*** The Official ASDOH Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Started by BigSmil3
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a rejection letter in october, and I drove down (from Utah) to meet with the admissions counselor to find out why. I also wanted to see how I could be a better applicant going forward. Got an email last week with an interview invite, and now I have my interview scheduled this week. Very surprised, but certainly couldnt be happier. ASDOH is definitely where I want to be. I will post updates following my interview.

Also, it was my understanding (from a current student who gives the tours) that they admit 40 in Dec and they fill the remaining vacancies up until April. Hope this means I still have a chance!
Wow, what a crazy story. 🙂 I heard from the admissions representative that they admit 50 on Dec. 2 and fill on a rolling basis (heard that at my interview). So it's crazy competitive.

I hope you get in! Good luck at your interview!!!
 
i heard asdoh is sending out another round of acceptances this week. let's keep this thread updated if anybody hears something from asdoh!
 
Just finished my interview here they said for applicants today will get notified in mid feb depending on slots avail
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah well i wonder when they will get back to interviewees who were at asdoh prior to december 2nd and have not heard back from them yet.
 
It had 3 attached documents, the first was the acceptance letter, the 2nd was the agreement, and the 3rd was the checklist
 
Got an invitation to interview today. Dates that were available similar to Magwar post. But the 11th have both time.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone receive an email about their results from yesterday's interview? It says I'm still being considered for the 2018 class.
 
Did anyone receive an email about their results from yesterday's interview? It says I'm still being considered for the 2018 class.

Yeah, got one of these late last night and a feedback survey. Mmm, grapefruit.
 
I just got an email for an interview yesterday! There are 2 interview sessions left -- for the 18th and 25th. Anyone interviewing for the afternoon session on the 18th?
 
does anyone know how many seats are left, how many more rounds of acceptances are going out, and if they give out information on your wait list ranking?
 
does anyone know how many seats are left, how many more rounds of acceptances are going out, and if they give out information on your wait list ranking?
At the Feb. 11th interview we were told there were 8 spots remaining and 2 more interview dates; I think Feb. 25th was the last day. They mentioned that the admissions committee would convene early March once all interviews had been held. Last year's thread mentioned that people on the wait list received e-mails and peoples' comments imply that it is ranked, but I don't know for sure.
 
does anyone know how many seats are left, how many more rounds of acceptances are going out, and if they give out information on your wait list ranking?

At the Feb 18th interview, we were not told a definitive number of spots left but was told that once the last interview was held (Feb 25th), they will send out another batch (not sure if it's the last) of acceptances as well as starting to compile their waiting list. I was also told that the waiting list movement really varies each year. They make a generous list of about 20 and last year, 19 out of 20 were given acceptances. But the year before that, only the top 4 got in...?
 
At the Feb 18th interview, we were not told a definitive number of spots left but was told that once the last interview was held (Feb 25th), they will send out another batch (not sure if it's the last) of acceptances as well as starting to compile their waiting list. I was also told that the waiting list movement really varies each year. They make a generous list of about 20 and last year, 19 out of 20 were given acceptances. But the year before that, only the top 4 got in...?
thanks! any idea when they make the wait list?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last time I called they said all acceptances were sent out already and in the next couple weeks they'll compile the wait list.
 
2 days ago
Dang, they already sent out all their acceptances? I was told that the committee won't be meeting until this week (after the final interview session) to fill in the final spots so if they met on Monday, I guess it's very well possible that they made their decisions. Do you know if they have contacted those people?
 
Yeah she told me that you would have gotten a call if you were accepted, now they're convening to make a decision on the wait list and the positions of each applicant. So best case scenario waitlist worst case a rejection, kinda sucks :/
 
I just contacted my interview group and one of them was accepted last week. And I was all hopeful that I'd hear something back this week...yes, the waitlist is my best hope now.
 
I'm reading through all these comments and am curious, how do you know which batch you applied to..?
 
So all 144 seats have been filled? On Facebook only 125 members are part of the group. Could be that the others just haven't joined.
 
Oh, I'm not sure what I was looking at then. But regardless, all 76 are taken? I'm interviewing this upcoming Tuesday (the 11th)..hopefully I've got a chance still!
They have interviews going through March?? I was told that February 25th was the last interview session...interesting. I don't know why they would still have interviews if all 76 acceptances have been given out but I know some schools interview after all spots have been filled to fill up spots on the waiting list, which seems unfair.
 
They have interviews going through March?? I was told that February 25th was the last interview session...interesting. I don't know why they would still have interviews if all 76 acceptances have been given out but I know some schools interview after all spots have been filled to fill up spots on the waiting list, which seems unfair.
Yeah there are 4 more interviews coming up this month. They already had an interview on March 5th too.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah there are 4 more interviews coming up this month. They already had an interview on March 5th too.
I called ASDOH last week and was informed that Feb 25th was the last interview...

They have given all acceptances but not all may commit to ASDOH and are compiling their waiting list (and will hopefully get back to wait listed applicants next week?).
 
Me personally, I called and told them I was accepted else where and I would like to know my chances here off the wait list they told me right away where I was with no issues. Maybe thats an option for ya