The Official 01/28/2012 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sutton

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
.Test Date.: Saturday, January 28, 2012
.Exam Start Time.: 1 p.m.
.Registration Opens.: October 12, 2011
...Tentative.. Score Release Date.: February 28, 2012
.After 5 p.m. ET.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Everybody needs to chill out.

stopwhining, you're clearly gifted academically but I think you've got a lot to learn when it comes to communicating with others. Nobody is going to like a doctor who is outright condescending, you can't talk down to your patients and justify it by telling them you got a 40+ MCAT score, they're not going to care about your MCAT score.

Not everybody one SDN has the exact same background some of us have been luckier than others.

People come here for support and help.

iceman, don't listen to stopwhining. Work hard enough and you'll get into med school and don't quit just because your first 3 MCATs didn't go so well, learn from your mistakes and get the job done. If you quit you'll never become a doctor.

Heh, I know. I'm just messing with junior there.

I've had my problems and learned from my mistakes. Stopwhining is the one who creepily looked through my 1100 posts and found those.

This is pretty silly. Who cares about SAT/ACT/AP scores anymore? There's a reason why you don't use a single one of them beyond orientation before your freshman year.

stopwhining, I respect that you have the chops to pull off those kind of scores and the opportunity to turn down Harvard, but if you take iceman's bait like that it's clear that you have some learning to do with communication. This forum is meant for us to commiserate, discuss and offer advice. Exactly as iceman has used it. If it's hand-holding he gets, then that's his own prerogative as to whether he should listen. Obsessively combing his posts for a personal attack is, well - I don't quite know.

I thank you for your input and do find it interesting to see proof of one of "those" students - the academically perfect ones. But we're not all on your level and as you can clearly see, we need some way to find some measure of relief in this uncertainty that is the MCAT.

And this has gotten WAY off-topic. As for me, I've pretty much forgotten about the scores - research, midterms and involvement have kept it off my mind. First "lazy" Saturday I can muster in a while and it definitely feels good to take a breath and collect myself. Hope everyone else is hanging in there!

The real comedy involves the outcome of your life....

"I'm a 24 year old guy who spent 5 years to finish a 4 year degree in Biology with a languages minor. I ended up with a 3.0, some research experience, some hospital experience and really didn't know where to go with it so I started to study for the MCat.

I have been studying for five months and seen my 18 score go to a 23. I have 2 months left to study and even if I ended up with a 30-35 my chances for medical school/DO would still be slim.

I talked to a family member a couple of days ago who is a millionaire businessman and he recommended that I think of getting an MBA.

Maybe everyone here has a burning desire to be a doctor? I would love to be a MD/DO but my chances just look slim.

I really just want to have a respectable job and make good money. A family member of mine who is a doctor told me that if I want to make money that I should go into business instead of the medical field.

I wanted some advice from the people here .... Have you people really heard of people with a 3.0 going into a medical school? I will study for it regardless and apply.... But I feel like putting up the white flag after that point."

What's the point of you to post that? Most folks on here support and hope we all do well on the test, not the other way around.

Members don't see this ad :)
What's the point of you to post that? Most folks on here support and hope we all do well on the test, not the other way around.

Now let's be nice. This is just what happens when you get bullied one too many times.

Last edited:
Ha... you think I talk like this in real life? Obviously, in my head, I think I am better than almost everyone, but I never, ever outwardly convey it; except anonymously on here. But thanks for the compliment. PS: If I had poor communication skills I guess I wouldn't be getting scholarships left and right for leadership and service.

However, Mr. Snow, your advice to iceman is so f'ing misguided.... "so what, if you did bad on your MCAT the first three times??" Cmon man, you're being nice, but this is life. Not everyone can be a doctor if they make too many mistakes.

I actually only went to the page on your profile for threads started by you (not 1100) and saw those right away...

Anyways, I just came here to say it's a joke that all of you are freakin out about your scores; if you would have worked hard (I noticed your slight at me being lucky or lucky being born smart Snow, btw), you wouldnt be in this situation....

I'll always support somebody who is trying. Maybe the MCAT material doesn't come naturally to some people. I'm certainly not going to tell somebody to give up because stopwhining said so. As long as somebody is making an effort who are you to tell them to quit? I'll always support somebody who is taking a chance and making and effort.

I actually I wasn't trying to imply that at all. Merely, that you had an upbringing that led you to academic success. Maybe iceman didn't. We don't all come from ideal environments. I honestly believe that at any given moment in time people are trying to do their best. I don't think anybody wakes up and says 'I hope do something to screw up my future today'. You shouldn't judge somebody until you've walked a mile in their shoes.

Hats off to you and your academic success but I wouldn't want you as my doctor.

Haha...man you have some good defense mechanisms, I'd like to hear how you've come to terms with your bad GPA. I bet you say, 'Yeah, I was young and stupid, but I still don't regret much. I've learned a lot haha."

Bullied ha. Everyone loves me. Homecoming king, 3 varsity sports in high school. Like I told you to be realistic, I originally wanted to play college hoops. But I REALIZED that just cause I wanted it and was going to work hard doesn't mean I could be an NBA player. Kind of like that fact that you want to be a doctor, but it isn't going to happen.

So to predict you're next reply, I'll go with, "Go fell for the bait again I see." or "Why don't you go through my 1100 posts again to find a fact that supports your argument?" or
"For someone who think SDN is stupid, you sure are on here alot." or "What'd you say, I cant hear you creeper."

Homecoming queen to internet troll. CONGRATS :laugh:

Oof! Missed that one! Like I said, you have great defense mechanisms! As you sit bed tonight recalling this conversation, I'm sure you'll outwardly laugh me off as an internet troll while another part of you feels such regret that you can barely push away and contain. .

Hmmm, so you sit in bed recalling internet conversations. Shoulda went to Harvard instead of flipping burgers at Mickey D's ;)

I like how I address all the points you bring up, but you just throw out lamely inflammatory ones for me to respond you (though you and others think you are baiting me). See, I would work at Mickey D's, but I'm too busy getting published in a top journal for my research.

Young man, High times is not a top journal.

These are the times I understand why they have an interview process. Even psychos make good grades.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ha. I'm typing fast. I was valedictorian of my high school, I rejected Harvard, got a 36 on my ACT, and now have a 3.99.

1) If you're still parading around "your" SAT and ACT scores, you're probably not a high-achieving student.
2) If you think getting a "3.99 GPA" or "40 MCAT" makes you intelligent, you're not intelligent.
3) If you think acceptance into any undergraduate institution is a particularly high accomplishment, you're not accomplished.

ilikewherethisthreadisgoingMINE.jpg

can we all collectively agree to ignore the troll and bring this thread back to what it has been for all these weeks for many of us: a support group? thanks.

Finally, a worthy adversary. The others will be quoting this one I'm sure.

1. I have never paraded these around since high school but was asked for proof and wanted to show off.
2. If you think the comibination of all my stats and accomplishment does not indicate I am intelligent and a high-achieving student, you are being naive and stubborn.
3. When you are 20, the combination of all these is definitely an accomplishment; I'm interested to hear what your more worthy accomplishment would be. After all, we're patting mr. idiota iceman for his efforts....

1) We'll go with it.
2) Intelligence isn't well-defined. I'm of the opinion that academic success can be had by almost anybody, provided they put in the effort. If that is the case, then measured relative to others, academic success may be necessary for "intelligence" but not sufficient.
3) I'm also 20 - the difference between us is that I do NOT proclaim to be especially accomplished in any way, which I believe to be understandable considering my age. I'm not saying you can't be accomplished as a 20 year old as many people are; however, acceptance to a prestigious undergraduate institution would not constitute accomplishment to me, but instead a major step towards the goal of one day becoming accomplished.
i.e. Education itself isn't an ends, it's a means to an ends. In my book, anyways.

Mainly just run around in circles yelling and grinning, and maybe treat myself to a nice meal hahaha. If only it weren't a Tuesday...

How about you?

Haha sounds good. I'll probably meet up with friends, get a little tipsy, buy an expensive meal and act a foooool :D.

So any celebration plans for if you do well on the 28th?

If I get good scores I'm finally buying the MSAR and going "school shopping." I haven't let myself think about where I want to go at a all because I wanted to avoid falling in love with some schools and not getting good enough scores to apply.

Then I'm going to get my nails done and go to the bar, if I did good, of course.

Yeah if I do well I'll most likely have a nice big fire for my stack of Mcat books. If I do poorly, that stack will have to come into play again haha

Yeah if I do well I'll most likely have a nice big fire for my stack of Mcat books. If I do poorly, that stack will have to come into play again haha

I just never want to do another physics problem, ever again, for the rest of my life. That will be my reward if I do well.

going to celebrate by taking a calc ii exam at night and then preparing for a history exam on wednesday... life of a premed. i will definitely celebrate wednesday however.

I don't think I'll be able to sell my books (as much as I want to.) While I was reviewing, I wrote in almost every margin pretty much summarizing main points of paragraphs. For anyone other than me, it would probably be really really distracting lol. Am I the only one who does this?

Haha I never write or mark in my books... I don't know if it's for the resale value or just because I'm OCD

Haha I never write or mark in my books... I don't know if it's for the resale value or just because I'm OCD

I gotta adopt that philosophy seeing as how after we get scores back, I'll have a pile of useless books haha. Guess I might as well torch 'em. Next best option right?

I don't think I'll be able to sell my books (as much as I want to.) While I was reviewing, I wrote in almost every margin pretty much summarizing main points of paragraphs. For anyone other than me, it would probably be really really distracting lol. Am I the only one who does this?

i do the exact same thing. i have a plethora of books- EK, TPR, Kaplan, TBR- and most are marked with red pen, highlighter, notes in the margin. honestly, i won't be too sad about not being able to sell these because all i want is never have to look at them again.

i do the exact same thing. i have a plethora of books- EK, TPR, Kaplan, TBR- and most are marked with red pen, highlighter, notes in the margin. honestly, i won't be too sad about not being able to sell these because all i want is never have to look at them again.

haha, excellently said.

lol, same with me. the floor of my closet space is completely filled with every book from all of those companies, scribbles and all, because my bookshelf couldn't handle the weight! I'm just crossing my fingers that I don't ever have to open one of them again... started studying for the gre this weekend as a backup :scared:

I'm going to start going to church and praying to the god I don't believe in. I need a miracle. If it doesn't work, it's a win win situation because it at least confirms my beliefs and I can blame someone other than myself. If it does work, I'm converting to Christianity =P

I don't even know where to begin on how wrong you are.

God isn't your scapegoat. Your love towards God shouldn't be conditional. If you have questions go to a church and ask but don't spit on religions face like this. (Go to a catholic church. Maybe Methodist or Baptist)

I can not stand how sacrilegious some people can be. I hope God does what is best for you (And it may be failing in this instance.) Some people need to hit rock bottom when their world views are so skewed.

God isn't your scapegoat. Your love towards God shouldn't be conditional. If you have questions go to a church and ask but don't spit on religions face like this. (Go to a catholic church. Maybe Methodist or Baptist)

I can not stand how sacrilegious some people can be. I hope God does what is best for you (And it may be failing in this instance.) Some people need to hit rock bottom when their world views are so skewed.

I can understand why that comment may have pushed you the wrong way, but understand that it was meant as a lighthearted joke about religion, and that this forum is DEFINITELY not the place for any of your preaching. Please drop this now before this thread degenerates into a religion-loving and bashing party.

I can understand why that comment may have pushed you the wrong way, but understand that it was meant as a lighthearted joke about religion, and that this forum is DEFINITELY not the place for any of your preaching. Please drop this now before this thread degenerates into a religion-loving and bashing party.

Sure, how about I say something "lighthearted" about child molestation or racial discrimination.

I'll stop here but for someone to make a lighthearted joke about religion or God is more than asking for it. This place isn't for religious bashing either.

For the record, I'm not sacrilegious in the slightest bit. I've done countless volunteering hours at churches and have taken many religious classes to broaden my horizons. One of my idols is Francis Collins, who is extremely religious. Even though I'm personally not religious, I have by no means a negative nor distorted attitude towards religion. If anything, I'm extremely tolerant and very interested in religion.

You're ridiculous. First of all, I was only kidding around. I just had similar conversation with a law student friend who said she prayed the entire month before she got her LSAT score - even if though she is not religious. I wasn't being serious. I'm just trying to make light out of a terrible situation. Excuse me if I like to use humor to help deal with negativity. Learn to take a joke instead of being bashful and insensitive. I'm sorry you took my joke so seriously.

Last edited:
For the record, I'm not sacrilegious in the slightest bit. I've done countless volunteering hours at churches and have taken many religious classes to broaden my horizons. One of my idols is Francis Collins, who is extremely religious. Even though I'm personally not religious, I have by no means a negative nor distorted attitude towards religion. If anything, I'm extremely tolerant and very interested in religion.

You're ridiculous. First of all, I was only kidding around. I just had similar conversation with a law student friend who said she prayed the entire month before she got her LSAT score - even if though she is not religious. I wasn't being serious. I'm just trying to make light out of a terrible situation. Excuse me if I like to use humor to help deal with negativity. Learn to take a joke instead of being bashful and insensitive. I'm sorry you took my joke so seriously.

I take religion very VERY seriously. The fact that you feel like you can make light of it shows how misguided you are.

If you respect religious people then the LAST THING you should do is make light of their beliefs. (Saying things like you can blame God for your MCAT score is just ignorant and NOT FUNNY to someone who believes in God)

Out of one side of your mouth you say you respect religion. Out of the other you are saying you can make a lighthearted joke out of it. You don't get the SEVERITY of what you're saying.

I take religion very VERY seriously. The fact that you feel like you can make light of it shows how misguided you are.

If you respect religious people then the LAST THING you should do is make light of their beliefs. (Saying things like you can blame God for your MCAT score is just ignorant and NOT FUNNY to someone who believes in God)

Out of one side of your mouth you say you respect religion. Out of the other you are saying you can make a lighthearted joke out of it. You don't get the SEVERITY of what you're saying.

Lol OK.