also like how my 200k trading account is nothing but 165k is a lot apparently.

That doesn't answer anything. So you moved money or added new money? What about the other million or so?

Who doesn't have at least some money in real estate, gold, etc?

I also like how my 200k trading account is nothing but 165k is a lot apparently.

You are just a big talker. I thought you had more than 200 k! It is probably 160 k now.

Didn’t you brag about being a multimillionaire? Down 40 k for someone like you is nothing!

You guys make me feel poor. I was down over 9k on Monday, after today down 7k. I only had 65k invested in taxable acct.

You are just a big talker. I thought you had more than 200 k! It is probably 160 k now.

Didn’t you brag about being a multimillionaire? Down 40 k for someone like you is nothing!

What part of trading account don't you understand? Don't come here acting like you know what you're doing if it's only 160k. Why didn't you move everything if you knew you were sure?

That has nothing to do with 401k, ira, index funds etc. That's where my millions are at. I've been a pharmacy manager for 18 years, you do the math. My wife and my 401k alone has combined over a million.

Last edited:
What part of trading account don't you understand? Don't come here acting like you know what you're doing if it's only 160k. Why didn't you move everything if you knew you were sure?

That has nothing to do with 401k, ira, index funds etc. That's where my millions are at. I've been a pharmacist for 18 years, you do the math. My wife and my 401k alone has combined over a million.

Losing money sucks huh? This old guy can’t retire now.

Losing money sucks huh? This old guy can’t retire now.

I take it by your response that rest of your investments are in the market so you are in the same boat as everyone else

Would you two just kiss already?!

Reactions: 7 users
Would you two just kiss already?!

Hey if someone is going to constantly call people out they better be able to take it themselves.

There's a reason why I don't post any stocks on here anymore, everyone only looks at your misses

Last edited:
Hey if someone is going to constantly call people out they better be able to take it themselves.

There's a reason why I don't post any stocks on here anymore, everyone only looks at your misses

I like to mock you because you have been wrong over and over again but you kept on going. I am pretty sure you loss a boat load of money this year. Do yourself a favor and stop already.

Wrong:

ImageUploadedBySDN1545938441.225933.jpg

Wrong again:

ImageUploadedBySDN1545938485.063795.jpg

He kept on playing his greatest hits:

ImageUploadedBySDN1545938523.491668.jpg

Go ahead...you can have the last word!

Last edited:
You guys make me feel poor. I was down over 9k on Monday, after today down 7k. I only had 65k invested in taxable acct.
You gotta start somewhere. With dual income rph household, you gonna catch up to me quick. I'm down my whole year salary from our peak. So, NW took a dip below 2M. It's still 30 yr til I turn 65. A blip of my investment period. Come at me, bear market :-D I still have $200k abroad safely tuck in Indonesia earning 10%; I wanna put that to work if we go down 30-40%.

People here are just bullsh1ting, take it with a zero grain of salt of what they say.

The only one being real is pezdispenser, WVU, you, and express scripts. They said how much they loss and in general are being very consistent on what they are doing. Sometimes they posted a screen shot what their trades were. The rest is having a sword fight with their epeen, never admit wrong. Always want to be right and post their winning trades only. Just ignore those peeps.

You gotta start somewhere. With dual income rph household, you gonna catch up to me quick. I'm down my whole year salary from our peak. So, NW took a dip below 2M. It's still 30 yr til I turn 65.

Yeah you claimed to have $2M but no girl wants you!

His daddy and mommy sent him to the U.S to study and they paid for his pharmacy tuition. He didn’t start with nothing. Now he is telling people, “you gotta start somewhere”?

I like to mock you because you have been wrong over and over again but you kept on going. I am pretty sure you loss a boat load of money this year. Do yourself a favor and stop already.

Wrong:

View attachment 245377

Wrong again:

View attachment 245378

He kept on playing his greatest hits:

View attachment 245379

Go ahead...you can have the last word!

I'm not wrong until I sell and I don't plan on doing that. I'm just getting to buy cheaper and cheaper. There's nothing wrong with buying on the way down. Did I want to get out at one point and wait? Yes but I decided against that since I didn't need to do that anymore. We'll be retiring on the next run up. Don't worry about my family, we'll be retired in our 50s.

So again, what about the rest? Are you all cash?

I'm not wrong until I sell and I don't plan on doing that. I'm just getting to buy cheaper and cheaper. There's nothing wrong with buying on the way down. Did I want to get out at one point and wait? Yes but I decided against that since I didn't need to do that anymore. We'll be retiring on the next run up. Don't worry about my family, we'll be retired in our 50s.

So again, what about the rest? Are you all cash?

Do you think Warren Buffet went all cash before the 2008 recession? He held on to the good stocks and had a boat load of cash to buy stocks for cheap. I am no buffet but if it works for him, that is good enough for me!

Yeah you claimed to have $2M but no girl wants you!

His daddy and mommy sent him to the U.S to study and they paid for his pharmacy tuition. He didn’t start with nothing. Now he is telling people, “you gotta start somewhere”?

Sound like you are jealous I got no loan bro :)

I don't have that $2M anymore thanks for the bear market!

Do you think Warren Buffet went all cash before the 2008 recession? He held on to the good stocks and had a boat load of cash to buy stocks for cheap. I am no buffet but if it works for him, that is good enough for me!

Alright don't say but stop knocking others if you aren't willing to say your allocations.

Actually "by 2019" means anytime before then, right? Not until Dec 31st, 2019?

Although that is mostly nit-picking. Some of your predictions are a little on the vague side (as any good fortune tellers predictions are - what does "closing in" even mean?) but overall good job. Does the oracle want to enlighten us on what 2019 will bring?

Actually "by 2019" means anytime before then, right? Not until Dec 31st, 2019?

Although that is mostly nit-picking. Some of your predictions are a little on the vague side (as any good fortune tellers predictions are - what does "closing in" even mean?) but overall good job. Does the oracle want to enlighten us on what 2019 will bring?

Let’s say I have positioned myself to do well if the stock market recovered but to do perhaps even better if the stock market crashes depending on how I play my cards. Of course I would rather see the stock market recovered because the last recession was so painful to many people.

Alright this looks fun. I won't remember this come 2020 but here are my predictions:

Electric vehicle sales explode. Tesla will remain the front runner but Toyota and other brands will start trying to seriously close the gap. The Tesla Supercharging network will not remain exclusive to Teslas. Chargepoint and other third party chargers will be almost as ubiquitous as gas stations are now.

The MCU superheroes will be restored. Disney will continue to consume entertainment properties and come closer to becoming The One.

The government shutdown will have ended with both sides taking credit for ending the shutdown and blaming the other for causing it. Rinse and repeat ad nauseam this time next year.

Both criminal charges for Trump and a border wall will continue to be fantasies of their respective political parties.

We all know what's happening in pharmacy so I am not going to make many predictions there. Retail pharmacies and pharmacies in general will continue to feel the squeeze and market forces will drive down the general pharmacists market.

Bitcoins drop starting in dec 2017. So any prediction of Bitcoin going up was wrong. I don't care of you corrected it later. Still wrong. You are awarded zero points.

Bitcoins drop starting in dec 2017. So any prediction of Bitcoin going up was wrong. I don't care of you corrected it later. Still wrong. You are awarded zero points.

It is OK to be wrong but it is not OK to keep on being wrong.

For those of you buying the dip, what are you buying? Energy and Tech are starting to look attractive at these levels.

Sold out of my gbtc position today. It's moving too much away from Bitcoin movement this month. Will get in after a correction. Its up over 300% in the past 3 months alone.

Need I remind someone who actually called Bitcoin top in December. No I never got back in.

Also FBI isn't closing in on Trump

While my salary was frozen it didn't technically get cut (sure you could say inflation but that isn't what people mean when they say cut) Also the freeze didn't start this year.

Bitcoin didn't go up

Everyone knew interest rates would continue to go up

Talks of a slow down occur every year can you really take credit for something that was being said five years ago? How about predicting an actual slow down?

Obviously the CVS thing was wrong

So other then good timing on the market seeing as we were up like 8% at one point, was anything correct?

Absolutely nothing changes.

Also my prediction was spot on, nothing has changed.

Last edited:
Come up with an off the wall prediction.

How about this -- It will be discovered that Bitcoin was heavily manipulated by Russian state actors in 2017. They activated the same botnet used to create fake news in America during the 2016 election to increase the values of cryptocurrencies via a massive influence campaign. Meanwhile, this allowed them to avoid banking sanctions and this sophisticated money laundering worked as a means to repatriate their wealth back into Russia. I don't think it's a coincidence that the same people that fell into the right winged disinformation bubble are generally the same ones that went crazy for crypto from early to mid 2017 that led to the bubble and crash.

Market up 4% over the last 5 days, hope no one is missing out.