whosnisarg

2+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2017
New Jersey
  1. Pre-Medical
    Hello, again!

Okay, this is more of a light-hearted question!

What would it take to be the next Dr. Apa, or the next superstar dentist? How does one STRICTLY perform cosmetic procedures and "lure in" class-A patients? Is this only profitable in New York/California (this one I am curious about because Charlotte, NC apparently has one of the highest average salaries for dentists as of Jan 2018 despite surrounding $50K average income)?

Also, what do you guys think about dedicating one's practice to superstar cosmetic procedures and *essentially* overcharging for treatments (I heard it was around $350 for a consult and $3K for veneer)?

Again, no need for hostility, just a fun what-if. ;)

Svart Aske

Dental Padawan
    10+ Year Member
    Jun 7, 2008
      It's all about branding and self-promotion. Have a made-for-TV personality and be prepared to deal with the most obnoxious, vain and demanding patients imaginable. It's not the reason most people become dentists but to each his own.

Reactions: 1 user
      About the Ads

whosnisarg

2+ Year Member
      Sep 21, 2017
      New Jersey
      1. Pre-Medical
        OP don't be one of those guys please.
        Honestly, just from what he's posted on Instagram and his YouTube channel his life looks so luxurious it's hard NOT to want to be him. But you're post reminded me why I wanted to go into dentistry - to help people.

Of course doing smile make-overs would be awesome but never would I want to sell that option first.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.