***The Official 2006-2007 D.O. Schools Secondary Release Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does NOVA require a letter from a DO, or can it be substituted with a MD letter?

Just a heads up for those of you that aren't aware, NOVA will start extending interviews some time in September.

Members don't see this ad :)
heyimnick said:
Just a heads up for those of you that aren't aware, NOVA will start extending interviews some time in September.

By extending do you mean invites or the actual interviewing? Historically, NOVA has given invites starting in the first couple weeks of August and conducting interviews starting in September.

Updated List (7/31/06):

1. TCOM

2. NSU

3. OSU-COM

4. TUCOM-Nevada

5. OU-COM

6. PIkeville College (7/14/2006)-Mail

7. PCOM (7/14/06) Mail

8. CCOM

9. Western U/COMP: 7/21/06 interview invite by email after screening

10. LECOM-Erie

11. NYCOM 7/24 snail mail, letter from saying that they are screeening applications, only students who will receive an interview will be granted the secondary application

12. UMDNJ-SOM 7/27 letter saying to goto their web site and fill out secondary application

13. KCOM (received today, 07-27)

14. TUCOM-Mare Island (received snail mail today, 07-27)

15. MSUCOM (received via email today, 07-28)

16. LECOM-Bradenton (snail mail - 7/31/06)

bigfatk said:
Updated List (7/31/06):

1. TCOM

2. NSU

3. OSU-COM

4. TUCOM-Nevada

5. OU-COM

6. PIkeville College (7/14/2006)-Mail

7. PCOM (7/14/06) Mail

8. CCOM

9. Western U/COMP: 7/21/06 interview invite by email after screening

10. LECOM-Erie

11. NYCOM 7/24 snail mail, letter from saying that they are screeening applications, only students who will receive an interview will be granted the secondary application

12. UMDNJ-SOM 7/27 letter saying to goto their web site and fill out secondary application

13. KCOM (received today, 07-27)

14. TUCOM-Mare Island (received snail mail today, 07-27)

15. MSUCOM (received via email today, 07-28)

16. LECOM-Bradenton (snail mail - 7/31/06)

A separate PCOM-GA secondary has been sent to me. I thought the PCOM and the PCOM-GA secondary were one-in-the-same, but alas, they are separate.

received azcom,pcom,and western univ interview invite via email with attached secondary today.

PCOM's secondary just says a "brief statement"...no specific word restrictions though???

stinkywinky said:
received azcom,pcom,and western univ interview invite via email with attached secondary today.

PCOM's secondary just says a "brief statement"...no specific word restrictions though???

so azcom is already sending interview invites?

quick question: CCOM and AZCOM appeal to me for similar reasons and their secondary applications are almost the same. i submitted my AZCOM secondary already. would it be wrong if i substituted CCOM for AZCOM in my secondary for CCOM? do schools that are part of the same branch exchange information in any way? does anyone know?

Yeah if I sent all my things to NSU today the same day i got the secondary incl that silly form u sign and mail. But I need to send to recommendations later thsi week. I know they usually give interviews EARLY in Sept, like week after labor day.

Does anyone know when they start sending invites to go to Fort LD to see NSU???

I posted VCOM's 2006 secondary questions in "Official D.O. Secondary Application Essay Prompts, 2006". The dean of admissions said it would be online by the end of last week. :)

stinkywinky said:

pcom by snail mail, right? that "via email" is just for western, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
yep dr.Kuba...i go my pcom by snail mail on mon 7/31 too!!!

Also on mdapplicants i saw last year people were invited as early as Aug 2nd 2005 for NSU interviews on 9.12 and 9.19 in 2005. So when will those start this year??? any guesses???

vmgopal said:
yep dr.Kuba...i go my pcom by snail mail on mon 7/31 too!!!

Also on mdapplicants i saw last year people were invited as early as Aug 2nd 2005 for NSU interviews on 9.12 and 9.19 in 2005. So when will those start this year??? any guesses???

I'm guessing NSU will get the ball rolling around the same time this year. They seem to be the most on top of things this admissions cycle, and by that I mean they seem to be on the same schedule as last year, despite AACOMAS' lateness this year.

bigfatk said:
quick question: CCOM and AZCOM appeal to me for similar reasons and their secondary applications are almost the same. i submitted my AZCOM secondary already. would it be wrong if i substituted CCOM for AZCOM in my secondary for CCOM? do schools that are part of the same branch exchange information in any way? does anyone know?

bump for my question :)

bigfatk said:

I don't see a problem with it. They're 2 separate med schools so the adcoms are probably different. However, since they're under the same "umbrella" they have simliar institutional goals. Send the letters, but be sure to proofread ;)

If your AACOMAS was mailed on a Saturday, you can expect seccondaries by the coming Thursday, Friday into the following week and beyond.

DRKUBA said:
pcom by snail mail, right? that "via email" is just for western, right?
Yes, I received my Western invite via email.

bigfatk said:
bump for my question :)
I'd say go for it. If its the same question, its the same question. They should expect applicants to follow that procedure. Make sure you reread the prompts though for slight differences.

HemaOncoDoc said:
I'd say go for it. If its the same question, its the same question. They should expect applicants to follow that procedure. Make sure you reread the prompts though for slight differences.

Careful, CCOM and AZCOM DO NOT ask the same question.

CCOM: "Why are you seeking a career in osteopathic medicine, and why do you believe CCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking?"

AZCOM: "Why do you believe AZCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking, and why should AZCOM accept you into this year’s class?"

But they are quite similar, alittle bit of editing from one to the other should be good enough.

DrCurious said:
But they are quite similar, alittle bit of editing from one to the other should be good enough.
Then so be it. It's your choice. :). I'm not applying to CCOM, so I was giving my unbiased opinion.

Has anyone heard anything from KCUMB? I have already received and completed the secondaries from 4 other schools and still no word from them. Just thought that I would check just in case I'm missing something.

Just a heads up: Apparently, when AACOMAS sends the primaries to the schools you designate, for SOME people, their home address is cut off (ie: city/state, etc) and consequently you may not receive secondaries in time.

I discovered this when I had a missing CITY/STATE from NYCOM, and my TU-NV postcard had the CITY/STATE written in.

Trying calling AACOMAS to clear it up, and also the schools you designated. That may be responsible for the delay.

Has anyone received a secondary from UNECOM? It is the only school I have not heard from.
I received secondaries from CCOM, AZCOM, PCOM, MSUCOM, the letter from NYCOM and the fill out secondaries letter from UMDNJ, but nothing from UNECOM.

christvida said:
Has anyone heard anything from KCUMB? I have already received and completed the secondaries from 4 other schools and still no word from them. Just thought that I would check just in case I'm missing something.

I called them yesterday and they said they are expecting to get secondaries out in the next week or two.

CuttinEmUp said:
Thought this might be a good way to centralize all the incoming information before the storm of secondaries rush in.

So far the OFFICIALLY released secondaries of the DO schools are as follows:

1. TCOM

2. NSU

3. OSU-COM

4. TUCOM-Nevada

Lets just keep adding to the list to make an exhaustive matrix of all the secondaries released.

Thanks everyone! and GOOD LUCK :luck:

In addition to those schools mentioned above, I have also received secondaries from:
COMP, PCOM, CCOM

My application was in the 7/22 mailing.

I applied to:
1. TUCOM-CA
2. Pikeville
3. KCUMB (I saw in a previous post that they would be out in a week or so).
4. UNECOM
5. DMU
6. TUCOM-NV
7. MSUCOM

I have not received any secondaries as of right know. If anyone had the same mailing cycle, and has received any secondaries from these schools, please let me know.

Thanks

dtrain5 said:
My application was in the 7/22 mailing.

I applied to:
1. TUCOM-CA
2. Pikeville
3. KCUMB (I saw in a previous post that they would be out in a week or so).
4. UNECOM
5. DMU
6. TUCOM-NV
7. MSUCOM

I have not received any secondaries as of right know. If anyone had the same mailing cycle, and has received any secondaries from these schools, please let me know.

Thanks

I was in the first batch mailing, and I still havent received KCUMB, UNECOM, and DMU, so it might be a while before you get yours. Unless those schools do one massive mailing of the secondaries.

Packamylase said:
Careful, CCOM and AZCOM DO NOT ask the same question.

CCOM: "Why are you seeking a career in osteopathic medicine, and why do you believe CCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking?"

AZCOM: "Why do you believe AZCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking, and why should AZCOM accept you into this year’s class?"

I was talking about the part why AZCOM and why CCOM because I want to attend either of them for the same reason. But thanks, good to know someone's paying attention :)

NSU com sent me a copy of my secondary, a generic copy as a PDF attachment and I cant open it at all! I tried calling them an they dont know why. They said theyll re send it to me.

But anyways it doesn't really matter does it? I mean since they recieved it thats the important thing! right? Did anyone else have thsi problem. or if u did open it di u get a box to log on in to view the PDF???

vmgopal said:
NSU com sent me a copy of my secondary, a generic copy as a PDF attachment and I cant open it at all! I tried calling them an they dont know why. They said theyll re send it to me.

But anyways it doesn't really matter does it? I mean since they recieved it thats the important thing! right? Did anyone else have thsi problem. or if u did open it di u get a box to log on in to view the PDF???
Had the same error. They suggest you update your acrobat reader. That didn't help. Its a glitch on their part. I wouldn't worry about it.

Received notification that UNECOM received my AACOMAS and its under review.

I just got an email form UNECOM entitled - "UNECOM received AACOMAS application - under review" .... but there is nothing in the body of the email..

DRKUBA said:
beat me to it HOD, lol
You can take the next one :). You don't know how many times I refreshed my screen/logged out and relogged in to make sure it was a blank email. lol.

HemaOncoDoc said:
You can take the next one :). You don't know how many times I refreshed my screen/logged out and relogged in to make sure it was a blank email. lol.

LOL, I got the same thing, guys. :)

me too, how frustratting. I was so excited when I saw UNECOM.

So far, I've completed: TU-NV, Kirksville, Nova, LECOM-Erie, LECOM-Bradenton, and PCOM-GA (just dropped it in the mail).

Have had some sort of communication with: UNECOM, VCOM, NYCOM, TU-MI, Pikeville.

No word: DMU, WVSOM, KCUMB.

KCUMB is out now! I just got the email this morning

DRKUBA said:
I didnt get DMU's, I wonder if they havent sent it to everyone yet... or if i got screnned out :scared:

i got it also and i haven't taken the mcat so you should get it also

ylitia said:
i got it also and i haven't taken the mcat so you should get also

I also just received DMU's email invite to submit secondary....

I THINK WE ARE ALL COMPLETE (Im probably wrong though) BUT IT SEEMS LIKE ALL THE DO SCHOOLS SECONDARIES ARE OUT NOW????

CuttinEmUp said:
I also just received DMU's email invite to submit secondary....

I THINK WE ARE ALL COMPLETE (Im probably wrong though) BUT IT SEEMS LIKE ALL THE DO SCHOOLS SECONDARIES ARE OUT NOW????
No, UNECOM, NYCOM, and WVSOM are not out yet. UNECOM and NYCOM have sent notification that the primary applicaitons are under review.

DRKUBA said:
I didnt get DMU's, I wonder if they havent sent it to everyone yet... or if i got screnned out :scared:
I didn't know they were a screener school, but I don't think you have anything to worry about. :)