The Official 08/21/09 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wussok

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I know it's early and most people who are writing the MCAT on this day are waiting for exams to finish before they even think MCAT. But, there must be people who are writing it on this day on SDN. Let's share study strategies and motivate eachother :)

Members don't see this ad.

congrats to everyone!!! all the scores are so amazing!
i dont have the courage to check yet, but once i do, ill post! lol
it needs to be later in the day so i can have a shot of whiskey next to me while i look.

Members don't see this ad :)
ah ****... PS 11, VR 8, BS 11.

now wait for it.... WS....M

30M

I am in Canada. Does this mean I have to retake? I will most likely be applying to UBC and Calgary. I am probably counted out for the Ontariario schools.

maaaan...damn class is dragging. if i check the score on my phone, and do bad, ill damn near fall outta my chair.

Members don't see this ad :)
28Q.
11P, 8V, 9B

I'm just going DO so I'm happy enough. Averaged about 31 on the AAMC so that's a little disappointing.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

V = 9
P = 14
B= 13

I"M DONE WITH THIS FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

This is my retake .
The first time I took the test I got a 27.

V=5
P=11
B=11

My prediction after the test was
V= 7-9
P = 12 -15
B= 12-14

So i was expecting anything from 31 to 38.. I felt more like a 31 as time went on.
I studied hard and now i got a 36.

A NEARLY 10 points improvement!!!!!!

STUDY HARD and anything is possible!!!!!!!
IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING!

Now I can get back to things that truly matters in my life and leave this test behind!

Last edited:
I wrote the 2 pm exam, scores are posted.

34S
PS 11/ VR 10/ BS 13.

Surprising tho, I was more confident after PS than BS, VR was always a toss up in AAMCs so I'll take it haha.....had no idea I knew how to write essays lol

Dead on the mark of my AAMC average.

i graduated a couple of years ago. you?

and i cant leave the computer either! lol. i think maybe ill go out to get a drink before i look!

i go to UF now..it sucks because if I don't get it this time I can't really take a yr off because of financial reasons

i go to UF now..it sucks because if I don't get it this time I can't really take a yr off because of financial reasons

i thought the same thing but this year off has been great. i am self employed and it really helped me study for the MCAT as well. i tutor college students in physics, bio, chem and math and got paid big bucks! give it a shot!
but of course, i hope you get a 45 and never have to see the test again.

i thought the same thing but this year off has great. i am self employed and it really helped me study for the MCAT as well. i tutor college students in physics, bio, chem and math and got paid big bucks! give it a shot!

that sounds awesome..i don't think anyone has ever gotten a 45 lol I'd be ecstatic with a 30 and that's way lower than my avg..but I bombed it the first time and i feel like it's such a crapshoot for me

i got a 33-O too... should i be planning a re-write?

It depends on your score distribution. Even though my verbal was not in the double digits, overall, it is still relatively well-rounded.

Look over your score distribution and the schools you want to apply to.

10 P/ 11 V/ 12 B

its not bad, just can't make the essay cutoff for a few schools.

i wish i could say i feel relieved that the marks are out, if anything im still so antsy!

10 P/ 11 V/ 12 B

its not bad, just can't make the essay cutoff for a few schools.

i wish i could say i feel relieved that the marks are out, if anything im still so antsy!

THE ESSAY IS NOT IMPORTANT!!!!!!!

Be happy with the 33. If you think you can do better then definitely retake!

Last edited:
AAMC 4: 13/10/11
AAMC 5: 11/9/10
AAMC 6: 14/11/12
AAMC 7: 11/8/11
AAMC 8: 14/10/12
AAMC 10: 14/10/12

AAMC Avg: 13/10/11

My score 8/21: 12/11/11 34O

I'm pretty excited that I spread more evenly than I usually do, but I'd like to do better. I'm gonna retake next year, not applying this cycle.

Some pretty good scores here, good job guys!

I received a 9VR, 9PS, and a 10BS. What are my chances to get into an MD school if I am just doing my secondaries now? My sGPA is 3.79 and cGPA is 3.67.

AAMC 4: 13/10/11
AAMC 5: 11/9/10
AAMC 6: 14/11/12
AAMC 7: 11/8/11
AAMC 8: 14/10/12
AAMC 10: 14/10/12

AAMC Avg: 13/10/11

My score 8/21: 12/11/11 34O

I'm pretty excited that I spread more evenly than I usually do, but I'd like to do better. I'm gonna retake next year, not applying this cycle.

Some pretty good scores here, good job guys!

Why would you retake a 34? Unless your GPA is awful, you are trying to go to a top 5 school or you are hideously ugly there is no reason to retake.

As for me I got a 34P with an 12/11/11 spread. Much better than my 31 N (11/10/10) in may

Hmmmm...

09P/12V/11B Q for a 32Q

AAMC Average ~33-34

Sooooo, I'm not exactly ecstatic, but I'm not disappointed either. I'm leaning towards not retaking, but...what do you think?
If you think you can do better. Retake !

i thought the same thing but this year off has been great. i am self employed and it really helped me study for the MCAT as well. i tutor college students in physics, bio, chem and math and got paid big bucks! give it a shot!

have you checked yet lol

Shiat....HOLY SMOKEs! I FREAKING LOVE YOU GOD!! :love: I bow down to thee eternally!

PS = 12
VR = 11 (on my practice I never scored a 10!! ever!...always between 7 ,8 and 9) I just went with my gut on test day.
WS = S!! (wwoooopp!)
BS = 11

34 S

I am sooo happy. I couldn't have done it without divine guidance, that is for sure. Thanks to all my study buddies too. They were amazing. :D

can someone post the link for checking your score?? i ve been looking for over 10 mins and cant find the right link. THANKS!

OH.MY.GOD.

11/11/10 - 32R

I was so sure I failed. Admittedly BS could've used some more work, but still, I can die happy now. j/k :laugh:

A lot of good scores from other as well. Congrats all!

Btw, I just want an opinion. Should I retake? I mean, my GPA is in the 3.1 -3.2 range, and I feel like this MCAT score isn't really up to par to pull the weight tbh.

I got a 30 on practice exams 3 and 7 from the AAMC. My highest VR score ever was an 8.

On the real thing I got a 36Q: 14 PS, 10 VR, 12 BS.

3 months of studying averaging about 1 hour per day using the Examkrackers books.

It can be done. Never give up.

O and btw i got a M on my writing.

But I knew it was going to be low becuase I just wanted to do well on the sections that truly matter. I wrote some bs and clicked next!
I am sure schools dont care about the writing portion. It is pretty pointless.

I took the 8 AM test and got a 35O

PS-13
V-11
Bio-11

How much will the writing score hurt my chances of being accepted into a US MD school? Keep in mind that I'm applying very late for this cycle. My state school (JABSOM) has a reported median writing score of P.

Thanks

Well speaking in context of the Canadian med scene...sigh, I don't know. I guess I could spend an actual summer studying VR...

Man, your composite score is nasty. But yeah, I would consider retaking because of that VR. I know U of T has taken people with 7s in VR before though, so if the rest of your app is very strong, you could try applying there. (Also, Ottawa doesn't require the MCAT)

Shiat....HOLY SMOKEs! I FREAKING LOVE YOU GOD!! :love: I bow down to thee eternally!

PS = 12
VR = 11 (on my practice I never scored a 10!! ever!...always between 7 ,8 and 9) I just went with my gut on test day.
WS = S!! (wwoooopp!)
BS = 11

34 S

I am sooo happy. I couldn't have done it without divine guidance, that is for sure. Thanks to all my study buddies too. They were amazing. :D

Hey man, congrats. I'm glad He came through for you. :D

I took the 8 AM test and got a 35O

PS-13
V-11
Bio-11

How much will the writing score hurt my chances of being accepted into a US MD school? Keep in mind that I'm applying very late for this cycle. My state school (JABSOM) has a reported median writing score of P.

Thanks

If you're American, I wouldn't worry about that O. 35 is an amazing composite, and an O is about average as far as I know. As long as you write your personal statement in English you should be fine ;) :D