The OFFICIAL 2009 Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got admitted to LIU! I'm almost positive I'm going to accept the offer. I'm THRILLED!

When did you hear from LIU? I'm still waiting....

Members don't see this ad.

i got a phone call from someone at the drexel masters program today asking if i was interested in their masters program. i told them i already had a masters so no thank you. if my poi passed my info along to them, i wonder if this means that i am out of the running for the phd?

Still havent heard from Drexel.. still waiting. Anyone know when schools have to extend offers by?

Members don't see this ad :)
i got a phone call from someone at the drexel masters program today asking if i was interested in their masters program. i told them i already had a masters so no thank you. if my poi passed my info along to them, i wonder if this means that i am out of the running for the phd?

I wouldn't say it means you are out of the running! Maybe email the DCT and see if he can give you any indication of where your POI ranked you and maybe then you will have a better idea? Do you mind me asking who your POI at Drexel is?

I hope it all works out for you!

Received an email informing me that I have been accepted at Pacific University SOPP! My first acceptance letter :)

Has anyone heard from University of Delaware? Or heard of anyone who's heard?

Does anyone that has an acceptance from UVA-Curry mind sharing their POI with me?

I'll give you my first born son... promise!!! ;o)

Last edited:
Hey Whataboutangela- you didn't make me uncomfortable! I'm sending you good vibes and hope to see you in the fall! :) :xf:

Has anyone heard from Georgia State or SLU for Clinical PhD?????

Clinical or Counseling at VCU? I was accepted at VCU Counseling PhD program on 3/5 via POI phone call. I can PM you POI name if this is the program you're interested in.

sorry, vcu clinical phd program--but congrats on the counseling program!!

Has anyone heard from Georgia State or SLU for Clinical PhD?????

SLU sent me a letter saying I was waitlisted, so I assume that they've either already sent out acceptances or they're about to very, very soon. No one here has posted anything about them post-interview besides me, though!

Members don't see this ad :)
SLU sent me a letter saying I was waitlisted, so I assume that they've either already sent out acceptances or they're about to very, very soon. No one here has posted anything about them post-interview besides me, though!

Thank You! Guess that means my letter is coming in the mail soon too..

Has anyone been accepted to SUNY Binghamton?

GSU have already made their decisions and same with slu...hopefully you will here soon!

it was the psyd and i actually just sent back to letter turning down the offer so hopefully that opens up one more spot for someone else!

Really? Where did you decide to go and just curious why did you decide against LaSalle

I just received a call from the Dean at Wright University SOPP inviting me to attend their program! (at about 4:00pm EST for all you folks out there like me who are checking these forums as if we could win a prize or something)

Has anyone heard from any of the following schools Clinical Psych PhD programs and if so how, by whom, and maybe most importantly do you know if they are finished extending offers:

Hofstra
LIU-Brooklyn
St. John's
Adelphi

Thanks!

I was accepted to Wright State at 3:45 p.m. EST & Spalding University at 4:30 p.m.! :soexcited: These are my top two choices, so I am so amazingly excited! Now I have a HUGE decision to make!

Has anyone heard from any of the following schools Clinical Psych PhD programs and if so how, by whom, and maybe most importantly do you know if they are finished extending offers:

Hofstra
LIU-Brooklyn
St. John's
Adelphi

Thanks!

LIU and Hofstra extended offers but I don't think they are done yet (btw I just turned Hofstra down so hopefully it will open up another spot). Adelphi and St John's are not supposed to meet till next week so I assume it will be at least a few more days before we hear something.
Good luck!

LIU and Hofstra extended offers but I don't think they are done yet (btw I just turned Hofstra down so hopefully it will open up another spot). Adelphi and St John's are not supposed to meet till next week so I assume it will be at least a few more days before we hear something.
Good luck!

Thank you very much for your response! P.S. How do you know when St. John's and Adelphi are meeting? Just curious

Thank you very much for your response! P.S. How do you know when St. John's and Adelphi are meeting? Just curious

That's what they told me during the interviews. Hopefully they won't take too long with their decisions :)

Good luck!

I got a call from the DCT from St. John's this past Tuesday afternoon telling me I was accepted...

I got a call from the DCT from St. John's this past Tuesday afternoon telling me I was accepted...

That's great, I'm just saying that their admission committee was supposed to meet this coming wednesday.

I was accepted to Wright State at 3:45 p.m. EST & Spalding University at 4:30 p.m.! :soexcited: These are my top two choices, so I am so amazingly excited! Now I have a HUGE decision to make!

Congrats and Good luck! I went to Wright state University for my Undergrad!

I got an email saying I was waitlisted for auburn, but I didn't even interview there. I already had turned them down. So I emailed them again telling them that.

University of St. Thomas
Psy.D., Counseling Psychology

Accepted today via snail mail. Kinda a late letter, since I did/thought I/ already made a final decision

Jon

I received my acceptance on Friday, March 6 via email, but was followed up with an official letter : )

I just want to extend congratulations to all for even trying to apply. It certainly is quite a process, and we all have come a LONG way to even get to that point. Even if you didn't get in this year, you have one more year to prepare to be successful. I know I definitely wasn't counting on acceptance, and could as well benefit from working for another year. I have decided after one week of weighing pros and cons that I am going to get on with it, and begin the program this fall '09. I am jubilant, yet apprehensive, as there is SO MUCH to take on with this!

GREAT LUCK to you all!!! I hope to meet with many of you at future seminars and professional gatherings..

University of La Verne, out here in middle of nowhere Cali! Actually, not too far from where I live in Pasadena. Clinical-Community Psy.D program...

How about you??? What are you thinking so far? Best of luck!

I'm waitlisted right now, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can post on this thread soon like the rest of you ;)

you are the rest of us! we're all in the same boat... you will celebrate eventually!

Has anyone else heard from Drexel regarding acceptances/rejections/wait lists? I've heard that some of their mentors make their student rankings earlier than others and therefore some students have been accepted/rejected by now while others have heard a peep from admissions.

If anyone has heard anything, can you please PM me??

Thank you!! :p

just wondering if anyone has heard from nova southeastern yet?

thank you!

I was just accepted at UIC, via email from POI!

This means I will be releasing an offer from the Queens College clinical neuropsychology program -- hopefully allowing someone else to be accepted off the waitlist there, as I was at UIC!

Just got an offer at ASU (Clinical PhD) from the DCT and POI. ACK! Now I have decisions to make!! :scared:

(This was my second offer off the waitlist so there is hope for all you still waiting!!)

Holy cow, I never thought I'd ever post this in a million years, but I was accepted into University of Denver's PsyD program at 11:45 a.m. CST. I received a call from the professor who interviewed me and I am completely shocked, since I thought I was one of the least impressive in the room for my group interview! Craziness. Now I have a real conundrum--Spalding vs. Wright State vs. Denver. What the heck do I do now?! :laugh:

Waitlisted at LIU-Brooklyn! Hopefully I move off the waitlist soon...

Anyone heard back from Virginia Consortium yet? I know a few rejections went out, but I'm still waiting to hear from them. I plan on giving it a few more days before contacting them regarding my status.

Just wondering if anyone has received an offer via Registered Mail?

I have currently received only one official offer and it was regular snail mail but apparently there is a registered mail waiting for me today... but I can't pick it up till tomorrow, ack!!!

Just wondering if anyone has received an offer via Registered Mail?

I have currently received only one official offer and it was regular snail mail but apparently there is a registered mail waiting for me today... but I can't pick it up till tomorrow, ack!!!

Can't say I ever heard of that...

But if it turns out to be an offer, I'd pick that school....Apparently they are VERY well funded. :)

Accepted at Pacific University, Roosevelt University (Chicago) and CW Post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D:D:D:D

Woooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Am still waiting to hear from my top choice - PGSP-Stanford Consortium :xf:

Quick question: I am deciding between two programs and one factor in the decision is of course finances. I was considering emailing one program to ask if the stipends are negotiable, but I don't want to come across as ungrateful/pushy/greedy/you name it. Does anyone know if this kind of thing is ever done, and/or considered acceptable? Or if it's worthless because stipends are always the same within programs? Of course I would be very polite about the whole thing, but don't want to ruffle any feathers. Thanks for your input!!

Just got a phone call from interviewer at CW Post Psy D - accepted :D!! Ill be letting go a spot at Yeshiva.

Holy cow, I never thought I'd ever post this in a million years, but I was accepted into University of Denver's PsyD program at 11:45 a.m. CST. I received a call from the professor who interviewed me and I am completely shocked, since I thought I was one of the least impressive in the room for my group interview! Craziness. Now I have a real conundrum--Spalding vs. Wright State vs. Denver. What the heck do I do now?! :laugh:

cmvramirez, who did you interview with? I had an interview on the 6th for the psyD program at DU as well and they said they would be notifying people of their acceptance status via snail mail... I'm excited to hear they're letting people know via phone though as it might expedite things a little

cmvramirez, who did you interview with? I had an interview on the 6th for the psyD program at DU as well and they said they would be notifying people of their acceptance status via snail mail... I'm excited to hear they're letting people know via phone though as it might expedite things a little

I was shocked to get a phone call too, since Julie in admissions told me on Friday that I wouldn't be receiving a phone call at all! But the professor that interviewed me was Dr. Samaniego. I'm not sure if all professors are calling or just her? It was weird and surreal, but what a fantastic surprise. Now I have to choose between my top three! I'm trying not to complain, it's fantastic to be in this position, but it's probably the hardest decision I've ever had to make! :laugh:

Best of luck, I hope you hear something really soon! :luck: