The Late Applicants Support Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed a lot of threads popping up about applying too late, and thought we could use a support club. Remember, SDN represents a premium sample of applicants, and (even though it may seem like it) the entire application pool does not apply in June. We may have a disadvantage compared to early applicants but its the end of the world. So join up if you're stressing, and lets make each other feel better.

My name is 215, and I'm a September applicant.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
fingers crossed I guess

Reactions: 1 user
When did you guys apply and what do your stats look like?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also will have a complete application in September... (DAT scores have yet to be uploaded -_-") really nervous!!!

oGPA: 3.60, sGPA: 3.45
TS: 22
AA: 21

That's a lot better than mine!
oGPA: 3.49 sGPA: 3.42
TS: 21
AA: 20
PAT: 20
1000+ Shadow/working hours, lots of extracurriculars
Applied to 16 schools now, application is supposed to be mailed out: 9/12/14 which is 13th batch

oGPA; 3.45 sGPA 3.35
TS: 20
AA: 21
PAT: 22

Application is supposed to be mailed out on the 12th as well.

That's a lot better than mine!
oGPA: 3.49 sGPA: 3.42
TS: 21
AA: 20
PAT: 20
1000+ Shadow/working hours, lots of extracurriculars
Applied to 16 schools now, application is supposed to be mailed out: 9/12/14 which is 13th batch

Have any schools contacted you yet? Two emailed me last week even though AADSAS is telling my application isn't being mailed out until tomorrow.

Hopefully more to come! And 6 are under review right now on adea

Another late applicant here. Just took my DAT today (AA: 21, TS: 21, PAT: 19, both GPA 3.9+). Application was submitted in August. I think I am going to call each school to see if they accept unofficial score. o_O

I hope we can all make it since our stats are not bad. :)

Mine's mailing out tomorrow with a 19 DAT/3.56 oGPA/3.38 sGPA, let's hope!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to 8. MWU-AZ, Colorado, UNLV, UMKC, NYU, Creighton, USC and Tufts

Another late applicant here. Just took my DAT today (AA: 21, TS: 21, PAT: 19, both GPA 3.9+). Application was submitted in August. I think I am going to call each school to see if they accept unofficial score. o_O

I hope we can all make it since our stats are not bad. :)
I wouldn't be worrying at all with that GPA. Good job.

Also a late applicant but seems like I'm later than most of you guys. I only e-submitted yesterday...:(. Might be a while before my apps get mailed out. I have pretty goods stats though (24 AA, 25 TS, 25 PAT, 3.6 GPA) so I'm crossing my fingers! I would be satisfied with going in-state at Rutgers, but I am applying to 13 schools.

Also a late applicant but seems like I'm later than most of you guys. I only e-submitted yesterday...:(. Might be a while before my apps get mailed out. I have pretty goods stats though (24 AA, 25 TS, 25 PAT, 3.6 GPA) so I'm crossing my fingers! I would be satisfied with going in-state at Rutgers, but I am applying to 13 schools.
With those DAT scores, I wouldn't be stressing. Good luck!

Samesies!
Submitted late August and mail-out date was September. I applied to 12 schools.

Anyone working on supplementals? I have 3 to go :((

sGPA : 3.37
oGPA : 3.40
TS24 AA 24 PAT 17
Mail-out Date : 9/5 ish

I see acknowledgements on AADSAS, but no interviews from anywhere. I know it's too soon to be expecting it since I am a late applicant..

Any encouragements? Anyone who applied as late as I did and received an interview?
I am pulling my hair!

Samesies!

supplementals weren't all that bad, all the money I had to pay was pretty significant.
I applied to generous number of schools and AADSAS fee alone was $1919 and probably another 6~700 for the supplementals.
EEK!

Hi everyone,
My first post...is submitting the application in December (talk about late:() tooooo late? Should I wait until next year's cycle? Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. *extremely worried*:watching::sorry:
Thank you so much!

Hi everyone,
My first post...is submitting the application in December (talk about late:() tooooo late? Should I wait until next year's cycle? Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. *extremely worried*:watching::sorry:
Thank you so much!
Not to discourage you but I would say its better to wait for the next cycle! Have everything ready to submit your app in June. In that case you did your self a huge favor. You saved money as well as you have a great chance of getting in to your desired school! Just my piece of advice !

Samesies!

Have two left. Waiting on one school to contact me and working on writing the essays for the other.

Hi everyone,
Thank you so much!
What are your stats?

Can you guys tell me how long did it take for AADSAS to calculate your GPA and to mail the application to dental schools? I've submitted mine on Sep 9th and wanna c how long approximately I should wait! Thanks :)

Can you guys tell me how long did it take for AADSAS to calculate your GPA and to mail the application to dental schools? I've submitted mine on Sep 9th and wanna c how long approximately I should wait! Thanks :)
I submitted August 26th, GPA was verified the next week, and my app was mailed September 12th.

I submitted August 26th, GPA was verified the next week, and my app was mailed September 12th.
I had this exact time frame, so it's probably a good gauge

I just realized I submitted in July, finished the supplementals and everything, but my DAT was in late August, and my scores JUST (finally!) uploaded on Friday night... so I'm still a late applicant, right? B/C my application is just now complete. Btw when should I be receiving an interview?! Lol. Desperately want NYU :scared:

I'm hoping this is the case for me as well. I e-submitted 9/11 so I hope my GPA gets verified at least by this week.

Just got an email from NYU stating that: "Application Complete and Under Review"

I hope I get my other 3 schools soon! >.>

mailed out on the 5th! 3.5GPA and 19 DAT, Lets see what happens :)

Just got an email from NYU stating that: "Application Complete and Under Review"

I hope I get my other 3 schools soon! >.>
Whats your status under school decisions in AADSAS for NYU? I got that email but nothing in AADSAS.

I'm a sept applicant as well... Not going too good bc I'm retaking the DAT... And my motivation is really short :(

Whats your status under school decisions in AADSAS for NYU? I got that email but nothing in AADSAS.
NYU doesn't use the portal, they say it in the email

NYU doesn't use the portal, they say it in the email

hate school that doesn't use portal and keep you in the dark..
but then again, it might be a nice surprise when you suddenly get a phone call or snail mail

hate school that doesn't use portal and keep you in the dark..
but then again, it might be a nice surprise when you suddenly get a phone call or snail mail
Yea it's a pain considering I check the portal about eight times a day.

E-submit: 08/23
Delivery date: 09/12 (13th batch)

GPAs: 3.81
GPAo: 3.28
Arrests: 1.0

22 TS
21 AA
21 PAT

I put a lot of effort into my PS, LORs, etc.-- trying to give schools as many reasons as I could to ignore the black eye on my app.

12 schools. We'll see. :-\

Good luck everybody!

Last edited:
E submitted 8/21 mail out date 9/5
3.42 science
3.45non science
Pat 17
Ts20
Aa18 =(
14 schools

How late am I ? Good luck to everyone!

I think I'm a slightly less traditional applicant.
Delivery date: 9/12 (13th batch)

22 TS
21 AA
21 PAT

I put a lot of effort into the quality of my PS, LORs, ECs, shadowing, and research -- trying to give schools as many reasons as I could to ignore the black eye on my app.

Good luck. If the arrest was a long time ago you should be good. Stay out of trouble lol in the mean time.

I'm a sept applicant as well... Not going too good bc I'm retaking the DAT... And my motivation is really short :(
Hang in there bro!!! Lol what are your stats I might need a retake too. I got a 18 aa 20ts 17 pat

I think I'm a slightly less traditional applicant.

E-submit: 08/23
Delivery date: 09/12 (13th batch)

22 TS
21 AA
21 PAT

I put a lot of effort into my PS, LORs, etc.-- trying to give schools as many reasons as I could to ignore the black eye on my app.

Good luck everybody!

arrests : 1.0

that was pretty funny

Reactions: 3 users
first invite!!!

NOVA, virginia resident, 3.37, 3.40
24AA 24 tS 17 PAT
mail out date : 9/5 ish.
Non-traditional student who's been out of school long!!

Keep it rolling!

Last edited:
first invite!!!

24AA 24 tS 17 PAT
Non-traditional student who's been out of school long!
Keep it rolling!

That was fast, congrats!

first invite!!!

24AA 24 tS 17 PAT
Non-traditional student who's been out of school long!!

Keep it rolling!
Congrats! I received a phone call from them yesterday but it was just a fake out saying they received my app and would be reviewing it. Got my hopes up when I saw Davie, FL on my caller ID. Did you get a phone call like that and if so, when?

Congrats! I received a phone call from them yesterday but it was just a fake out saying they received my app and would be reviewing it. Got my hopes up when I saw Davie, FL on my caller ID. Did you get a phone call like that and if so, when?

yeah I got that phone call too 3~4 days ago and I too also got my hopes up only to find out that it was a courtesy call. Apparently they didn't take that long to review the application and send out an interview, so hopefully you will get something by this week or next.

Last edited:
I'm hoping this is the case for me as well. I e-submitted 9/11 so I hope my GPA gets verified at least by this week.

GPA verified today! Pretty surprised they did it in 4 business days. I submitted the two supplementals that I can (BU, Penn) so now I am playing the waiting game for more supplementals and hopefully invites.