The King of Waitlists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

robertcpaulson

lol wut
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hay guyz, I've interviewed at 6 schools, have been waitlisted at 5 of them, and expect to hear from the 6th school on Friday. Am I the King of Waitlists?

List of Schoolz:
DCOM
PCOM-GA
LECOM-Br
Western
Touro-CA

Members don't see this ad.

Hay guyz, I've interviewed at 6 schools, have been waitlisted at 5 of them, and expect to hear from the 6th school on Friday. Am I the King of Waitlists?

List of Schoolz:
DCOM
PCOM-GA
LECOM-Br
Western
Touro-CA

I got into 2 of these schools straight away, so I think you'll be fine. :)

Members don't see this ad :)

List of Schoolz:
DCOM
PCOM-GA
LECOM-Br
Western
Touro-CA

Its probably because you are the king of the slackers and waited last minute to apply.:thumbup:

:confused: Yea, that makes PERFECT sense...:rolleyes:

OP: Did you apply late? If so, I would imagine that is why you are on so many waitlists. I think that DCOM will be taking a lot of people off of the waitlist, so maybe I will see you there. I think that you will get off at least one of those. GOOD LUCK!!!!:luck: :luck: :luck:

Oh...Riker, Riker, Riker.......I can see will still have a ways to go. I want so bad to like you as a fellow trekkie. Sometimes you get it right, this wasn't one of them.

Here's some hopefully helpful advice.

1) If you applied late than that's probably the main reason as most classes have already been formulated and you are competing for a handful of seats.

2) If you applied early or even semi-late, you may want to look closely at your application/interviews and try to patch up any possible weaknesses. If you look great on paper (good gpa/mcat/ec/lor) than you may get a second opinion on your interviewing skills and see if you are saying anything that may set off some red flags.

Take solace in the fact that you are not alone and that many people end up in med school by getting off waitlists. Keep your fingers crossed but prepare for the next cycle too. Good luck :luck:

Oops, I think my word-choice was bad. :oops:
To the first-poster: I meant that many people do get into these schools and a waitlist doesn't mean you're out of the race, my friend.

I submitted my primary application in mid-December. Yeah, I like to think I'd have already been accepted if I had applied earlier. My GPA is high, my MCAT is above average, and many of the interviewers told me that I interview well and they were going to recommend me. I guess the lesson is apply early...but the question is: am I THE WAITLIST KING?
47bq5qg.jpg

LOL! Yes, you may in fact be....THE WAITLIST KING!!!!:laugh: :bow:

I hope it works out for you!:) :luck:

I guess the lesson is apply early...but the question is: am I THE WAITLIST KING?

Well, so far, I don't see any challengers, at least among D.O. candidates. Someone over in the allo forum has 10 waitlists...but you know how they are, they're going to want to keep one-upping each other. One of them will probably say they have 131 waitlists (exceeding the total number of US allopathic schools.) ;)

All told, I've been on 4 waitlists in this cycle and one has turned into an acceptance.

(which is why I identify myself as a Waitlist Warrior and not the King.)

List of Schoolz:
DCOM
PCOM-GA
LECOM-Br
Western
Touro-CA

I am on the same boat as you. Still waiting to hear from the 6th school which will probably be another waitlist. So you're not the King yet.

yeah you win. i'm waitlisted at pcom-ga, lecom-br, and pcsom. and i'm waiting to hear back from touro-ny and dcom.

Members don't see this ad :)
i just got my 4th waitlist today and waiting to hear back from one more school. i'm gaining on you. i want to claim waitlist queen status!

i just got my 4th waitlist today and waiting to hear back from one more school. i'm gaining on you. i want to claim waitlist queen status!

WAITLIST QUEEN!?!!!?
3yx52k9.jpg

Was your 4th for DCOM or Touro-NY? Let us know if you get that 5th waitlist. I should be getting my 6th on Friday.

4th was from dcom

Good luck you guys..stay positive and keep in touch with the schools..remember it's not over until it's over..:luck:

4th was from dcom

Ugh lala, sorry to hear about your additional waitlist. I can't imagine your frustration x's 4... I know we're both waiting to hear from Lecom-B and it's killing me... I just looked over my saved emails and realized that they're not reviewing files again til the week of May 21st... :eek:

Hang in there... you know, I'm really thinking that one of your waitlists will come through for you. And yes, you are still in the game x4. Keep following up with your apps and fight for your spots!!

Sup guyz? Well, I've officially been waitlisted for the 6th time....or at least I think I have been. On Friday, I received an email from the school that said I had been placed on the waitlist. I called the school and asked the admissions director if he could give me any info as to why I was waitlisted rather than accepted, and he said I had told the interviewers something during my interview that really made them question if I was right for the school. WTF?!?!? He said I'd be receiving a letter in the mail that would explain further. So today I went down to my mailbox, looked inside, and saw that the letter had arrived. Little did I know I was about to receive the shock of my life. I opened the envelope as fast as I could and started reading the letter. It turns out that my mom got scared, she said "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air."

I whistled for a cab and when it came near, the license plate said "FRESH" and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I can say that this cab was rare, but I thought "Nah, forget it - Yo, home to Bel-Air!"

I pulled up to a house about 7 or 8, and I yelled to the cabbie "Yo homes, smell ya later!" Looked at my kingdom, I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel-Air.

62itkc8.jpg

No, but seriously, I'm now on 6 waitlists. Good luck to all the other waitlisters.

Did they tell you what they didn't like? (I'm not asking specifics, just if they told you)

Ugh lala, sorry to hear about your additional waitlist. I can't imagine your frustration x's 4... I know we're both waiting to hear from Lecom-B and it's killing me... I just looked over my saved emails and realized that they're not reviewing files again til the week of May 21st... :eek:

Hang in there... you know, I'm really thinking that one of your waitlists will come through for you. And yes, you are still in the game x4. Keep following up with your apps and fight for your spots!!

thanks fabu1ous, i appreciate your sentiment!:) although i'm running out of ways to keep letting the schools know i'm interested!
i'm rooting for you and bradenton! let's hope we get good news after the 21st!!:luck:

thanks fabu1ous, i appreciate your sentiment!:) although i'm running out of ways to keep letting the schools know i'm interested!
i'm rooting for you and bradenton! let's hope we get good news after the 21st!!:luck:

Just periodically keep sending information and/or intent letters to the schools. Hopefully you end up somewhere. Good luck, feel free to PM me for anything.

thanks dr. i, i've sent some questions your way:)

Well, so far, I don't see any challengers, at least among D.O. candidates. Someone over in the allo forum has 10 waitlists...but you know how they are, they're going to want to keep one-upping each other. One of them will probably say they have 131 waitlists (exceeding the total number of US allopathic schools.) ;)

This must be the most witty response I've read.

This must be the most witty response I've read.

You've been deprived then. :laugh:

Sup guyz? Well, I've officially been waitlisted for the 6th time....or at least I thought I had been. On Friday, I received an email from the school that said I had been placed on the waitlist. I called the school and asked the admissions director if he could give me any info as to why I was waitlisted and not accepted, and he said that I had told the interviewers something during the interview which really made them question if I was right for the school. WTF?!?!? He said I'd be receiving a letter in the mail that would explain further. So today I went down to my mailbox, and the letter was there. Little did I know I was about to receive the shock of my life. I opened the letter as fast as I could, started reading, and my mom got scared, she said "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air."

I whistled for a cab and when it came near, the license plate said "FRESH" and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I can say that this cab was rare, but I thought "Nah, forget it - Yo, home to Bel-Air!"

I pulled up to a house about 7 or 8, and I yelled to the cabbie "Yo homes, smell ya later!" Looked at my kingdom, I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel-Air.

62itkc8.jpg

No, but seriously, I'm now on 6 waitlists. Good luck to all the other waitlisters.

Hilarious!!!:laugh:

These stories get me kinda worried not gonna lie.

lala and fabulous, keep me posted on your status at bradenton. I'm also waitlisted and dying to go there! I hope we'll all be classmates come fall!

These stories get me kinda worried not gonna lie.

Only worry if you have a low GPA, low MCAT, and not many ECs ... oh, and you stutter in your interviews ...

Only worry if you have a low GPA, low MCAT, and not many ECs ... oh, and you stutter in your interviews ...

I do have a low GPA. 3.1 something by the end. Sux, but I gotta find a way to sell it or have them overlook it somehow

Is it just me, or am I having the darndest time gettin in touch with anyone at L-B? I even get the receptionist's voicemail-- sheesh.

I think Dr. I is right to send letters... it may be the only way to get through. I know they're probably really busy, I guess I'm just getting frustrated and anxious...