You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The list of respected DO Schools
Started by bluecabinet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Rocky Vista.
Would appreciate some sincere responses...kkk thanks..🙄
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would appreciate some sincere responses...kkk thanks..🙄
You seem to know which ones not to apply to so why don't you use some logic and extrapolate the list from that.
Most of them are respectable and the difference in deciding to which to apply will depend on other factors. For example MSU is a great DO school, but is almost pointless to apply to as a non-Michigan resident. Likewise is the case with UMDNJ. Similarly OUCOM is a great school, but will require you serve in Ohio for 5 years either during an AOA residency of after an ACGME residency. Another important topic is environment, KCOM may be the best DO school, but it is rural and not for everyone. Likewise NSU is good but Florida humidity may be poison to you.
Get my drift?
Get my drift?
Many will tell you that the older the school, the better reputation it will have. For example, KCOM, CCOM, DMU, etc. However, newer schools are also turning out fine doctors into great residency.
There aren't any real rankings for DO schools (princeton review, newsweek, us news etc.)
so you are really asking for peoples opinion
schools that were around longer tend to have the higher reps,
so you are really asking for peoples opinion
schools that were around longer tend to have the higher reps,
I want to know which DO schools are well respected in the community so I can decided where to apply.
I don't care about the ranking too much per se..I just want to know what the consensus is which DO schools are worthy of applying..
Thanks!
This is a bad question and you should feel bad.
Is this for real? I kind of feel like you're joking/trolling
if you are for real, all of them are worthy of your application (they have been accredited)
Now, do you want help making a good list of schools you have a chance at? Give us your stats, including ECs, your residency status and you may get some sincere answers
Would appreciate some sincere responses...kkk thanks..🙄
Wow racist much? Obvious Troll thread.
Wow racist much? Obvious Troll thread.
yeah, good catch...Freudian slip much OP?
not necessarily racist. i've seen people say "k/kk/kkk/kkkk thanks" in texts and on twitter.
(don't tell OP, but its just a joke...trolling a troll, as it were)
(don't tell OP, but its just a joke...trolling a troll, as it were)
yep, i agree it's a troll.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DMU is the only respectable school. Fact.
DMU is the only respectable school. Fact.
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica
But which bear is best? I must know so I don't choose to go to the unworthy one 😕
But which bear is best? I must know so I don't choose to go to the unworthy one 😕
well, there are mainly two schools of thought...
I want to know which DO schools are well respected in the community so I can decided where to apply.
I don't care about the ranking too much per se..I just want to know what the consensus is which DO schools are worthy of applying..
Thanks!
Pikesville. Oh, and SGU.
well, there are mainly two schools of thought...
Wrong. Black bear.
😛
DMU is the only respectable school. Fact.
Truth.
4
411309
Most of them are respectable and the difference in deciding to which to apply will depend on other factors. For example MSU is a great DO school, but is almost pointless to apply to as a non-Michigan resident. Likewise is the case with UMDNJ. Similarly OUCOM is a great school, but will require you serve in Ohio for 5 years either during an AOA residency of after an ACGME residency. Another important topic is environment, KCOM may be the best DO school, but it is rural and not for everyone. Likewise NSU is good but Florida humidity may be poison to you.
Get my drift?
lol florida humidity is not bad at all 😵. the weather is actually usually pretty nice, and the area around nova is super nice.
🙄DMU is the only respectable school. Fact.
DMU is the only respectable school. Fact.
Because of that DMU is my top choice 😀
Ha racist troll is racist.
HAHAHAHAHAHA! You have the best responses.
PCOM. Oh, and PCOM. :-D
D
deleted103644
the list
==============
==============
the list
==============
Let me preface this post by saying that I have no problem with you or your opinions. I'm curious though why you spend so much time in the pre-DO forum when you have such an aversion for DO schools and the DO philosophy.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted103644
Let me preface this post by saying that I have no problem with you or your opinions. I'm curious though why you spend so much time in the pre-DO forum when you have such an aversion for DO schools and the DO philosophy.
Sorry, it was hard to resist (and that post was in jest).
For some reason you guys post more than most of the other forums, so you appear in my Unread section more frequently.
Sorry, it was hard to resist (and that post was in jest).
For some reason you guys post more than most of the other forums, so you appear in my Unread section more frequently.
Yea, this forum is significantly more active than pre-md. Great for getting advice and learning about the process considering pre-DO/pre-MD aren't much different in terms of timeline and things that need to be done.
D
deleted103644
Yea, this forum is significantly more active than pre-md. Great for getting advice and learning about the process considering pre-DO/pre-MD aren't much different in terms of timeline and things that need to be done.
Do you guys use AMCAS too? Or something else?
D
deleted103644
Also, I really bear no ill will towards people who go the DO route. I just think it should be merged and that OMM shouldn't be taught.
do you guys use amcas too? Or something else?
aacomas.
Also, I really bear no ill will towards people who go the DO route. I just think it should be merged and that OMM shouldn't be taught.
Oh I know, I've seen you make that point before.
D
deleted103644
Oh I know, I've seen you make that point before.
Yeah, sorry, don't want to derail this thread. 🙂
MSUCOM blows other DO schools out of the water and considering it has some of the best AOA residencies in the country, I think that it is worth going to even if your put of state. Big ten campuses are fun!
Yeah, sorry, don't want to derail this thread. 🙂
yeah, how dare you. This was a very serious discussion about...wait, what did OP ask?
never mind, carry on JD...this post needs you!
#somethreadsdeservetrolling
😉
D
deleted103644
MSUCOM blows other DO schools out of the water and considering it has some of the best AOA residencies in the country, I think that it is worth going to even if your put of state. Big ten campuses are fun!
Yeah, if you can stomach the OMM, the MSU DO program is essentially on par with the MD ones.
Yeah, if you can stomach the OMM, the MSU DO program is essentially on par with the MD ones.
Honestly I don't think it is a better school than any of the original 5 schools. It just has a billion affiliated residencies so they can match 15 people into ortho every year.
Honestly I don't think it is a better school than any of the original 5 schools. It just has a billion affiliated residencies so they can match 15 people into ortho every year.
Must be nice to live in Mich.. or be willing to pay $80k for tuition.
Yeah, if you can stomach the OMM, the MSU DO program is essentially on par with the MD ones.
I think there are like 3 or 4 DO schools on par with MD.
MSUCOM (the best)
OUCOM (a bit less so, but great if you stay in Ohio)
CCOM (lots of hospitals and they have 83 percent first choice match rate)
Maybe DMU or Pcom
These schools seem to be very respected and have hospital connections on par with MD schools
UMDNJ should also be included here.
All the DO schools (less RVU, since for profit seems to overshadow medicine itself) are worthwhile. The best DO school is the one YOU like/feel best at. The end!
KCUMB Class of 2016
KCUMB Class of 2016
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think there are like 3 or 4 DO schools on par with MD.
MSUCOM (the best)
OUCOM (a bit less so, but great if you stay in Ohio)
CCOM (lots of hospitals and they have 83 percent first choice match rate)
Maybe DMU or Pcom
These schools seem to be very respected and have hospital connections on par with MD schools
I'm obligated to agree with this post.
I think there are like 3 or 4 DO schools on par with MD.
MSUCOM (the best)
OUCOM (a bit less so, but great if you stay in Ohio)
CCOM (lots of hospitals and they have 83 percent first choice match rate)
Maybe DMU or Pcom
These schools seem to be very respected and have hospital connections on par with MD schools
I concur
I think there are like 3 or 4 DO schools on par with MD.
MSUCOM (the best)
OUCOM (a bit less so, but great if you stay in Ohio)
CCOM (lots of hospitals and they have 83 percent first choice match rate)
Maybe DMU or Pcom
These schools seem to be very respected and have hospital connections on par with MD schools
If we're being serious now, then TCOM should be on that list too
if we're being serious now, then tcom should be on that list too
msucom, umdnj, ouhcom >> tcom. TCOM is good, just not in the same class as these 3 imo.
msucom, umdnj, ouhcom >> tcom. TCOM is good, just not in the same class as these 3 imo.
in 5 years I'd expect OUCOM to be considered the best DO school in the nation.